Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next week, Bedini SG - The Complete Intermediate Handbook will be released!
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Hurray!!! Can't wait. Thanks for letting us know Aaron.

Comment

• Is the book available in hard back format?

Comment

• Marine,

no it is only available as a digital download from A.P. media.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Originally posted by erwei
            Hi Aaron !
            Can you post release date of advance book ?I am very eager to want to buy the advance book , it is really great,thanks for your work !
            Thank you, it will be available in late summer or early fall.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom C View Post
              Marine,

no it is only available as a digital download from A.P. media.

Tom C
              Cheers mate. I've just downloaded it. Should provide for some interesting reading over the weekend

Comment

• I bought the The Complete Intermediate Handbook and I have some questions...

1.From the explanation given in the book I understand is not good to discharge all the energy from the capacitor in the battery...is better to have some energy left in capacitor;I not understand why? Why is not good to discharge all the energy from the capacitor?

2.Regarding the matching transistors...please let me know the tolerances that is acceptable when you try to match transistors...
                Personally I used the circuit given in the book , I put a jumper across 27 k resistor and because the reading was unstable with 100k potentiometer what I have, I used 1,5 kilo fixed resistor...because the reading of the meter going up and the transistor becomes hot, I used an cooler in the back of transistors.. so the reading was in the range of 123 ma and 250 ma ( from 30 transistors) ...I piked up the closest reading of 7 transistors and the closest reading between first and last -from this 7 transistors-was an difference of 15 ma .Please let me know from your knowledge if this is an acceptable tolerance or not...
                Thank you

Comment

• I have downloaded the zip file and cannot open it help

Comment

• I`m sorry i didn`t chek my mail with the id password so that is why i couldn`t open it
                    then i also had to actualize the adobe reader program
                    i already started reading the book it seems very good

Comment

• Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                      I bought the The Complete Intermediate Handbook and I have some questions...

1.From the explanation given in the book I understand is not good to discharge all the energy from the capacitor in the battery...is better to have some energy left in capacitor;I not understand why? Why is not good to discharge all the energy from the capacitor?

2.Regarding the matching transistors...please let me know the tolerances that is acceptable when you try to match transistors...
                      Personally I used the circuit given in the book , I put a jumper across 27 k resistor and because the reading was unstable with 100k potentiometer what I have, I used 1,5 kilo fixed resistor...because the reading of the meter going up and the transistor becomes hot, I used an cooler in the back of transistors.. so the reading was in the range of 123 ma and 250 ma ( from 30 transistors) ...I piked up the closest reading of 7 transistors and the closest reading between first and last -from this 7 transistors-was an difference of 15 ma .Please let me know from your knowledge if this is an acceptable tolerance or not...
                      Thank you
                      Did you read the section on the electret effect? That is one benefit of the cap. Also, you're still hammering the battery with a huge impulse without having to charge the cap from zero. It really is all in the book.

For the transistors, not sure why it is getting hot. Please double check the circuit. You should only have to connect the transistor and push a button for less than a second to see the reading. If out of 30 transistors you don't have 7 identical ones, then use the 7 that are most closely matched as you mentioned.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by cindi View Post
                        I`m sorry i didn`t chek my mail with the id password so that is why i couldn`t open it
                        then i also had to actualize the adobe reader program
                        i already started reading the book it seems very good
                        Hi Cindi,

Glad to hear it!
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Hi Aaron
                          I have read the intermediate sg book and built a ss ssg with 6 transistors with the modification mod of patrics ss circuit
                          i wound a multifilar coil litzed just like i saw john bedini doing in the last video but with wire that i already had from previeus buillds that was 23# and 26# so i anwound the coils i had that were (1#23 and 2 26#) and cut 130 feet times 6 and wound it .So i parallaled 2 23# for each transistor and 2 26# for the trigger
                          i also built a 555 circuit the one that comes with the transistor mj15024 but with a 220 k pot for slower time and i used the circuit of the irfp260 mosfet to dump the negative side.With the ss mod i can adjust the amp draw from 0.400 A to 2.5A i only have 4700mf cap i still don`t have the r60 lincon rods for the core because i can`t find it in Portugal. i bought a rc-2a12 charger from RC and i compare the performance from my circuit it is similar i here the battery clicking tic tic but my circuit is weaker.i only have one mosfet that heates up alot, need to buy another one and more caps Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-03 23.22.35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	45553

