X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heysoundude
    replied
    Originally posted by RB176 View Post
    I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. I’m currently using the PRHV2A 20KV diodes and getting a lot of plug wear to the point of getting misfires in a relatively short amount of time. So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
    effects with less plug wear. Thoughts ?
    There are multiple ways to proverbially skin cats:
    https://youtu.be/-SWDVxbmKaA
    Last edited by heysoundude; 08-26-2021, 09:39 AM. Reason: qualifier, for the sensitive folk

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Also it’s at about 10.5 to 1 compression ratio on 110 race gas. I’m using the Msd street fire 5520.

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Gary thanks for reminding me about those NGK plugs, I bought a few but never tried them because they run very cold. So what I am using are the Brisk DO10LGS-T which is still a surface gap plug. I guess what I’ll do is run the plug that’s in for now and when it goes bad replace it with the BUE2322 and see what happens. Honestly I don’t think with this much energy any plug will last very long.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,

So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
    Might be worth a try, but it may also blow the diode. Only one way to find out.

Did the NGK shunt gap plugs not hold up for you either? I've had pretty good success with them in my Bradley. I have an older MSD unit with fewer joules, so that may be part of the reason why they work for me. I'm also running a 9 to 1 compression ratio on regular gasohol.

Gary Hammond,

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. I’m currently using the PRHV2A 20KV diodes and getting a lot of plug wear to the point of getting misfires in a relatively short amount of time. So if I switched to a PRHVP-16 1A/16KV would/could that help reduce plug wear? I know I might not have as much spark but I was hoping it would still have a plasma
    effects with less plug wear. Thoughts ?

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Aaron has moved on to other energy research, it seems, leveraging some of the principles he learned through FE research.

Leave a comment:

• Realtravel
    replied
    Hi Heysoundude
    Thanks for comments on my post, I dont know where the black and yellow wire go to, I will have to trace them, I will need a wiring schamatic, will let you know, I still have not heard back from Aaron or Froz, hopefully there still alive.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    hey Realtravel - the second pic of the coil, with the green(ish?) wire just below what looks like the boot of the HV/HT wire that goes to the plug - those blackish with yellow wires at the centred terminal...where do THEY go to/come from?

Leave a comment:

• Realtravel
    replied
    Hi Guys, will anybody comment on my post, I would appreciate it?

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    It’s got an aftermarket head lol

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,

Originally posted by RB176 View Post
    Thanks Gary I picked some up I’ll give them a shot. Needs to be .750 reach also!
    That's a surprise to me! All the older Kohler flatheads I worked on used .4375" reach. Is this an over head valve engine?

Gary Hammond,

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Thanks Gary I picked some up I’ll give them a shot. Needs to be .750 reach also!
    Last edited by RB176; 03-17-2021, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,

Did you ever try the NGK surface gap plugs I recommended back in posts #1093 & #1127? I think the plug I mentioned was the BU8H which has a nickel tip. They also have the BUHW which has a tungsten tip which might hold up better. Here's a link to it at summit racing. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ngk-2622

Gary Hammond,

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    What plugs have been holding up the best? Every plug I’ve used for a short while has failed by either burning the ground electrode back far enough to cause misfires or just fails internal in some way. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Realtravel
    replied
    I have a KLX 250S 2011 motorcycle with CDI ignition, the primary peak voltage from the CDI cap is 120volts, I can get an upgrade to 180 volts. (see attached ignition system values).

Also working out the primary wire from the coil is interesting, as it seems there is one primary wire going in and one secondary coming out, as seen as the high voltage wire going to the spark plug, (see attached)
    I have searched diagrams (see attached) there are a few descriptions relating to CDI coils (see attached).

I am not 100% sure about the primary wire on the coil, if you could pass your eye over it and comment I would appreciate your expertise.

From what you explained with your plasma technique, the cap discharges 120volt (in my case) to the primary of the ignition coil, the high voltage will go backwards through the positive side on the diode, because its the easiest path to ground, the diode will shut off and the voltage will go over the gap, and what ever is left in the cap will discharge through the diode and over the gap, this is how you use a small amount of voltage to pass over the plug gap, this is genius my friend, what a clever way to create a plasma phenomenon.

Ok, if I have it right, and I use a low resistance HT lead and non resistant plug i should expect a plasma phenomenon, my question is, what diode would I use if my peak starting voltage is 120 volts or 180volts, also what negative effect will this feedback system have on my coil, CDI and is there any feedback RFI that could disrupt my electronics.

Also where do I connect the diode on my CDI coil, is it in alignment with the wire, what are your thoughts?

I have watched all your videos, there is a ton of information there, still digesting, I have noticed that in one experiment you add an external cap to a spark plug along with a diode, WOW!!! that is serious plasma, (ignition secrets)I am happy to just connect the right diode.

I had emailed Froz a few times but i can't seem to get in touch with him, he uses an external power source, He has commented that when he used your method, white deposits formed on the spark plug and reduced effect, what are your thoughts on that.

In my research people are just using a capacitor parallel to spark plug, there is a research paper, you may already have the paper. there might be a lag, as the cap needs to recharge, what are your thoughts on this method.

I have tested the KLX 250S ignition coil HT ignition wire Ohms, it seems about .3 Ohms resistance, when I measure with spark plug cap fitted to the wire it rises to 4.71 Ohms, so I will need to add a zero ohms spark plug cap.

In conclusion, I would appreciate any positive comments on anything I have written

Leave a comment:

Working...
X