Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Julian,

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
    Thanks Gary for all that. I tend to run in Generator or Common Earth mode so the max RPM for min current is what so have been doing. Still haven’t got a battery above about 13V though . . . . .
    The battery size needs to be favorably matched to the size of the SSG. This means small batteries for a small machine with a single power winding on the main coil. I have a small SSG I started as a replication of Shawnee Baughman's little machine shown in the beginners handbook. I had trouble getting it to not blow the transistor, so changed a few things and got it working very well with a MJE3055 transistor, 2.75" diameter rotor, 1.5 x 1.75 coil, and 5.5 AH 12 volt batteries. It will easily push the charge battery over 15 volts in probably less than an hour. Here's a link to a video of it running on the battery swapper I made so you can see the relative size of the SSG in comparison to the batteries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-CvurRW5U

Gary Hammond,
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 10-18-2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Hi Gary,

Yes, I have tried using a variety of sizes from 2.5, 5, 7,16, 40, and 110Ah with every build I have made and still never got the battery over about 13V.

My present system (V5) is a 4 winding + trigger coil and 4 generator/recovery coils and is giving the best CoPs around 0.9 (total energy out/total energy in) with both the 16Ah fluid motorcycle battery and the 40Ah car battery, but still never goes above about 12.9V.

However, it seems that reaching those voltages is not a prerequisite for getting OU, but of course, it will have long-term effects on the levels of sulphation.

I will be seeing what effect making the negative lead to the battery a direct connection and not going via a connection hub. I found that made a difference on the positive lead and where lumps of metal may interfere with the surface flow of energies.

I attach a charging profile from my BD1 setup (effectively an SSG) which is with just a single power winding and a trigger winding. This reached 1.15 but I have not yet done consistency tests.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSG Curve (Direct Connection).jpg
Views:	623
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	74419

It seems that the most important factor is keeping the current down (hence my earlier query regarding adjusting it) and with this trace was at 0.26A (I recall JB saying to keep the current at this sort of level). The thing is that with more windings the current goes up proportionately, as expected, but the charging effect does not increase by the same factor. This means that in fact, a two power winding coil will likely do better overall than a 4 winding one since the supply current is lower. In fact, with my V5 with its 4 windings, I get a better result if I disconnect one of the windings. So running with 3 coils instead of 4 reduces the supply significantly but does not drop the charging by the same amount. So far with this, I have reached 0.9, but there are a lot of alternative options to test yet.

I do have to wonder if my living on top of a huge peninsula of granite, in far west Cornwall, may be affecting the local ether! As you will recall, Rodolphe, who has replicated my V4 setup using a PWM, regularly gets around 15V with a 12Ah battery. So far we haven't made sense of this situation.

Regards,

Julian
      Last edited by JulesP; 10-19-2023, 01:01 AM.
      'Consciousness came First'

Comment

• Hi Julian,

This week finally started up my Bedini SG again. Started out with some measurement with PSU at the input: Scope shots looked weird. Switched to using a battery at the input and the scope shots started to look as I remember them.

In the attachment you can find some of the scope shots. The scope shot with the PSU at the input had some resemblance with the 2nd image of the 4 scope shots you showed in our zoom call, hence the post here.

Regards,
        Rodolphe

Post nr 153 - Scope shots - 2023-12-01.pdf

Comment

• Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for the scope shots. They clearly show the double pulse as has been reported on before.

Pulse Shapes

The pulse shape with the PSU input and the MJL (that I assume you are using with the SG) is reassuringly similar to what I got and so this suggests that it is the role of the battery in SG mode that introduces the second pulse. I have not tried SG mode while I am using a PSU for fear that it might damage it since it won’t respond well to an HV pulse.

Also the ‘typical’ pulse shape that has been explored in the forum would appear to be specific to using a battery as the supply and not a PSU, and probably also Generator mode since the double pulse that SG mode seems to elicit is not showing.

In the pic below my pulses on the right, generated using a trigger coil and the MJL21194, is quite different than the typical Bedini type on the left.

Name:	Pulse Comparisons 2.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	74449

As a sideline, I am working with another to explore how to replicate the ‘traditional’ pulse shape of an SG (with a battery for supply and not a PSU) by solid-state means. This would make a build easier but it means unpicking exactly how the pulse shape derives from the various capacitances and inductances in the circuit and with the contributions from the supply battery itself, particularly on ‘radiant’ mode, to the electrostatic pulses.

