No announcement yet.

The SG Radiant Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope we all understand that one does not count for the many that support. thank you for this site to help us get things right. I can see from out here in the woods that John k. and Tom C. have obviously been a great help among others.
    So in the spirit of moving forward, I am grateful for the information on the SS Tube and for getting to make a replication. Although I have never liked any of the SS stuff before and had very bad experiences with it.

I see that the coil has an amount of energy to transfer and that it can divide this energy to multiple batteries based on differences of impedance. In my testing so far the gap between two similar batteries at different states of potential is closing the gap fast. I see this as one very practical device.The practical application of this becomes quickly obvious.

I don't understand Lameller currents very well, but here is how I see what is going on. The coil has a fixed energy potential. That energy follows the path of least resistance as it exits the coil. So as a battery builds up an impedance the less impedance takes more of the energy. For example if I had 12 watts in the coil and two balanced batteries then 6 watts would go to each battery. But if the impedance is mismatched then say 4 watts to one battery and 8 to the other.
    Outback inverters came out with a balanced inverter system about 10 years ago. It was designed so that if you had two 2000watt inverters you could put one inverter on one leg, and the other inverter on the other. This was a common practice and Trace and others had a wire you would attach between them to keep in phase. But what was unique about the outback is that the inverters would put and could put all 4000 potential watts on one leg based on the demand. Not an easy thing to do. I see this as very similar.

The thing that is so mind blowing about this SS unit and being able to do this with the SSG is that is it's done with apparent simplicity. My complements, adulations, and general thanks!

So I have two questions I would like to have confirmed so I can move forward.
    1- I understood that with this method you would need a trigger strand for each power strand, is that true for the SS and the rotored SSG?
    2- Does the SS version have the same qualities as the SSG in that you cannot swap batteries?

Clarification on these two points would be extremely beneficial.

Les

Comment

Two runs today...
      Time Batt-a Batt-b diff
      10:00 12.92 13.42 0.50
      10:30 12.04 13.43 0.49
      11:05 13.08 13.48 0.40

3:50 12.98 13.45 0.47
      7:55 13.27 13.69 0.42
      8:45 13.35 13.76 0.41
      10:55 13.55 13.91 0.36

Hope this is helpful
      Les

Comment

Originally posted by LesK View Post
        I just hope we all understand that one does not count for the many that support. thank you for this site to help us get things right. I can see from out here in the woods that John k. and Tom C. have obviously been a great help among others.
        So in the spirit of moving forward, I am grateful for the information on the SS Tube and for getting to make a replication. Although I have never liked any of the SS stuff before and had very bad experiences with it.

I see that the coil has an amount of energy to transfer and that it can divide this energy to multiple batteries based on differences of impedance. In my testing so far the gap between two similar batteries at different states of potential is closing the gap fast. I see this as one very practical device.The practical application of this becomes quickly obvious.

I don't understand Lameller currents very well, but here is how I see what is going on. The coil has a fixed energy potential. That energy follows the path of least resistance as it exits the coil. So as a battery builds up an impedance the less impedance takes more of the energy. For example if I had 12 watts in the coil and two balanced batteries then 6 watts would go to each battery. But if the impedance is mismatched then say 4 watts to one battery and 8 to the other.
        Outback inverters came out with a balanced inverter system about 10 years ago. It was designed so that if you had two 2000watt inverters you could put one inverter on one leg, and the other inverter on the other. This was a common practice and Trace and others had a wire you would attach between them to keep in phase. But what was unique about the outback is that the inverters would put and could put all 4000 potential watts on one leg based on the demand. Not an easy thing to do. I see this as very similar.

The thing that is so mind blowing about this SS unit and being able to do this with the SSG is that is it's done with apparent simplicity. My complements, adulations, and general thanks!

So I have two questions I would like to have confirmed so I can move forward.
        1- I understood that with this method you would need a trigger strand for each power strand, is that true for the SS and the rotored SSG?
        2- Does the SS version have the same qualities as the SSG in that you cannot swap batteries?

Clarification on these two points would be extremely beneficial.

Les
        Les, #1 you don't need a trigger strand for each power strand for either SS or rotored version. Not sure if you've seen the videos of the rotored version I am testing. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...eel-ssg-3.html

All you need to do is run the output diode to a separate battery instead of summing them all together.

#2 I don't know the answer. I presume so, but will let John B confirm.

In the tests you are running are you using good batteries? It's interesting to see that the voltages go up and down as the impedance in the battery changes.

John K.

Comment

Les and John K,
          I assume Les's question about trigger wire comes from John's video. It appears there are two litzed trigger wires as well as two litzed power wires. It is not clear to me if the trigger wires are split or they are attached to together to one end of both base resistors. I'm not even sure I can see two base resistors, but I'm assuming they are there. So if there's only one trigger, I'd wonder why it's made of two wires, and I've been assuming it has something to do with impedance which is not something I've been able to understand yet.
          h

Comment

John K, Howard, or anyone really....Especially John B if you have the time.

