Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    The reason why I continue on using plasma is because of the benefits it offers, it improves load handling ability of engine much more than stock.

In my case, it allowed to overgear (similar to adding 2 additional gears) the engine to extract maximum fuel economy without any appreciable loss of peppiness. So my new first gear is like 3rd gear on stock, this is on my 150cc motorcycle weighing 158kgs.

What's more attractive is it allows engine oil to run a lot cleaner (it ran 3x times longer before needing an oil change, YMMV)
    Which means I only have to change oil 3 months vs every month. Engine oil cost, labour and time is saved here.
    Not only is it so much better in terms of improving the combustion efficiency, it makes your vehicle pass even the latest emission norms life a piece of cake with proper tuning. Again, these are the benefits as tested on motorcycle engines.
    Plasma works so much better with higher compression engines (yes, I did try increasing compression ratio of engine from 9:1 all the way to 14:1 by welding and shaving cylinder head. And reduced the carburetor nozzle size from 1.15mm (for 150cc engine) to 1.08 mm (which is the size of 110cc engine) and that too without sacrificing my bottom and mid range grunts.

I can guarantee all these things can never be done without plasma.

I have tried various turbulence mods like, mesh screen, somender singh grooves, gadget man groove and power lynz in intake manifold and ports, nothing has been able to bring the lean burn limit as much as plasma safely.

Without plasma on such high compression, It would ping, overheat and even burn valve if I run that lean.
    I have experience doing this while I turned off plasma just to know the difference

It won't fix detonation caused by carbon deposits though. This you have to keep in mind (learned it the hard way )

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by nuvisys View Post
    I have been intrigued by plasma ignition, howver, i have not seen any data what it can do; such as fuel savings, increased power output, emissions reduction, etc. Sorry for my ignorance about this, what's the purpose of yur experiments?
    Get the package at www.ignitionsecrets.com - it has a lot of documentation included besides the book & video.

Simply, it dissociates hydrogen from moisture in the air and from the hydrocarbon fuel - that atomic hydrogen is then instantly detonated and that hydrogen detonation helps to burn more of the air fuel mixture.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Plasma theoretically allows for a more complete oxidization of the air-fuel charge in the combustion chamber. the benefits would be allowing someone to fine tune fuel consumption, and the side effect/result would be lowered emissions/costs of operation/equipment longevity
    from what I recall, nuvisys' technology mixes air and fuel more evenly/completely prior to combustion. this causes automated fuel delivery systems to theoretically trim back to a predetermined "stoichiometric" ratio. a strong and more precisely timed ignition event (such as from plasma) allows for most efficient operation of an engine. I think it's a good investment, if you're the type of person who buys a vehicle and uses it over the long term, to add these types of enhancements, as the costs are likely quickly offset by fuel savings, and your emissions are likely well below standards, possibly even below measurable limits.

Leave a comment:

• nuvisys
    replied
    I have been intrigued by plasma ignition, howver, i have not seen any data what it can do; such as fuel savings, increased power output, emissions reduction, etc. Sorry for my ignorance about this, what's the purpose of yur experiments?

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    Here you go
    I believe this link should work for everyone.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9BhRMDaEnEAZjqAE6
    Inverter is a unit which I bought from Aliexpress which works at 37khz, very cheap and very good quality for the price.

Very powerful for my application. I upgraded its cheap mosfet to irf3205 and encapsulated it inside an aluminum box for heat sinking. Without aluminum box, it would heat up to the point where the mosfets would fall off from soldered points. With aluminium box it doesn't heat up at all.
    DC-AC Converter 12V to 110V 200V 220V 280V 150W Inverter Boost Board Transformer
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mMLuwPEY

I used stock cdi unit to supply the cdi pulses. Plasma circuit which I used is s1r tero circuit with 1uf low ESR AC fan capacitor shared below:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/W6neEyBxegDHXDoN6

For limiting the surge current from inverter, I used 2.5mm wire wound ferrite torroid.
    Overall I have no complaints on this unit and pretty happy with it. However I am limited with spark plugs that can handle more than 1.5uf blasts.