Name:	Pulse comparisons.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	74450
          The collection of pulses above suggests that the ‘h’ shape is a feature of the interaction between the trigger coil and the other windings and rotor magnets. Perhaps it is this ‘h’ shape that is an indicator of the better charging rate per unit CoP compared to using a single winding coil and a PWM trigger, even though I have found both to be able to give a CoP>1.

Sniffer Coil

How does a sniffer coil compare with a Hall probe sensor for use with a scope?

Looking at the current waveform at the charging battery is of interest. Below is the waveform measured with a Hantek current probe placed around the negative wire of the charging battery. The supply current to the system is a bit under 500mA and yet, the average current at the charging battery is peaking at around 2A and let’s estimate it at also around an average of 500mA.

So despite all the recognised losses occurring in the device, we are still delivering to the charging battery a current similar to what is entering the device from the supply. This should indicate that something additional is happening to cause this and that is offsetting all the regular losses.

I will be looking at this and other CoP issues (max so far with current limiting and solid state option on V5A is just under 3) in the developmental report I will do for the forum around the end of the year.

Name:	Current Waveform with Rotor pulsing.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	74451

Meanwhile, there is a ‘developmental blog’ on some of the improvements in preparation for the research study, starting early next year, at: https://osf.io/ztfub/wiki/home/

For those who are unaware, details of the proposed research, and links to the OSF, are all presented on the 'Current Research' page of my site at kerrowenergetics.org.uk

Also, I have submitted an article to the Journal of Scientific Exploration entitled ‘Inductive Pulse Charging: What, How and Why? This lays out the historical and technical foundations for the subject. I consider it a ‘scene setter’ for those who are unfamiliar with it - i.e. most of the scientific community. If it is accepted then, as soon as I receive the online version, I can post it here and allow it to be passed around.

I will be summarising recent developments and findings in an update report around the end of this year for the forum and show the data for the various OU CoPs with both rotor-based and PWM-based measurements.

Julian

Comment

• Hi Julian,
            The signal can be a quadruple, triple, double or single shape. Depending on the base resistance and the input. I cannot get single shots with a PSU as input, but I can with a battery as input. Apart from that, both all signal I can generate in the same way regardless of PSU or battery input. Update see post #158

I write this quick post here to share a test that I did today, which is part of a whole set in which I research different parameters and their impact of the Bedini SG in Radiant mode.

What I noticed is that in the test from yesterday, I say that the h-shape signal ‘straightened-up’ quite a bit compared to the h-shapes that I shared in post #153. Also the auto scale changed from +/-200mV to +/-10V on my scope… After doing some re-testing of previous tests the only conclusion for now I can draw is that the straightening up of the signal is a result of battery conditioning!!! -> Update see post #158

Regards,
            Rodolphe

Post 155 - Test R231206 - 2023-12-04 - V1.03.pdf
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pearldragon; 12-16-2023, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Hi Rodolphe,

It is interesting that you cannot get a single pulse with a PSU as input whereas I always do. I haven’t done much testing recently using a battery as input, but which I would need to do for SG mode of nothing else. These tests are in the pipeline.

I’m not clear what the precise requirements are to get 2, 3 and 4 pulses per magnet pass with a SG or a related system.

When you get around to replicating the series coils with the v4 and PWM, you should find only one pulse/pass.

In a related issue, the use of generator coils will allow LEDs to be lit, with either a higher voltage or current output depending on the generator coil design and configuration, but from the few tests I have done in this area, using them requires extra supply current with the additional load on the rotor, and this will bring the overall CoP below one as the inductive pickup is inherently of low efficiency and there is nothing in the inductive pickup process to compensate. The only expectation would seem to be when the main coil CoP is sufficiently above 1 to compensate for the generator coil system inefficiencies as well as others in the main system.

Julian

Comment

• Hi all,

The South Koreans have recently announced and presented a new technology based on inductive flyback with a Smart AI EM generator.

Watch the video on this link:
                https://www.semp.or.kr/en

At last the practical approach of what works may finally breakdown some of the intransigent scientific attitudes around related EM theory.

I am trying to engage with them on technical discussions but they are likely to be quite tight lipped about the work.

There is some more light on the horizon!

My development update, looking in depth at current limiting measures to raise the CoP, will be posted in early January. A CoP of 3 has now been achieved in this way leading to some revised thinking on what is happening in the coils and the importance of their configuration.

Have a great Christmas.

