Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackchisel97
    replied
    If you read a few pages back You'll find that I built this already while ago. I also hope that this device may solve many health problems. I don't have an access to medical lab and don't own good enough microscope to see what it does in vivo and how to do final tuning. All I know about is what have been handed out at the conference and YT clips posted by other member.
    I wasn't there to ask questions therefore I cannot make any claims or provide more assistance beside what has been already posted. I'm busy with other projects a.t.m and will go back to 4WM once I can verify some details.
    There is no need to "beef up" components without a reason. It is better to understand the circuit working environment first.

Thanks
    Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate
    replied
    Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    The problem is not how to dissipate 1.5W in serial resistance but rather WHY. Single oscillator shouldn't draw more than few mA and 0.125W rated resistor not suppose to get even warm. Why would you want to pump Watts into this poor tiny creature in a first place?

Thanks
    Vtech
    Ok, i use always higher rated components for the life time of the "device".
    How far are you with building this device?

I know that this Bedini/Bearden device is so strong that you don't need a magnetic pulser anymore.

I hope John will soon post more details about the working of this device so i can help my sister, she has HIV.

Thank you for sharing this information, i have ordered the components and i will also build this beautiful device.
    Last edited by Ultimate; 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    The problem is not how to dissipate 1.5W in serial resistance but rather WHY. Single oscillator shouldn't draw more than few mA and 0.125W rated resistor not suppose to get even warm. Why would you want to pump Watts into this poor tiny creature in a first place?

Thanks
    Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate
    replied
    Power Resistor

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
    Well, I can't really suggest anything to anyone but I would like to get this device working properly.
    Since we know the pulse rates of each oscillator as well as their duty cycle - 50% that is the goal. I don't understand the purpose of pumping more mA into 555 by lowering the resistance to the treshold. I just noticed that my solderless proto board (plastic) got slightly melted under the first chip running at first with 120 Ohm, before I replaced with 150. That was absolute minimum in order to make it work at all.
    500 - 600, or 680 Ohms will do but 1k is quite common and will help us to compare data.

Thanks
    Vtech
    Why don't you use a power resistor?

You can calculate with the formula: P = I² * R
    P = power in Watt
    I = current in Amps
    R = resistance

By example: place an Amp meter in series with the resistor, when you read bij example 100mA (the same as 100/1000 = 0,1 Amps) 0,1 * 0,1 * 150 Ohm = 1,5W

Higher the wattage of the components in function of the above calculation and they can handle the heat.

Nice greetings ;-)

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    Well, we're on the same page Theunis. I'm expecting courier with precise frequency meter and RF signal generator for up to 450Mhz within a day. My digital signal gen. is precise down to 4 decimals but when it reads external source it automatically cuts the reading. 1168Hz reads as 1.16kHz and doesn't give a clue about the next decimal. I need this to wrap my Light Therapy project. Everything else works fine and it should be nice looking/working unit when done.
    I was also thinking of running Dr Beck Tuner on those chips instead of 555 and 556. Transistor part could be substituted with op amp but since it works fine I'm not motivated enough to fiddle with. If ain't broken don't try to fix it.

Thanks
    Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Prinsloo
    replied
    I also though about that Vtech, they are also more stable and don't float as much as 555.

Theunis

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    Mine are ST. I think, just for giggles I'll make another replication but this time using HCF4047. I tried them in my Red Light Pulser and I like it. They hold 50% d.c and can be tuned precisely by resistance only. I can cover all 7 settings from 73Hz to 4,672Hz using same 10n cap. Their cost is the same as 555. They have 14 pins and require same amount of other components.
    Just need to wrap few other projects first.

Thanks
    Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Mostie
    replied
    Theunis, I thought the same thing about the 555's, however I assumed they were a generic design.
    I think JB used TI, mine are all ST, might be useful know what other folks have used.

Leave a comment:

• Prinsloo
    replied
    Hi guys

Was trying to play catch-up on this thread, good work, VERY GOOD work you guys, sorry but time and bucks are few so have to salt mine to keep staying floating.

My 2c worth, I have read a page some time ago of different manufactures 555 chips have different characteristics that have very different effects on circuit design, maybe a good thing to look into this as well, Maybe TomC and others will be so kind and tel us the manufacturers of the 555 they are using and compare notes . . . .

A year ago I have build a multiple timer circuit for an alarm system with multiple inputs on different circuits, using 11 x 555 timers ( I know a PIC would have been better) and after many an hour of frustration and tears, discovered what the problem was, in the design process I fried 2 of the 555 IC's from the original batch and replaced them with IC's from my spares box, (different manufacturer than the rest) and could not get it working properly until I replaced them with the same (manufacturer and bought them from the same store) as the originals, might sound nuts to some but this is what I experienced.

Just a thought,

Theunis

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    Originally posted by dnice
    Hey BC,
    So are you suggesting that we should use 1k Ohms resistors between pin 8 and 7 of the 555s?
    Well, I can't really suggest anything to anyone but I would like to get this device working properly.
    Since we know the pulse rates of each oscillator as well as their duty cycle - 50% that is the goal. I don't understand the purpose of pumping more mA into 555 by lowering the resistance to the treshold. I just noticed that my solderless proto board (plastic) got slightly melted under the first chip running at first with 120 Ohm, before I replaced with 150. That was absolute minimum in order to make it work at all.
    500 - 600, or 680 Ohms will do but 1k is quite common and will help us to compare data.

Thanks
    Vtech

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    Originally posted by Mostie View Post
    Hello BC, 1k is what I'm aiming for, just play with the 555 calculator until you get a decent duty cycle. what do you think about the freq. of osc 4&5?
    Hi Mostie.

I listed pulse rates which I arrived with in post 140. Oscillators with fixed resistors were calculated and they are pretty close in working device. If I remember well I've got near 800pps and 7,500pps in 4&5, 20,000pps in 6th and 7pps in 7th. I had to change cap in 7th since I couldn't adjust to 7pps with circuit value.

Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Mostie
    replied
    Hello BC, 1k is what I'm aiming for, just play with the 555 calculator until you get a decent duty cycle. what do you think about the freq. of osc 4&5?

Leave a comment:

• blackchisel97
    replied
    My 2 pennies:
    I think we can adjust the resistance in order to stay on the pulse rate according to the schematic and comply with manufacturer specs. As I stated before, 100 Ohm is an absolute minimum to get oscillator working (tried) but it results in unnecessary heating of IC and resistor. Anywhere from 560 Ohm - 1k is fine. Actually, I would prefer 1k. With such value oscillator draws only 5-6mA and there is no strain on components.

Vtech

Leave a comment:

• Mostie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanjaq View Post
    Read your 555 datasheet, specifically the Absolute Maximum Ratings for Power Dissipation. I won't speculate on JB's quote, but this is just how it is: Your timer will soon die if you put less than 100 ohms between VCC and Discharge pin.
    that wasn't my point, you were trying to imply the values had been cut by the copier, when JB states these as being correct, however if you read my previous posts to BC, I already knew there was a problem and started to change them.

Leave a comment:

• Shanjaq
    replied
    Originally posted by Mostie View Post
    not really, if you read post 1 by JB, he gives you the value's ????
    Read your 555 datasheet, specifically the Absolute Maximum Ratings for Power Dissipation. I won't speculate on JB's quote, but this is just how it is: Your timer will soon die if you put less than 100 ohms between VCC and Discharge pin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X