With 12.5uf capacitor, it can burn pretty much anything it is given. However iridium electrode vaporized within seconds though. That's how powerful it is

Some shots on how powerful the blasts are with 1.25uf, 2.5uf and 12.5uf:
    https://youtu.be/0novXFFZ6QA
    https://youtu.be/1hN60OoYSN8
    https://youtu.be/OPXU-2P_WlM

Right now I am using 1uf@450 volts, so far this setup gives best of both worlds(spark plug durability and performance)

Below is Aarons circuit with feedback loop(without inverter) running on stock cdi power alone, this has a weird problem, when spark plug gets coated with white oxide layer, output diminishes to a great extent. With external inverter, its kind of like EDM machine, unbeatable output.
    https://youtu.be/1qPzY7gm5uU

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    you're putting 450VDC into your ignition coil's primary in pulses? what frequency? that's supplanting the MSD box Aaron recommends...I like it!

the photobox link doesn't work for me: I don't have permission to see the photo or some similar message

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    Couldn't upload because I am using mobile
    Here you go...
    https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=502085419400

This is motorcycle ignition coil modified to work with high frequency ferrite inverter (450 volts)

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Originally posted by firozmusthafa View Post
    My experience in ignition cable is given below:
    Bought heavy gauge high quality copper cable, added 10 layers of best quality heat shrink tubing available for insulation resistance and added a bifilar style winding of 22 gauge magnet wire with open ends grounded for RFI proofing (look up ground strapping)

Nothing can beat the performance, quality, durability and value for money with diy ignition cable made this way.

I know this is overkill, but I know for a fact that my cables won't ever trouble me.
    I'd like to see these - got photos you can post?

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    My experience in ignition cable is given below:
    Bought heavy gauge high quality copper cable, added 10 layers of best quality heat shrink tubing available for insulation resistance and added a bifilar style winding of 22 gauge magnet wire with open ends grounded for RFI proofing (look up ground strapping)

Nothing can beat the performance, quality, durability and value for money with diy ignition cable made this way.

I know this is overkill, but I know for a fact that my cables won't ever trouble me.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    they want a what kind of sheet? end specifications I understand - they want to get it right the first time, or it's a loss for both the company and the customer.
    Might I suggest you blueprint the factory wires and send that to them, complete with part numbers on the ends, and measurements in both metric and imperial? that way there should be little doubt in anyones minds about what's required.

Leave a comment:

• Alstrup
    replied
    I dont know wvat is wrong. Maybe it is the fact that I am on the other continent, so they dont bother.
    They WA t lenghts. I give them lenghts, with pictures. Not good enougv. They WA t inches. They get inches. Not good enougv. Now they WA t a buimd sheet with lenghts and speckfications of ends. They ha e amready grotten this info 3 times by now, and they still wohnt deliver.
    Soo.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Originally posted by Alstrup View Post
    Hello
    So, it seems that Granatelli is out of the question wrt 0 resistance wires. Everytime I think everything is in order they find a new obsticle to throw at me. I´m fed up with them and are about ready to write off the payment to them... Is there another known option with wires that are 0 ohm and EMI/RFI secure?

Thanks.
    Torben
    Interesting - they've been nothing but straightforward with me, but I'm Canadian. Might this have something to do with you being in Europe? Are there differences between cars there and here that they can't accommodate; specific connectors, for instance?
    don't take this the wrong way, but if you're sending metric specifications to them, you might be derailing the process of a sale by confusing them (poor Americans...). Is it an EU standards issue that they're not confident in meeting?

Leave a comment:

• Alstrup
    replied
    Hello
    So, it seems that Granatelli is out of the question wrt 0 resistance wires. Everytime I think everything is in order they find a new obsticle to throw at me. I´m fed up with them and are about ready to write off the payment to them... Is there another known option with wires that are 0 ohm and EMI/RFI secure?

Thanks.
    Torben

Leave a comment:

• Kamalups
    replied
    Plasma Ignition Plasma Jet Ignition

In summary:nI have a voltage regulator a ballast resistor, an electronic ignition module and a speed control unit all mounted on a bracket attached to the bell housing.nnRobC

If you loved this article and you would certainly such as to get additional information relating to Will fortnite be game of the year kindly see our own web page

Leave a comment:

• Hellenic Vanagon
    replied
    Any one tried two ignition coils in anti-parallel connection? The question is about the engines with distributor and multiplier.
    The second coil may be connected to the main or to a secondary ignition module.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X