Pastor Gordon's First try at Bedini Energizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
    Hi Pastor G. Read the output voltage just like you read a battery. Reading the output amperage is not going to be very helpful at this stage for you. Output is pulsed dc and the meters don't read it well anyway. Do not run you ssg without a charging battery. It only takes an instant to destroy a transistor or at the least damage one or damage a diode. They may not go out completely but will ruin performance. That may be what has happened to your ssg. You may have a leaky diode or tranny or both.

al
    well, this circuit has brand new diodes and a brand new transistor, and has not been ran without a charging battery attached to it... I don't understand why ALL the batteries are dead...

I've already learned my lesson about blowing transistors lol, went through several of them before learning what was causing it...

is it the circuit diagram I'm using?? Is it different from Johns circuit in any way? I linked to it in a post above... It was easier for me to read than the other ones I've seen, but looked to me to be the same design... Please check it for me to see if it is correct.

Thanks for the power checking thing... I am checking it correctly if what you say is true... I wasn't sure if I was checking it right or not... It may be that this small setup cant be anything more than a 4 magnet monopole motor... Ill have to keep playing with it while I'm building my bigger unit...

How would I check for leakages around diodes and transistors???
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Comment

Hi Pastor G. You should be using the diagram from the first post here... http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=30 It doesn't get any more correct than from the man himself.

You should look back over your circuit. All batteries discharging is a sign of trouble for sure. Components leak when the junctions breakdown inside. The ways to check them are out there in google land. A quick search will bring up a few sites. I had similar problems both from transistors and diodes leaking. Mine would run but didn't charge worth a flip when that was happening. Every time it has happened to me it was my fault. It may be that you got a defective part to begin with.

al

Comment

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
        Hi Pastor G. You should be using the diagram from the first post here... http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=30 It doesn't get any more correct than from the man himself.

You should look back over your circuit. All batteries discharging is a sign of trouble for sure. Components leak when the junctions breakdown inside. The ways to check them are out there in google land. A quick search will bring up a few sites. I had similar problems both from transistors and diodes leaking. Mine would run but didn't charge worth a flip when that was happening. Every time it has happened to me it was my fault. It may be that you got a defective part to begin with.

al
        ok, Ill be checking those today sometime... I have a question though, and the best way I can figure out to represent what I'm asking is through a picture... I THINK it is just showing the flow of power from the emitter to the negative pole, but I'm not sure... is this another diode? or resistor? or something else??? I have circled the "triangle" symbol in the picture and attached it to this post...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monopole1 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	47118

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Gordon View Post
          Awesome!! I am slowly getting the things I need to build the bigger wheel... in the meantime, I re-built the entire circuit for my little machine today. I used THIS schematic of the SSG circuit, cause I think its the same as Johns, but easier for me to understand than the other one shared with me... Definitely different than Daftman's circuit!

I have to say that my little machine is running very nicely!!! I really like this wire-wound 1k pot too!!! Its so much easier to use than the linear pots I got from the Shack! The "Sweet spot" if I'm measuring right is around the middle of the turn... its definitely not running at max RPM, but seems (if I'm reading it right) to not put out as much voltage at max RPM... It seems to be working great for a little machine with only 4 magnets, even though I have NOT had the chance to change out the core material with these welding rods yet...

I have 4 AA batteries hooked up as the primary, and 4 AAA batteries hooked up as the charging battery. At the moment I have all alkaline on it, but I'm here watching it at the moment. I can switch between battery banks as needed...

My real question here is this, HOW do you measure voltage and current being produced verses the amount of voltage and current being used??? I'm really confused about where to place my leads to get the right readings.

Can I get any help with where to place my leads to get accurate readings??? Please refer to the circuit schematic I posted so I will understand where you are talking about. I want to figure out voltage and amperage... for usage and charge rate.

Thanks!!!

Here's pics of the little box redone... I disconnected the DC power jack, and never mind those caps, there not hooked up...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4737[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4739[/ATTACH]
          Pastor G,

I started as a real neophyte and you may be beyond me already with your SSG (once I saw "weird" things [why the heck does it charge things "backwards"] I just kept looking at such and not worrying all the time about build quality). However, you have asked at least twice I think about measuring amp draw. Well, read how the meter says to do it, but just be sure you are in series with the circuit, not paralell as with voltage. I.e. the amps need to flow through your circuit in the meter before you can measure. You might wish to check out anything Forrest Mims has written. I started, before anything else I believe, with his Radioshack 100 circuits kit. By the time I had ten or 20 I felt okay to look at what Bedinites have been doing with his circuit. As an outsider I found Forrest really good with getting me up to speed on what different things did and how they were used.

Comment

its just part of the transistor symbol, use 12v batteries or drill batteries to start with.... sometimes charging AA can wreck them if the spike is too big

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
              its just part of the transistor symbol, use 12v batteries or drill batteries to start with.... sometimes charging AA can wreck them if the spike is too big
              Thank you. I figured it was something like that...

Also, I realized after closer inspection that I have the neon bulb hooked up wrong... currently it is directly connected from the emitter to the base... which is wrong according to this diagram. Is this possibly why the batteries drained after it stopped running??? I havent changed it around yet, its been a busy day. Ill be correcting that problem either today or tomorrow though.

