Branch's SSG Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guyzzemf-

Yeah I made that mistake initially...I think I have that sorted out. I am seeing some increases now since I have stopped using my CBA to discharge. I am going to wait until I finish about 10 more runs before I post any data...but what I am seeing is encouraging.

All-

I have rearranged a bit. I have my stuff now setup on a table. I am using a couple Trojan T105's now as my primary, which I am using a 45 watt panel and the solar tracker to recharge when I need to. My wheel is also oriented now facing south...which I read Bobzilla mention at some point so I thought I would try it out.
    While this is all asthetic, I will have some hard data to post here in a couple weeks which I think will be encouraging to any beginners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	46316 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	46317 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	46318 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	46319 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	46320

Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
    Taking a moment to share some things as I haven't posted in awhile. I am still running my SG every day and studying it. I have experienced the same issue that some of the other beginners have experienced, where the charge battery loses capacity and eventually fails. My theory on why this has happened to me is pushing too much current to the charge battery.
    -0-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i read to fast i though you meant you killing the run bat [me bad] no coffee yet ///[[charge battery loses capacity ]]

Comment

• branch

maybe something els but positioning it south may help
      ever heard of earth rays?

im just wondering if we can tap into these things
      it is a form of radiant energy

the trick is finding them.
      i know a guy who can sniff them out. maybe worth the shot.....

something to ponder about

regards
      weasel

Comment

• I have heard of them, yes. My stepfather practices dowsing...found water on his property awhile back that way to dig a well.

Maybe an interesting experiment would be to place a solid state SG circuit over one of these spots, charging an already conditioned battery from a solar panel. Chart curves facing multiple directions, and then compare to an area outside of the area.

I think because there are so many other variables...temp, day, night, humidity, the moon, etc. it might be difficult to nail down any differences.

Originally posted by wild weasel View Post
        branch

maybe something els but positioning it south may help
        ever heard of earth rays?

im just wondering if we can tap into these things
        it is a form of radiant energy

the trick is finding them.
        i know a guy who can sniff them out. maybe worth the shot.....

something to ponder about

regards
        weasel

Comment

• if you really can nail the spot the ray rises i think its more intresting to put the charge battery on the spot rather than the machine.... ok it has to be close as well but the magic happens in the battery so i believe this has to be on the ray as well.

worth the try

i do the same here once my good machine is running
          lets do some testing

regards
          weasel

Comment

• I knew this person who said if he parked his-camper at the right spot under big power lines some of the dc stuff in camper would work
            both my ssg pointed north -south. there are a list of weird things people speak of .
            one that came up all the time is dont put it near a fuze box[breaker panel]in a house or in a car port with metal door

guy

ps not to sure about the batteries so close to wheel
            Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• guy just a snap question
              you say batterys not close to wheel.
              but to keep the wires as short as possible you have to put them close so im a bit confused here

ours are standing next to the wheel on both sides

Comment

• yes you need the right size wire i dont mean move 10 feet away, but next wheel, i would not do
                most people are lazy most wont lift batteries to table top thay get left the floor [ a good thing]
                most put too small gage wire [a bad thing] i cut up a cheap new set of wallfart jumper
                then i changed to a battery swapper made for a boat a 1. 2 or all// for run side Click image for larger version

Name:	images (17).jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	46326Click image for larger version

Name:	selector-system-175-mo.jpg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	46327

https://boatwiringstore.com/boat-wir...dard-switches/

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery-cable-group-300.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	46328
                Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-29-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• The basic idea with pointing north south is so that you are in parallel with the earth field instead of opposing it. Sure it will run no matter which way you point but it just makes sense to me to go with the grain so to speak. People are finding more and more areas of magnetic disturbance these days.

In my opinion the poles are about to do a reversal and many scientists will confirm that when it has happened in the past little north and south poles pop up all over the place where they normally could not exist because the true poles are morphing. The scientists have discovered a lot of this from looking at old lava flows. The iron is heated and when it cools it captures the field orientation that it was sitting in. Some of them have been found that indicated the field was flip flopping 180 degrees in a matter of a few days.

Comment

• Showing off my new build! This is the new 3 coil kit from Teslagenx. Just running on one coil at the moment. Very nice, everything came packaged very well. Everything fit together very tight. Wheel is smooth and quiet. Solid. 26" bike wheel, steel, with 18 magnets. 20awg power, 23awg trigger...standard coil also from Teslagenx. Running at 1 pulse. See video:

Thanks Tom C and Teslagenx for your amazing work! I highly recommend this kit to anyone looking have something really nice to experiment with.

Comment

• I'm working on rejuvenating a set of big batteries and thought I should start posting my progress here again. I'll be posting a vid for each charge/discharge cycle, and just reporting my progress. This is a 150AH battery brand new...I am getting currently less than 1AH out of it. Any suggestions/tips are welcome throughout this process. Here is the first vid for any interested:

Comment

• i just top up my batteries with distilled if they're low and charge discharge them a bunch of times in mode 1..... i ussually charge them until the voltage levels off and doesnt want to climb anymore(goal being 15.30 but that takes many cycles ussually), then i discharge it to 12-12.4 volts depending on how bad the battery is.... ussually about a 1 amp draw, although sometimes larger if the battery is bigger/better

Comment

• Wow Branch, that machine is running smooth - you can hardly hear it!

I'm interested to know how you settled on that magnet to coil gap, seems a little too much.

It will be interesting to see how well those batteries come back.

Thanks for sharing...

John K.

Comment

• Hey John...good to hear from you!

Re: coil gap...I moved the coil really far away so that it wouldn't trigger at all. I gave the wheel a good spin...and then slowly moved the coil back closer until it started triggering and took off.

I recall you stating previously in this thread that you set the coil gap for max RPM, but I've never really understood why. I've always thought it made sense to have the minimum amount of saturation...I can run 1 spike this way for about 250mA less than if I move the coil to 1/8".

Do you mind elaborating on why you set the coil gap for max RPM?

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                            Wow Branch, that machine is running smooth - you can hardly hear it!

I'm interested to know how you settled on that magnet to coil gap, seems a little too much.

It will be interesting to see how well those batteries come back.

Thanks for sharing...

John K.

Comment

• Thanks Brodie. Yeah this battery is sitting below 12.2V while resting so I have a ways to go.

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
                              i just top up my batteries with distilled if they're low and charge discharge them a bunch of times in mode 1..... i ussually charge them until the voltage levels off and doesnt want to climb anymore(goal being 15.30 but that takes many cycles ussually), then i discharge it to 12-12.4 volts depending on how bad the battery is.... ussually about a 1 amp draw, although sometimes larger if the battery is bigger/better

Comment

• Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
                                Hey John...good to hear from you!

Re: coil gap...I moved the coil really far away so that it wouldn't trigger at all. I gave the wheel a good spin...and then slowly moved the coil back closer until it started triggering and took off.

I recall you stating previously in this thread that you set the coil gap for max RPM, but I've never really understood why. I've always thought it made sense to have the minimum amount of saturation...I can run 1 spike this way for about 250mA less than if I move the coil to 1/8".

Do you mind elaborating on why you set the coil gap for max RPM?
                                The further you pull it away the less magneto effect there will be. I do think it's an interesting decision though, for attempting to rejuvenate this large bank... and if it does not seem to be working you can push it closer, see if you can blast some of that sulfation.
                                Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X