Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's RPG Replication

Hi All,

Wanted to let yall know I am replicating the latest RPG design shown at the 2022 conference. I just got my 1.25" STAINLESS steel shaft (yes I brought a magnet with me!). I have a 3d Printer big enough to print a mold for an 11" rotor and accompanying stator case. I understand I'm using fast mosfets and the new diodes (I am currenty using the diodes on a small 4 coil sg build and they work great). All the magnets on Mike's rotor are south facing out which leads be to belive this is not a Bedini-Cole switch config like it is with the ZFM? I'm going to start with a single mosfet driver and blow that up then go from there.......unless it is a case where the RPG actually runs in a combined push and pull situation?

Forgot to add, wondering what ppl think of using plaster of paris instead of epoxy for the rotor? (Budget considerations)

Comment

leaning now more toward concrete for the rotor and will be using igbt for the driver device, building a smaller test rotor will update more in a week or two

Comment

Joe, have you watched all of Mike's presentations?

Both plaster and concrete would be accidents waiting to happen - only use the epoxy.

Can you post pics of what you have done so far?
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hey Aaron,

I have watched so far:

Paul's "They Are All The Same Sg vs. RPG"
          Mike's "Reactive Power Generator - Part 4"
          Mike's "Trials & Triumphs of The Reactive Power Motor Generator"

My wording above is a bit undescript. I was thinking of the 3d printed mold being part of the rotor to help keep the thing together. Basically a 3d printed shell, 1/2 on inch thick filled with plaster or epoxy.

So far I just have the 1.25 stainless axel

Comment

Working...
          X