Comment

Hi Joshua,

The wiring pictorial you linked to is correct except for one thing. It has the symbol for a PNP transistor in place of an NPN. The PNP symbol has the arrow head pointing inward toward the straight line inside the circle , while the NPN symbol has the arrow head pointing toward the outside of the circle. The little arrow you inquired about signifies which kind of transistor to use.

The correct circuit as drawn uses an NPN. In order to use a PNP the circuit would need to be changed.

Also the neon bulb will only conduct when the voltage across it exceeds 90 volts. So having it connected to the base would not have drained the batteries. It also would not protect the transistor from overvoltage when running with the charge batteries disconnected. And If the charge batteries failed on their own while unattended, you probably blew the transistor as well. You also may have damaged the coil with too much current through a shorted transistor.

Comment

YAY I fixed it!!! Running perfectly now!! for such a small unit anyway...

I currently have it running using a 12 volt power supply, but I put a diode on the supply so it wouldn't get any backflow from the unit lol, I don't want to blow another power supply... seems to be working nicely!!! I have it charging a completely dead and not-able-to-charge sealed lead acid 12v 2A battery... I'm not sure if it will charge it or not, we shall see...

I am a bit confused as to how to "desulfate" a battery... does this circuit do that automatically just by the way it works? or is there something special you have to do?

My magnets should be here tomorrow... and then construction begins on the larger unit!!!

I checked the transistor, and the diodes by the way... they all checked out ok. All I had wrong was the neon bulb, AND I had the wrong resistor in with the potentiometer... I had a 100 Ohm 2 watt resistor, I changed that to a 100 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor today along with the neon bulb change and everything seems good! However, I still have not changed out the core material to these welding rods yet... still using baling wire for the moment...

Upon closer examination (after removing the AA and AAA batteries they were all right about the same charge, NOT dead! While hooked up they seemed to be dead, but after removing them they all seemed to be "balanced" I'm not sure why all that happened, maybe because its only 6 volts... not sure. But at least its working correctly now!!!

Comment

TODAY, even though I'm feeling quite sick (currently sucking down Colloidal Silver to help), I began building my larger unit!!! I have attached pictures of the construction so far... The magnets you see on the wheel are not "permanent" yet, I just placed them on it and gave it a good spin to see how it would do... seemed to spin pretty freely... Used 18 magnets on this 21" wheel....

Name:	20150921_195634.jpg
Size:	676.0 KB
ID:	47119 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150921_195643.jpg
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	47120 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150921_195702.jpg
Size:	426.2 KB
ID:	47121

Name:	20150921_195717.jpg
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	47122 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150921_195732.jpg
Size:	563.8 KB
ID:	47123

Comment

Hi,
                      The symbol represents a forward PN diode between the base and the emmitter for a NPN Transistor.
                      Rgds,
                      Navneet.
                      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Before I start, I want to thank you guys for providing me with such valuable information. I really appreciate it.

Now that I have everything ordered, and am almost complete building the frame and wheel... I have another question lol...

This new, bigger wheel is going to have a coil made of 150 feet of 20 gauge wire (Primary), and 4 total strands of 23 gauge wire (Secondary), all "LITZED" together, with a core made of R60 welding rods. That will be a total of 4 transistors being used... I already know how to hook up the primary and 1 secondary wire to 1 transistor, but how do I hook up the other 3 transistors with just the other 3 secondary wires? Does that 1 primary wire connect to all 4 transistors while each transistor is separately connected to each secondary wire??? Does each secondary wire combine to produce one very powerful output? or 4 separate outputs??? I'm a little confused...

I do have all 3 books, so if anyone can point me to the info, or another diagram that shows it THE RIGHT WAY I would really appreciate it.

BTW... my little machine is running very nicely using a 12v power supply (I hooked the input jack back up)... With a diode in the positive of the power supply output it is not getting any feedback spikes to ruin the power supply... and it just sits there and spins away... no problems at all. it is charging AA, AAA, and 18650 batteries just fine! I also installed a cutoff switch to make sure I can cut the whole thing off before swapping out ANY batteries... I'm tired of blowing transistors!!!

Comment

most people use the same gauge for power windings, so you would want 4 x 20awg wires with one x 23 awg for the trigger, basicly you build 4 separate circuits, one for each wire, and use the same trigger for each cicuit... make sure each circuit gets the same base resistance

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
                            most people use the same gauge for power windings, so you would want 4 x 20awg wires with one x 23 awg for the trigger, basicly you build 4 separate circuits, one for each wire, and use the same trigger for each cicuit... make sure each circuit gets the same base resistance
                            Oh No!! dangit!!! I ordered the wrong amounts of wire! this sux! I ordered 157 feet of #20 and 627 feet of #23.

I hate screwing up!

Comment

well, I'm going to have plenty of wire lol... I went ahead and ordered another 472 feet of #20 wire. I want to do it right dangit!!! Since I only get paid once a month, and that was yesterday, I'm doing it NOW before the money runs out!!!

Comment

I know its a little overboard... but I'm tired of winding coils already lol... so I bought this It should be here in a couple days...

By the way... which is better, a front wheel or a rear wheel when looking for bicycle wheels????

Last edited by Pastor Gordon; 09-26-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X