Julian

Comment

• In regard to my post #115:

Single pulse:
                  I increased the gap between magnet and coil with increments of 12mm. When the gap increased there comes a point that the machine can go straight to single pulse without having to go through double pulse first and then adjust the resistance to get to singe pulse.
                  When I finished this last test with the 12mm gap, I switched my input battery for the PSU again to check again if it would go so single pulse and it did. So for my setup it depends on the gap if I can go with PSU at the input into single pulse. With a battery at the input it is always possible.

Strange H-shape:
                  I started a new set of tests, this time with my 30Ah batteries at input and output (instead of mu 24Ah ones I used for the first tests), also here changing the magnet coil gap from 4mm to 12mm. At some point I saw the strange H-shape again. Singe it popped out of nowhere, meaning that the in the test I did before it popped up there was a normal H-shape, I have to dismiss my previous conclusion that battery conditioning is the cause. When I did the next test the shape was normal again. As a recheck, I then went back to the setting with which the strange H-shape appeared, but now the signal was normal…

Apart from the fact that the H-shape looks weird in between the signals, it is also reversed. However strange it might sound, it no makes me think of a 2stroke engine that you start by pushing it backwards… like the machine would start in reverse…
                  I have no proper explanation why or how this happens.

Comment

• Hi Julian,

Regarding the South-Korean company: Would be nice if they break through. However, I can send you another 5 or more links of companies which claim to have free energy...: but have not seen it come to marked so far... And this particular website does not remotely live up to a standard one would expect of a professional company that would have this technology that far developed as they claim...

Regards,
                    Rodolphe
                    Last edited by pearldragon; 12-16-2023, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Hi Rodolphe,

I have also found that the coil rotor gap is very important. Too close and it impedes the rotor rpm and too far and the battery response drops off. I haven’t had the double pulse phenomenon (I think).

The ‘h’ shape is a bit of a conundrum and someone called Glenn Ramsey and I have been exploring the factors that produce and influence the ‘h’ shape using simulation software. If it is possible to emulate it then it may be possible to create a solid state version that performs as well as a rotor in terms of charging to CoP ratio. On this particular journey it will become clearer exactly what causes the ‘bump’ and how important it is in producing good performance.

The South Korean development is not in fact a new idea but I am 95% sure is a development of the Bearden MEG and the ‘Lead Out Energy Resonance Generator’ by Lawrence Tseung. He had an entry in Patrick Kelly’s manual and has a patent at:
                      https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2011143809A1/en

Some of you may recognise Tseung standing by the console and he has been working on this idea for over 15 years. Clearly big investment has allowed his team to ramp it up big time with a very modern twist. However, as you say, there is no technical information to back it up and the use of the term ‘bandwagoning’ seems an attempt to find a term for what cannot be explained within current electrical theory. The 11 new Laws they describe creating rather misrepresents the meaning of the term Law in Science.

Is the reported efficiency due more to the ac power factor not being taken into account? No doubt there will be plenty of opinions on this one.

I’m waiting to hear back from them but I’m not that hopeful of any detailed information. If I find out any more I will report it here. Let’s hope their technical skills are better than their website ones!

Julian

Comment

• Hi all,

This post details the results and findings from developments over the last 4-5 months in preparation for the first research study in early 2024.

The report offers some useful advice for those seeking to show a CoP>1 by making some straightforward changes to the supply current via modifications to the coil configuration. Some developing theory is also explained which addresses why these changes produce the results they do.

Rather than try and post all 16 pages of it here, I have listed the 12 main findings. These are mainly focused on current limiting measures, coil configurations, and CoP measurements with the highest so far at just over 3. This bulleted summary can then be explored more fully in the attached report.

Key Findings:

1. For a given coil and battery arrangement, the ‘energy influx’ is reasonably consistent within certain input energy limits, such that changes to the input current are the main cause of the changes to the derived CoP.

2. Energy influx and battery charging are not synonymous. Good battery charging rates will tend to be accompanied by lower CoPs for a given setup since the increased supply current used for higher charging rates will bring down the CoP for a relatively consistent energy influx.

3. An improvement in CoP will result in a lower charging rate due to the lower supply current and given that, for a specific set of device parameters, the energy influx is reasonably constant.

4. Fine tuning of the base resistance circuit at various points during a test run is required to maintain the minimum supply. Supply current increases with rotor rpm and so can be used as a guide to find the ‘sweet spot’. For optimum CoP regular adjustment is needed throughout a test run.

