Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Maybe I should say Hi Myself,

Got my rather large window motor running with one 350T coil of 3 strand #22 gage wire, full B/C cct, 36v with halls on 12v only.

Connot not stop the machine with both hands squeezing as hard as I can on the 17mmD shaft.

Passed the first test.

Thanks bro d, your welcome bro d.
    Last edited by brodonh; 09-06-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Don, I had a window motor rotor made and showed it to John, he said to me no neo's so I would stick with ceramics..... the fields are to big and powerful with neo's. see how big the rotor is with those big ceramics in the video? and look how close the coils are to the field. you want the edge of the magnetic field ( use a screwdriver to feel for the edge of the field) to be just bisecting the outside edge of the coil. with my window motor rotor I made with neo mags. the field was 9 inches from the magnet face.... a real waste of money!! had to toss it as I glued them into a steel rotor with 3500 psi epoxy..... so yea its in a wood box on the floor with a shorting plate around it far away from steel. it grabs screwdrivers from a foot away Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Tom c,

Is it similar to Bedini's Patent on the Permenent Electromagnetic Motor-generator, which has a similar Bipolar-Hall Switching..?
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Ceramic mags only for WM

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          Don, I had a window motor rotor made and showed it to John, he said to me no neo's so I would stick with ceramics..... the fields are to big and powerful with neo's. see how big the rotor is with those big ceramics in the video? and look how close the coils are to the field. you want the edge of the magnetic field ( use a screwdriver to feel for the edge of the field) to be just bisecting the outside edge of the coil. with my window motor rotor I made with neo mags. the field was 9 inches from the magnet face.... a real waste of money!! had to toss it as I glued them into a steel rotor with 3500 psi epoxy..... so yea its in a wood box on the floor with a shorting plate around it far away from steel. it grabs screwdrivers from a foot away Tom C
          Hi Tom,
          I've got a lot of used #22 wire so I'm going to wind the other two coils and see what it does.
          Type 2 rotor if you remember is a "spread SP"

Also I'm wondering if one could size the spread of the neo's and have a desirable mag field.

The low RPM torque on these should turn an Axial Flux Alternator with relatively, very low input power.

How would ceramic mags do when trying to build a 3hp, low rpm (400rpm, hi torque) motor, for example?

Got to have some "revi from the HS so I can stop chasing the wind with JB stuff.

bro d

Comment

I have never built a hi rpm hi torque WM..... there must be a "nul" between magnet segments so the coils can truly switch.... I am not certain how the field lines are suppost to interact on the rotor, but a very strong magnet requires a lot of push from the coil. when i shorted my coil you could not turn it at all, the electromagnet created by the induced voltage in the winding locked the rotor.

Tom C

Comment

the full bipolar switch has been on johns website for years..... MOTOR DIAGRAMS AND LAB NOTES

Comment

Hi All,

I've been working at scaling up my small neo window motor because it has impressive torque.

I havn't had the desired success.

Tried many larger setups but none have shown the effectiveness of the small one.

Will continue.

Bro d

Comment

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
                  Hi All,

I've been working at scaling up my small neo window motor because it has impressive torque.

I havn't had the desired success.

Tried many larger setups but none have shown the effectiveness of the small one.

Will continue.

Bro d
                  Hi All,
                  Been working with my large WM and decided to go with one coil and condense it rather than spread it out to fill the type 2 rotor mag gaps. It now runs at 36v 100ma, no load. Decent torque when loaded and the amps go to 1.5 under heavy load.

Have 1 x 1 x 4 C-8 Mags to make another WM and see how they do. Will report.

bro d

Comment

ren hi
                    i have a window motor with 3 coils of 8 strands (wires) each . I am using 10ohm base resistors and i use one trigger wire . i want ot switch to hall effect but i am not familiar with the connections. i run the motor only with the the north magnets that is half the system. i will use one trigger wire and two transistors 21193,21194 and a 8599 and the 470ohm resistor on only one wire !!! what about the 10ohm resistors on the rest of the wires.
                    i am confused with the connections
                    thanks

Comment

john hi
                      can you help with the hall efect connections on my window motor. i have three coil of 8 strands each. what do i have to do!
                      i will use the one wire from the one coil as trigger drive coil and add the transistors like the sequentual bipolar switch diagram. is that correct?
                      i wont have to use my 10ohm base resistors? that i have on my coil?
                      please reply

Comment

Working...
                      X