Bedini SG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Patrick

Thanks for your reply!.. not exactly sure what you mean, from what i can see and understand the circuit that John k. posted and the one I have questions about trigger the same way, are you saying that there is a better way of doing the triggering if so!, are you able to share a circuit diagram.
    I have watched several clips that you have posted in the past and have been impressed by your testing, i should stress that i am a carpenter, even though i am having heaps of fun doing this, it sometimes gets the better of me understanding circuits,fortunately I'm like a dog with a bone.

Cheers George N.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgey Nico View Post
      Hey Patrick

Thanks for your reply!.. not exactly sure what you mean, from what i can see and understand the circuit that John k. posted and the one I have questions about trigger the same way, are you saying that there is a better way of doing the triggering if so!, are you able to share a circuit diagram.
      I have watched several clips that you have posted in the past and have been impressed by your testing, i should stress that i am a carpenter, even though i am having heaps of fun doing this, it sometimes gets the better of me understanding circuits,fortunately I'm like a dog with a bone.

Cheers George N.
      Hi George,
      how many triggers do you see.

As you said: "it's "(they,the drawings, are)" vary simillar"

I'm talking about the right side, and your question was "what are the advantages and disadvantages between the two circuits."

I'm hoping you see the actual physical differences between the two. If you do, you should see that the BIG difference, as I see it and noted below, is that in the picture you posted, the negative of the cap is connected to the negative of the charge bank and the + is being connected and disconnected (triggered, switched, whatever). Another difference worth mentioning is the SCR vs bipolar...
      I hope this makes more sense.
      -KR
      Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick

I see what you mean, John k's post shows the - going to cap SCR and the + going to the batteries,
        The one i posted shows the - going to the batteries and the + going to the 3 transistors,
        If we look at the intended circuit John K's post, and see how many triggers i see, i see 2 the H11D1 and the 2N3584, I am somewhat familiar with transistors not with H11D1's and SCR's , i will endeavour to understand them better.
        Best guess because that's all it is for now!.. the cap is charged by the bridge at the same time the 555 triggers the H11D1 which switches the 2N3584 on which fires the SCR which forces the cap to dump.

George N.

PS: I do appreciate your Help.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Can someone please point me in the direction to a 3.3uf 600v cap, I'm having trouble find one in Australia!..,

Cheers,
          George N.

Comment

Hey George,

What's it for?

John K.

Comment

Hi Jonn,

It's for the Cap discharge circuit you posted at the start of this project.

Cheers,
              George N.

Comment

Hey George,

Try this one: EKMG451ELL3R3MJ16S - UNITED CHEMI-CON - CAPACITOR ALUM ELEC 3.3UF, 450V | element14 Australia

It's 3.3uF @ 450V and will do the trick nicely.

John K.

Comment

Hey John

Cheers, really appreciate the help mate!..

Have you given any though as to holding more components and different circuit boards, eg: cap dump boards,ss ssg boards, if the last board you guys put together is anything to go by I think they would sell like hot cakes, even a printed layout that one could download for a fee and then could be taken to someone to Print to a board on do it yourself, just a though!..

Cheers,

George

Comment

Hey George,

Thanks. We have some stuff in the works but making it good takes time and we have our families and day jobs too. We will probably sell just the boards as well as all the parts to stuff them with for most of the kits.

John K.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Can someone please tell me if i can use a 2 x 1UF 250v caps in parallel instead of a 1UF 600v.

George N.

Comment

if you put in parallel it`s equivalent to 2uf 250v
                        in series a litle less than 1uf but 500v

Comment

Thanks Cindi

I have my son in the last year of high school, he wonted to do the cap dump circuit as the project,
                          which is good..., it gives us chance to do it together, i have ordered the 1uf 600v cap but i will not get it time.

Cheers,
                          George N.

Comment

My first cap bump circuit,
                            my 4Ah @ 9 Ah in parallel were holding 13.20v for a little while, when i took some readings my 2 x 450v 3.3uf caps were not discharging they were sitting at 45.6v with little movement not sure why?.

my circuit is all most identical to the one at the start of this post.
                            SCR - 2N6509G
                            Cap after bridge - 3.3uf 450v
                            everything else is the same as circuit as start of post!...
                            trigger - 56 ohms

trigger -.4o SWG - 27swg i think?
                            power - .60 SWG - 23swg

Any help will be welcome

George N.

Comment

George, sounds like you cooked the SCR.

John K.

Comment

I had issues with the transistor between the opto and the SCR

Comment

Working...
                                X