Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Faraday88,

The secondary windings on a wasted spark coil pack are isolated from the primary. When it fires, the HV + goes over one gap of a plug to ground and from ground to the center electrode of another sparkplug back to the coil. That is how it completes the loop. One plug will be on the compression stroke and one will be on the exhaust stroke. The firing of the plug on the exhaust stroke does nothing so is considered a wasted spark.

The car companies use this to cut down on the number of parts for the ignition system so they save money and there is less maintenance.

Whichever plug fires HV+ is always positive and whichever plug fires HV- is always negative. So the positive HV plug will have the center electrode wear down from the current bombardment and the negative HV plug will have the ground strap wear down from the current bombardment, which moves from the center electrode to the ground.

There are advantages and disadvantages to this kind of system, but it is very common on a lot of vehicles on the road today.
    Hey Thanks a ton Aaron! i'm now clear on the wasted Spark concept...
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Hello smart people.

I am an electrical engineering student and I am looking for a book about electric circuits that ignite plasma jets. I am really interested in plasma electric circuitary.

Thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Marachovsky View Post
        Hello smart people.

I am an electrical engineering student and I am looking for a book about electric circuits that ignite plasma jets. I am really interested in plasma electric circuitary.

Thanx
        It's all there in the Water Sparkplug threads at http://energeticforum.com or you can get all my work on it at http://ignitionsecrets.com
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Diodes gone bad.

After driving with plasma ignition on my Land Cruiser for about 5 months, the diode string to cylinder 5 and 6 went bad.
          I used 25 diodes, 6a10.
          Now I am ready for something more simple, like just one diode per cylinder instead of 25!
          What would be the best diode to use?
          I am also thinking about upgrading to Garantelli spark plug wires.
          Lately I have been looking at www.aquatune.com and must say that it looks very good, since it is a water and hydrogen injection system. Water and Plasma goes bang as we all know!
          If anyone on the forum has any experience with Aquatune please let me know.

Fuel vapor is another thing I have been looking into lately. It is a jungle of mis and dis info out there.
          I have found that youtube channel iambillythekid is the man to follow. He is bringing fuel to high heat, 950f instead of bringing heat to the fuel. Flash heating the fuel is the trick. And no, the fuel will not auto ignite at 536f like Wikipedia says! It will auto ignite at more like 1050f.

Comment

• I've been using 2CLG 30kg 2amp diodes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00BN2NGSM

I'm using 1 per plug but you can probably use it for more than one plug.

My talk at the conference on how to solve the wasted spark ignition issue will be coming out in August.

The conference was awesome by the way... more details to come!
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Thank you very much!

Comment

• Here is some recent research into plasma ignition.

Aaron thank you for posting this circuit some time ago. It works very well. Amazing how loud it gets with water in the spark gap! I wonder how much louder it will get with a 24 v low voltage source instead of just 12 v.

Comment

• Lightbulb lights up under water!

I would like to know what this type of energy is called. The multimeter does not give a reading indicating enough energy to light a bulb.

Comment

• Different sparks with closed coil and open coil.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThankyouBedini View Post
                      Here is some recent research into plasma ignition.

Aaron thank you for posting this circuit some time ago. It works very well. Amazing how loud it gets with water in the spark gap! I wonder how much louder it will get with a 24 v low voltage source instead of just 12 v.
                      Can you post a diagram of your complete setup?
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Lightbulb lights up under water!

I would like to know what this type of energy is called. The multimeter does not give a reading indicating enough energy to light a bulb.
                        Is it lighting the bulb or did you explode the filament and are using the terminals as the spark gap?
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

Lightbulb lights up under water!

Hi,

Yes it resembles the Cold -form of Electricity that Ed gray showed with that has a non shocking property as well (please do not attempt to see if it does so!!!!)
                          but this one is not conclusively that one ..coz a light bulb can be lit under water with similar feature such as it frequency when it is high enough, your set up seems to be using a Tesla coil.
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.
                          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Here is the circuit.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	47077
                            The filament is still working, but it does not take much to break it!
                            The coil I was using was a 23 # wire wrapped around a 2 inch pvc pipe, on top of that I used 6filiar litzed 23# wire. Just a coil from an old experiment.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ThankyouBedini; 07-31-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Here is the circuit.

The filament is still working, but it does not take much to break it!
                              The coil I was using was a 23 # wire wrapped around a 2 inch pvc pipe, on top of that I used 6filiar litzed 23# wire. Just a coil from an old experiment.
                              Thank you - makes sense.

I doubt your 12v battery is jumping the gap or contributing - it is just there to give the HV a place to go initially before the diode shuts off and the discharge is forced through the primary coil. So if you had 24v in batteries there instead of 12v, it probably wouldn't make much difference. However, I hope you can demonstrate that you can get a battery to jump there gap through an inductor.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Here is a video to demonstrate that by pulsing the positive post on the 12 volt battery the bang gets way louder.

How it would work with a 24 volt battery I will find out later...
                                Since this method gives the best bang, I strongly feel that somebody should try it in an engine to explode some water vapor....

Comment

Working...
                                X