5. The response of the battery is highly dependent on its internal resistance and ‘interaction cross-section’ for the additional ‘energy influx’. That is affected mainly by the materials used, the internal design and the charge capacity.

6. An AGM battery has a lower internal resistance than a flooded battery due to its thicker plates designed to cope with ‘Stop-Start’ vehicle use.

7. Calculating the ratio of the total coil inductance L (in mH) to the AT value will give a useful ranking order and indication of whether the CoP performance will be improved with a different coil configuration.

8. Although not tested thoroughly yet, CoP is expected to have a positive temperature coefficient in that a higher battery temperature will result in a higher CoP due to the recognised effect of temperature on reversible electrochemical reactions.

9. Interlacing high-intensity ‘Cap Dump’ pulses with HV pulses does not improve the CoP due mainly to the significant increase in supply current required. While HI/CD pulses may offer some advantages in specific settings, there was no observed clear benefit in terms of CoP.

10. The ‘Assembly & Guidance Manual ‘ released in early 2023 and based around the V4 PCB using a MOSFET and a PWM module, will be re-released in 2024 since by using a reconfiguration of just three of the single-strand coils, it can demonstrate a CoP>2 even though the battery charging rate is low.

11. Scope traces only show a two-dimensional presentation (normally voltage) of a ‘multi-dimensional’ event.

12. Good battery charging and CoP measurements are aiming at very different goals, albeit technically related. To switch between the two may require significant adjustments to your setup.

- - - - - - -

This is the last development report I will be producing as attention is being re-directed to the impending research studies. For those wishing to follow them, the public viewing link is: http://osf.io/ZTFUB

Further details are also given at the end of the attached report. This may also be viewed on this OSF link: https://osf.io/tz59n

Happy New Year

Julian

Attached Files
                        Last edited by JulesP; 12-30-2023, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• Hi Jules,

Thank you for sharing your hard work.

I am just throwing this out there…

As an example if we increased the coil core and rotor length to 1 foot long and kept the diameter of your rotor to 3 inches (I think your current rotor is close to 3”) and increased the length and the cross sectional size of our conductor to match a new 1 foot long rotor with the necessary magnets to match.

Note: We will build this new coil from 10 awg wire (for example) and it will keep the same ohm value as your current power coil. The new coil will have the same ampere turns as your current coil but will be of much bigger dimensions than your existing power coil.

1) We made our rotor coils longer and the amperage draw will be the same value as our smaller coil.
                          2) The magnetic flux of our 1 foot long coil will be vastly increased over the 3/4” bore power coil.
                          3) Using a 1 foot long rotor with magnets to match will have a large increase in torque production over your 3/4” cored power coil.
                          4) Flyback energy will increase as well over your 3/4” power coil.
                          5) More magnetic attraction will take place as the rotor is attracted into the 1 foot power coil core.
                          6) Stronger magnets like neo’s will yield more shaft energy.

Im not saying you have, but often builders don’t remember to include the mechanical shaft output. With the large coil we should have more shaft rotational energy for no more current used, coupled with more flyback energy to be recovered.

As a side note the Bedini pulse motor will generate from passing the north faced magnet, on the rotor, which is additional and additive to the flyback energy, it will travel through the secondary charging diode along with the coil collapse, if the coil inductance is high enough.

The negative section of the Bedini SSG waveform will send energy back to the supply or power source. Both positive and negative waves can be seen by having your oscilloscope hooked up across the power coil when the machine is running and disconnecting the power supply and watching the scope.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4368.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	321.4 KB ID:	74616

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4371.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	582.2 KB ID:	74650

Dave Wing
                          Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-31-2023, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Here is some Adams articles from Nexus magazine if your interested.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4346.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	624.4 KB ID:	74619

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4345.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	669.1 KB ID:	74620

Name:	IMG_4387.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	731.0 KB
ID:	74652
                            Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-31-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Here is some more…

These two following articles are very interesting and offer some very good insight into the Adam’s type motor. Hope you find these two articles interesting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4351.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	564.0 KB ID:	74627
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4352.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	581.7 KB ID:	74628
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4353.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	854.6 KB ID:	74629

Name:	image_6893.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	546.8 KB
ID:	74630

Last edited by Dave Wing; 12-31-2023, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Continued…

Name:	IMG_4356.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	679.8 KB
ID:	74632

Name:	IMG_4357.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	929.0 KB
ID:	74633