Comment

• My first build , some questions and additional info

Hi, I will be soon assembling my first SSG as close as possible to the beginners book. I will leave here my setup for others and I also have some questions. For people building in POLAND,CZECH REPUBLIC,SLOVAK REPUBLIC , UKRAINE , GERMANY ,HUNGARY my advice is to order from website called tme.eu (Transer Multisort Elektronik) I ordered all the parts from there i.e. mjl211914, ne-2 bulbs , 470ohm , 1n4007 , necessary wires , potentiometer.
                            Item
                            Code:
                            1W-470R                   20x     0.0338 EUR 	0.68 EUR 	
                            1W-470R-1%             20x     0.0384 EUR 	0.77 EUR 	
                            KNPA1W-470R 		10x     0.1182 EUR 	1.18 EUR 	
                            1N4007 	          	25x     0.0192 EUR 	0.48 EUR 	
                            NEON-2 		        25x     0.1129 EUR 	2.82 EUR 	
                            DNE0.70/1.00 		1 kot   24.90 EUR    	24.90 EUR 	 285meters , single coated enamelled 7x40m=280m
                            DNE0.50/0.25 		1 kot    6.70 EUR   	6.70 EUR 	 140meters , single coated enamelled 
                            DG106-1K5 		1x      4.92 EUR 	       4.92 EUR 	
                            PE.4002B                   2x      0.463 EUR        0.93 EUR 	
                            MJL21194G 		10x     2.57 EUR 	 25.70 EUR
                            Which makes roughly 75€ TOTAL
                            Magnets were quite expensive , 1.80€ per piece x 24 = 43€ + 20% TAX = approx 50€ with UPS courier

1. The book did not stated whether the magnet wire is in AWG or SWG. I assumed that it is in AWG since the book was written by people living in USA. There is a little table that can help you convert the gauges if you're wondering.

AWG - mm inches SWG mm inches
                            8 - 3.2512 0.128
                            10 - 2.5883 0.102 = 12 2.6416 0.104
                            12 - 2.0523 0.081 = 14 2.0320 0.080
                            14 - 1.6281 0.064 = 16 1.6256 0.064
                            16 - 1.2903 0.051 ~ 18 1.2192 0.048
                            18 - 1.0236 0.040 = 19 1.0160 0.040
                            19 - 0.9119 0.036 = 20 0.9144 0.036
                            20 - 0.8128 0.032 = 21 0.8128 0.032
                            21 - 0.7239 0.029 = 22 0.7112 0.028
                            22 - 0.6426 0.025 ~ 23 0.6096 0.024
                            23 - 0.5740 0.023 = 24 0.5588 0.022
                            24 - 0.5105 0.020 = 25 0.5080 0.020

2. The book says magnet wire #20 and #23 which is : AWG#20 = 0.81mm ; AWG#23 = 0.57mm. Unfortunately the only available for me was 0.7mm as for AWG#21 AND 0.5mm as for AWG#24 . I have concern about this. Could anybody advise ? Thanks

3. Magnets. I managed to get almost the exact size of the magnets according to the book. Btw ferrite ,anisotrop. eshop website[EN]
                            Me: 50 x 25 x 14 mm 85.75 g 35.2N
                            Book: 50.8 x 25.4 x 12.7 mm
                            I think this should be fine. But if there might be some config issues later, advice would be helpful.

4. Spool. There is no way I can order spools from internet here in EU. So I went to the local shop for (you call it HomeDepo or somethin) and asked for some spare spools which they were throwing into the trash anyway. But the diameter of the bore is 2.4cm/.94" which makes 0.5cm difference according to the book's 1.9cm/.75". I need advice on this one also. If the tolerance is not possible , will look into manufacturing my own spool.

Sorry for my long post

Greetings from Slovakia
                            Thank you guys.

Gabriel

EDIT 28.may.2013 - everything works , I manufactured my own spool. Will post some photos soon.
                            Last edited by gabiX87; 05-27-2013, 04:44 PM. Reason: no spaces in the table
                            my work here :
                            https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

• In my ssg setup,when running , 2 neons glowing , few just flicking and some of them not glowing at all but when I touching them with my finger they start to glow..when I remove my finger they stop to glow.Can somebody let me know why not glowing just when I touching them ?
                              I am using BUT 56A transistors because MJL transistors are very expensive for my budget...

Comment

• Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                                In my ssg setup,when running , 2 neons glowing , few just flicking and some of them not glowing at all but when I touching them with my finger they start to glow..when I remove my finger they stop to glow.Can somebody let me know why not glowing just when I touching them ?
                                I am using BUT 56A transistors because MJL transistors are very expensive for my budget...
                                your neons should NOt be glowing. either your battery wont take the charge anymore or you have something not connected. do not run your SG without your charge battery connected. they glow when you touch them because your touch allows a bit of charge to flow thru the glass lowering the resistance of the gap in the neon. there is something wrong with your charge battery, the neon is absorbing the spike, you are destroying your transistors slowly. Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X