Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brOnsOn77 62ma sourced from 120V. You are sourcing from 12v DC and have additional loses in the inverter.
    Good luck

Michael Luton

Comment

• Branch,
      That looks about right. As can be seen it does not look like a Lead Acid battery.
      I have some more charts to show soon . This is a different type of battery.

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
      Ok here is the charge curve right after adding 1ml acid to each cell. I then ran a discharge curve with a 1 amp load down to 1V. Kind of a high load...just wanted to see what it would do. My next curve I'm going to run a small PC fan which draws around 127mA.

Also, please see the video below I made. I make some comments in it that I might be confused about.

I don't think I have the mix right yet. But maybe the curve will look a lot better with a smaller load.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]802[/ATTACH]

John Bedini
      My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

• Branch,
        Just though that I would say a few more things here. In looking at the Charger the green light is blinking with the pulse. That means the Pwm chip is indicating a charged battery but we know that is not right. The water returns out of the battery during charging and discharging. The battery is showing a completely different impedance. Please discharge that battery at 400Ma so I can see the extended output curve. do you have any kind of DC motor like something from Radio Shack. Otherwise just do the 400Ma The correct load for that battery would be 250 ma @C20. This battery stuff takes a long time to see things happen. My little 5 Amp Hr battery does just like yours I will run the curve so we can see what is different. This experimenting is taking the rest of my life up in time.
        John Bedini

Comment

• Hello John or some one else that knows this.

I bought what i thought was the Alum.
          I have to somehow translate all of this into dutch.
          But now i think it is the wrong stuf ?

The formula says : KAI (so4)2. 12H2O

Is this the alum to use?
          Is this usable ?

Greetings,

Rene

Comment

• Alum Battery Curve 10.3.12

Hey John-

I actually started a curve a few days ago with a small PC fan, which I have attached a photo of. It's rated at 150mA. I can run another curve at 400mA if you wish...but I'm thinking this shows what you are wanting to see? Let me know if not and I'll run a curve at 400mA.

It definitely evens back out at around 3V like you said earlier. The fan gradually gets slower and slower. Last night it was so slow that I couldn't really feel a breeze anymore. This morning it was stopped...so it didn't pull the battery down to 1V. The fan ran for about 41 hours. Do your LED's do the same thing....do they get pretty dim down at 3V?

Other thing I wanted to ask about...I'd like to use these with the SSG testing (which I finally have built, just need to finish the circuit). You mentioned the impedance changes in the battery...does that mean the tuning on the SSG would need to change with the battery?

I also really wanted to use these in a solar panel setup for my house, but I'm thinking that the inverters won't handle the low voltage....so not sure what to do about that....

Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	44857Click image for larger version

Name:	Alum Curve 10_3_12.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	44858

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            Branch,
            Just though that I would say a few more things here. In looking at the Charger the green light is blinking with the pulse. That means the Pwm chip is indicating a charged battery but we know that is not right. The water returns out of the battery during charging and discharging. The battery is showing a completely different impedance. Please discharge that battery at 400Ma so I can see the extended output curve. do you have any kind of DC motor like something from Radio Shack. Otherwise just do the 400Ma The correct load for that battery would be 250 ma @C20. This battery stuff takes a long time to see things happen. My little 5 Amp Hr battery does just like yours I will run the curve so we can see what is different. This experimenting is taking the rest of my life up in time.

Comment

• Hi All,

Just a quick report. I received my upgraded/new West Mountain 4 and did a discharge curve on my little
              4Ah converted battery. I also added 1ml of battery acid to each cell as it was a "virgin" battery when I added
              the ALUM. Then recharged battery. Battery capacity is about twice what it was.

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	44859Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	44860

Here is the reason for this post. Notice on the first normal discharge I intended to discharge to ZERO volts.
              It never got there. It seems the West mountain loses the ability to be a constant current device around .7VDC
              and turned into just a resistive or normal turn on of a semiconductor voltage drop at that point. It still measures the voltage
              and current and charts it but the current does not stay @ 110ma (discharge set point) and voltage drops to about .5 V @ 27ma! And stays there,
              and stays there and stays there! The second picture shows a new chart with the voltage holding there. The real question is
              how long can it supply this????? It seems flat as a fiddle and looks like the Energizer bunny.......any ideas? I"m going on vacation
              tomorrow and will be gone for a week...I will leave the battery on discharge across a diode with a ma meter in series for the week and see if
              it is still working when I get home.....for sure, that battery will be "dead" when I get back.

Ben K4ZEP
              Last edited by k4zep; 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM. Reason: Double ending

Comment

• Hi All,

Test of dead battery using diode as load @ 0.769 V (Diode load drop 1N4007) @ 0.023 Amps, 18 mw.
                Curious how long it will last.

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	44861

Ben K4ZEP
                Last edited by k4zep; 10-03-2012, 07:43 AM. Reason: Didn't like Pix in center

Comment

• how it woks

In this video Chuck and I are showing what to expect from the crystal battery. In the latter half of the video you can see what the microscope sees. The last shots are of how the crystal grows and next two show how the sulfate attacks the lead, you want to avoid that.
                  John Bedini
                  John Bedini

Comment

• Here John and I are Showing the Alum battery on a monopole and the fast charge rate and impedience change. The alum batteries charged to a point within 3 minutes that the capacitive dump halted and charged the batteries up to a little over 15v in a fast time. John and I explain this in the video. Thanks for watching.

Chuck Hupp

Comment

• My Lead Alum Battery Conversion

Hi All,

I did a lead alum battery conversion with a dry charge 12v 3Ah motorcycle battery. I kept a video blog which shows me mixing up the alum, filling, charging with the RC-1AU and dis-charging the battery with the West Mountain Radio CBAII.

I've also attached the charge and discharge curves over 3 charge and 2 discharge cycles.

Name:	CB3L-A Lead Alum Batt1 CM.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	44864

Name:	CB3L-A Lead Alum Batt1.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	44863This was a very interesting project and I'd like to thank John and Chuck for their instructions and guidance. I'll continue to cycle this battery and will post the results.

John K.

Comment

• JohnK,
                        What is in the stick, did they add anything to it. I know it hard to tell. Balance the alum if you can do you have a PH meter? When I left the shop my lights were still running. The only difference is the balance. When you come next time I will give you the Alum, they would not let me ship it, it seems to be banned where your at. I guess I'm on a terrorist list now. Your chart is showing a very high impedance. The Alum battery should just go up to 15.5 and hang like a big capacitor. discharge curve is to low for that battery. Call and I will talk to you.
                        John Bedini

Comment

• Thanks for sharing John!.. I'm finding hard to find alum in Sydney as well.
                          If i have any luck I'll let you know.

Cheers
                          George N.

Comment

• Georgey,
                            I have talked to John K, The white crystal is what you two guys need for a seed crystal.
                            John knows how to balance the cell. Growing it does not take to long a matter of days in the weather you have.
                            Last edited by John_Bedini; 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM. Reason: correction
                            John Bedini

Comment

• Thank for sharing John & Chuck, "Much Appreciated"

Cheers,

George N.

Comment

• Thanks John!.. best news I've had all day.

George N.

Comment

Working...
                                X