A few newbie questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Constantin, yes that diagram is correct.

John K.
    Hi, John K

Please look at the photo in Pg. 58 and 59 of e-book "The complete begineer's handbook", it shows it winded in counter clockwise (different direction in your illustration). I am confused now. Could you please clarify it for me? Thank you very much.

Comment

• Hi, Tom

Let me confirm it. The wires are #20 awg and #23 awg, 130feet each. Is it correct?

Thanks

Comment

• Dear Kingstingtin

I sent a PM to you just now. Could you please reply? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
          Hi, John K

Please look at the photo in Pg. 58 and 59 of e-book "The complete begineer's handbook", it shows it winded in counter clockwise (different direction in your illustration). I am confused now. Could you please clarify it for me? Thank you very much.
          Hi lis,

Sorry, which illustration are of mine are you referring to? Perhaps you could post a link to the post?

john K.

Comment

JouleSeeker, if you change the video setting to a higher resolution you can read the scales. The horizontal scale is every minute for 3 hours and the vertical scale is 0.5v per horizontal line on the chart. (between 11.0 and 16.0v)

John K.
            Hi, John

What kind of software and equipment he used to measure the voltage for every minutes? It will be very tiring if we measure it every minutes. But I think, if he measured it when the wheel still turning, the result is not accurate as the batteries are not stable yet. I tried my small scale SSG and found that the battery voltage was different for running and rest for sometime.

Comment

Hi lis,

Sorry, which illustration are of mine are you referring to? Perhaps you could post a link to the post?

john K.

Can I eamil you the diagram? I do not know how to attach here.

Comment

Hi lis,

john K.
                John

It is here http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...stions-10.html
                In the post by Kingstingtin on 11-26-2012 04:29pm.

You said the winding direction is correct.

Thanks

Comment

James,

130ft is the "magic" number. Then you size your wire to the energizer and the batteries you want to charge. For example, we found that 7 x 130ft #20 and 1 x 130ft #23 worked great for a 13Ah lawn tractor battery.

130ft seems to give a good balance between impedance and inductance.

John K.
                  My two battery are 12V, 7.2AH. Is that OK to use 130ft?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
                    Today I purchased a new battery [ATTACH=CONFIG]1247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1248[/ATTACH]
                    Here's his discharge characteristics [ATTACH=CONFIG]1249[/ATTACH]
                    Graph 0.05C discharge ends with voltage 10.5V (at 20 hours).
                    Please tell me at what voltage I need to stop discharge?
                    How did plot the graph and how to discharge it?

Thanks

Comment

Konstantin,

What you are doing is fine. 12.0v is 50% discharged so you should be getting about 10 hours with your load.

160mA draw current is arbitrary number to be used as a guideline. Every machine is different. I tune my machines to fastest speed for lowest current draw. I don't even look at the draw current until after I have tuned it.

John K.
                      Hi, John

Why you said 12V is 50% discharge? How did you calculate it?

Comment

Not at all, AMPPMEUPP. I would be glad if my information is useful to you.
                        Sorry I cannot catch you. Why you talk about screw here? Are the screws used for fixing the frame?

Comment

How all the same hard to be patient. There are still nine cycles. After I saw how has grown battery capacity when charging it lasted until 16.18 V, I really want to do it again. Time difference was only six hours (between charges up to 16.18V and 14.81V). It seems to me that in this case battery capacity will be increased again and again. But in this case, the COP will be less than one. Just me not give rest to the fact that the battery capacity decreases. I can publish a table, if needed.
                          Dear Kingstingtin

Could you please publish your table in English? I do not understand your previous table? How long it takes for your one charge&discharge cycle? How did you discharge your battery?

Thanks

Comment

I connected the LED under the scheme: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1377[/ATTACH] My device works in a mode repulsion. This means that the red LED lights up when placing a magnet on top of core? Magnet should be exactly in the center of the core, or have small tolerances?
                            Hi, Kingstingtin

Why did you put a LED there?

Comment

Thank you, John. I'll be waiting for your answer. I too did not connect the two LEDs at once. I soldered here such thing: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1382[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1383[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1384[/ATTACH]
                              What is the resistance of the resistor you connected to the LED?

Comment

• If I am not mistaken then about 330 omhs.
                                lis_wang, see the topic further, there are answers to your questions.
                                Konstantin.

Comment

Working...
                                X