I got it from the video and one of JB's posts here earlier. I cannot find the post now.
            Funny, as it was one of those things that made really good sense to me. I know that we never talk much about the interaction of the trigger strand to the coil.
            In my mind this clicked because of the two control lines on the Ferris Wheel.
            if we can break at the quarter wave (As I would suppose everyone knows, That is where the power is) then we have something new.
            So if the control lines on the Ferris wheel and the trigger wire on the SSG affect this at the quarter wave then we are hitting at the power.
            Why extend the core 1/4?
            Much Clarification on this would be appreciated.

Yes, Good batteries on the back end but the input is not so good, that's why I have been doing short runs. Also When I hook this to my power supply it goes whakkki.....

John K, I have looked at what you are doing over there, Great work as usual. Probably renders this thread done.....

Les

Comment

This relation between different batteries is indeed interesting.

I have been cycling 2 12v batteries that I thought were fairly identical. they come very close on my impedance meter, however, using this diode split, one of the two definitely takes the charge faster than the other. I've swapped the batteries just to be sure it follows the battery and is not due to the diode/transistor.

Patrick

Comment

Another experiment I did:
                charging one high impedance battery and one low impedance battery using this diode split.

battery A was charging to 13.6
                battery b was charging to 12.78
                I then paralleled a high imp. 12.10V 3rd battery C to B

battery A slowly came down to 12.89 while B&C were at 12.65

This presents to me a whole new area of experiments that can be had to possibly find the best battery for the energizer and/or tuning to the battery...

Kind Regards,
                Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
                  Les and John K,
                  I assume Les's question about trigger wire comes from John's video. It appears there are two litzed trigger wires as well as two litzed power wires. It is not clear to me if the trigger wires are split or they are attached to together to one end of both base resistors. I'm not even sure I can see two base resistors, but I'm assuming they are there. So if there's only one trigger, I'd wonder why it's made of two wires, and I've been assuming it has something to do with impedance which is not something I've been able to understand yet.
                  h
                  Les & Howard, look at the video John B posted in post #52 again. At about 1:22 into the video John says "1 trigger". Right at the end of the video you can see one of the green trigger wires connected to both of the base resistors.

There are two green wires, I'm guessing one of them is acting as a radiant antenna Haha, just kidding.

John K.

Comment

Hi all

I had to build a SS SSG charging 2 Battery's at the same time....

I have a small torrid that had a extra strand that I was using to power LED's array's with, so i used it, as it can be another power strand. this coil setup in a SS SSG mode and 1 tranny, charging 4 AA's in series, pulls 10 to 14 ma depending on the voltage it's running at, 5.3V to 4.3V..... adding the 2nd transistor and power strand did NOT make the current go up any, and now I have 2 sets of 4 AA Battery's charging at the same time, for the same current draw..... and it's pushing them both up pretty fast......

so once again I hope JB does not mind me posting a Sch....
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is how I've been doing it:

Patrick A.

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                        Hi all

I had to build a SS SSG charging 2 Battery's at the same time....

I have a small torrid that had a extra strand that I was using to power LED's array's with, so i used it, as it can be another power strand. this coil setup in a SS SSG mode and 1 tranny, charging 4 AA's in series, pulls 10 to 14 ma depending on the voltage it's running at, 5.3V to 4.3V..... adding the 2nd transistor and power strand did NOT make the current go up any, and now I have 2 sets of 4 AA Battery's charging at the same time, for the same current draw..... and it's pushing them both up pretty fast......

so once again I hope JB does not mind me posting a Sch....
                        RS, the forced trigger has the bottom of the trigger winding going to the primary positive, instead of the primary negative.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                          This is how I've been doing it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599[/ATTACH]

Patrick A.
                          Patrick, is this in solid state mode or the rotored version?

John K.

Comment

John K,
                            So if we have one trigger attaching to both resistors what is the other green wire for? I can't see clearly that it isn't both wires attached to both resistors, maybe just bad resolution or old eyes.
                            h

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Wetsman View Post
                              John K,
                              So if we have one trigger attaching to both resistors what is the other green wire for? I can't see clearly that it isn't both wires attached to both resistors, maybe just bad resolution or old eyes.
                              h
                              Howard, it's a Christmas decoration I can guess that John B wound two of them to see if both in series or parallel or just one by itself worked better Or maybe he already had the coil lying around.

@John B, care to solve the mystery of the extra green wire?

John K.

Comment

Thanks John K.

I missed named it.....
                                This circuit is based on the figure 33 self oscillator, and the Radiant Tube oscillator, and is what I think that JB is showing in the video.......

here is a updated version that shows what I changed to tweak it, and re named it........
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X