Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iEnergySupply
    replied
    The video was thrown together, we planned to turn it up even more but the tesla valve melted over time so had to find some older footage of it running on higher settings for the video, unfortunately it didn't have the heat exchanger installed. Here it is running with the heat exchanger, we show it on slightly higher settings, and is before the valve was completely destroyed. https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah.fe...6230802244898/ We will be adding aluminum tesla valve in a couple days so we can turn it all the way up. Also we will show temperature's.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    what happened to the exchanger coil in the "high power" portion of the video?
    (the coils work better when the flows oppose each other - it looked like you had yours reversed from this)

Leave a comment:

• iEnergySupply
    replied
    Pulse Jet and proper plasma ignition. Plasma ignition works!
    We have been experimenting with Aaron's plasma ignition system with our new pulse jet engine coupled with tesla valves used in the correct way. The plasma ignition makes a huge difference in the ability to burn whatever gas or fuel we use. Testing before and after using the plasma ignition shows an extreme difference in the intensity of the explosions, the explosions are faster and louder. The interesting thing is when we add just the right amount of water to the mixture, the power is again intensified leading us to believe there is a large amount of energy coming from the combustion of the water after it is split into hydrogen and oxygen.
    Here is a link to the pulse jet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaUfAs3MADo

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    everything works fine except when you connect the MSD box...MSD suggests the Pertronix coil has too low of an impedence on the primary:
    sounds to me like you need to hack the MSD to swap out the cap, and my gut instinct says you'll have to go higher on volts and lower on Farads than stock to balance things out...or rather than swapping it out, adding another of the same in series with the original. big help for me was to look at the wiki page on Farads - the energy equivalencies...if you're a math guy.

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Gary, I’m running a magnet crank trigger pickup off the shaft end with no other engine mods. Also I’m using a Granatelli wire and a Pertronix III .3 ohm coil with a plug gap of .035 or .040 which is standard for these plugs.

Leave a comment:

• Hellenic Vanagon
    replied
    My Plasma mkIII Cordon Rouge is here:http://www.vwsyncro.eu/p/blog-page_34.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190604_195724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	540.1 KB
ID:	50192

4 ampere 380v pure current.

The 3 and the 4 channel diode banks cannot handle the huge 4(+) m.m. gap of my kinked 90° surface discharge spark plugs, since the voltage is raised above their limit, (although they are working well with the standard NGK 1.3 m.m. gap).

I am working to overcome the above problem, as well as, problems with the sync(h)ronization of the two plasma units, problems with EMI/RFI emissions, (since the tries to ground the cable shielding must not include the tv cables physical aluminum shield, the arc is so strong that is grounded through the shield!).

Extra shields, extra units, (6 amperes is possible with the existing setup), absolutely precise advance adjustment on the road, (by the insight and the ear), decisions about the correct height of the spark plug ignition height point, protection against overheating if the 555 transistors malfunction, protection against water, decisions, decisions, decisions...

The difference between the initial 2A current vs the 4A current of the new Double Plasma, mkIII, Cordon Rouge
    module, is not theoretical, at all, it is very present and, hopefully, it will be seen in my next video.

The Syncro Heresy
    Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-09-2019, 04:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,

Just curious, is this a modified K321? Pulling tractor? Cub Cadet?

Besides the ignition, what other mods have you done to the engine? Is the Pertronix Ignitor 1 made specifically for this engine, or did you have to adapt a different one and somehow connect it to the crankshaft? Would love to see a photo of what you're working with.

As for the misfire problem would you describe it as an intermittent total loss of ignition or rather as random, sporadic, events only lasting one or two revolutions at a time? If your plug was badly worn in a short time, you may have gone too wide with the plug gap? What heat range plug are you using and is it the correct reach? Is it a projected tip plug?

What kind of plug wire are you using? If you said before, I don't remember what you said.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 06-08-2019, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Yes Gary the 14

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,

Are we still talking about your 14HP Kohler engine, or are you now talking about this on your car instead?

I was wondering if someone could help me out with creating better spark with a Typical battery points and condenser/capacitor ignition system on a old lawn tractor
    I do not want to put a msd box on it because that system would probably cost me more than the tractor lol. Could I use a 20kv diode like Peter did in the video on page 1 of this thread. Thank you Jeremiah
    It’s a 14hp Kohler

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Well I just stopped at Summit yesterday and picked up a new coil like Gary is using a Msd Blaster 8222 but I haven’t gotten a chance to hook it up yet. The reason for the different coil was after talking to Msd they said that the Street Fire 5520 works best with there coil that’s .5 ohms or more, and they said that the Pertronix III maybe heating up and cause the misfire so I figured I would just give it a try to actually see if it could possibly be the problem. I now Aaron is using the same Pertronix III coil I have without problems. The only other thing I’m going to do is try to separate the wires incase they might be putting out some kind of electrical interference between themselves.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    so, how'd it go?

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Here’s an update, I disconnected the msd and swapped out the coil. I also checked the plug which had significant wear so replaced that to. I then ran it on straight magnetic pickup and it ran fine, so I at lease know the trigger is good. Now I’m to hook back up the msd and run it again and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    There could be multiple reasons.
    Some of the common issues I have faced with my vehicles:
    1. I would suspect issue with MSD or trigger coil/pickup coil whichever is applicable.
    2. If you have carburetor issues, you also might develop missing
    3. vacuum leaks, broken vacuum hose might cause missing as well.
    4. Spark plug internal issues could also cause misfiring, take out the plugs individually and inspect plug color as well as center electrode continuity. If there is abnormal color in any of the spark plug, there could be definite issues with ignition.
    5. If carburetor is flooding, miss can appear. 6. Loose contacts in ignition coil primary leads could cause missing as well.
    7. If air filter is due for replacement, it might cause missing
    8. if carburetor return line is blocked carburetor would drink gasoline and could cause a miss.
    9. Clogged float chamber vents could cause missing causing vapour locks
    10. If fuel injected, MAP/MAF sensors are due for cleaning or replacement
    11. Spark plug boots could be leaking sparks to the wells
    12. Inlet valve leakage causes missing
    13. Rfi interference from spark plug wires could cause interference with ECU in rare cases

There could be more reasons which I have not covered. So far these are the reasons I have encountered in my 12 years of experience with my own vehicles

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Help please! My Engine has a miss since I have converted over to the new ignition system. I’ve checked and rechecked all my wiring and I’m sure I have no loose connections. I tried a few things out so far, I unplugged the diode and ran it on straight msd and the miss still persists so that rules that out. I’m pretty sure it’s not the coil cause I’m pretty sure they work or they don’t. Going to swap out the plug tomorrow. I’m using everything everyone else is Street Fire 5520, Pertronix III any suggestions what to try. And yes I have Plasma! Any thoughts thanks Jeremiah

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Originally posted by firozmusthafa View Post
    I recently tried switching carburetor to a different one (old one was worn off at the vacuum slide port), then I realized that some carburetors are impossible to lean out (because of the needle jet design).

I have ordered stock carburetor from Honda. Waiting for it to continue water injection experiments.

From the conversation I had with Daniel Diaz from torque masters, I understood that he is not a technical guy. So can't expect much from him.
    You might give up too quickly:
    https://eagle-research.com/product/c...third-edition/
    I'm certain it's quite possible with stock/factory equipment and certain add-ons to exceed your expectations

Leave a comment:

Working...
X