• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10A12 Charger & Rejuvenator

10A12 Battery Charger
    10 Amps, 12 Volts

* NEW *

Like the 2A12 but with 5 times the power!

The 10A12 delivers a fast, but remarkably powerful and revitalizing charge. Can easily restore a vehicles cranking power to start the engine.

• Easy-to-read LED status displays state of charge.

• Lightweight and very portable.

• See owner’s manual for more details.

• Physical - 6"W x 5"H x 8"D - Approx.. 10 lbs.

• *1 Year Warranty

GET YOUR OWN 10A12 ENERGENX CHARGER & REJUVENATOR: ENERGENX 10A12

Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Hi,

I just got one of these and I want to use it to charge the primary battery for my monopole. I know you can't use a radiant charged battery as the primary, but is a battery charged by this charger radiant charged or is it conventional charged? What I'm really asking is if it's ok to charge up my monopole primary battery with this charger.

thanks,

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

It is not a conventional charge but John did design it to charge batteries so that they will still be compatible with conventional chargers. It is an excellent charger to use to charge your primary battery.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

hi. i have a question: can this chargers be used for other types of batteries? i am specifically looking at lifepo4 batteries. i have an ebike and i am interested to use radiant energy as means of charging. is it possible? my battery is a 48v. i know this charger would charge at 12v only. i just need to know if it would work with dry batteries aswell? thank you

Comment

Hi,

Would the 10A12 work well charging a pair of 6 volt golf cart batts?

bro d

Comment

Originally posted by adrianjustmee View Post
            hi. i have a question: can this chargers be used for other types of batteries? i am specifically looking at lifepo4 batteries. i have an ebike and i am interested to use radiant energy as means of charging. is it possible? my battery is a 48v. i know this charger would charge at 12v only. i just need to know if it would work with dry batteries aswell? thank you
            These chargers are not for lithium batteries. There is a risk of fire, damaged electronics inside lithium batteries, etc...

What do you mean dry batteries? It works on gels, nicad and nickel metal hydrides.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
              Hi,

Would the 10A12 work well charging a pair of 6 volt golf cart batts?

bro d
              It could but I would make sure both batteries are very closely matched in their condition.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Clarification about features of current model

Can a representative for Energenx please clarify the features of this charger as of December 2014 for the benefit of potential and existing customers.

I have been advised that this model is now a Pure DC Linear Amp design, meaning it does not pulse charge. My understanding is that this good for new lead acid batteries and LiFePO4. But what about rejuvenating sulphated lead acid batteries?

Regards

James
                Last edited by jelloir; 12-23-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelloir View Post
                  Can a representative for Energenx please clarify the features of this charger as of December 2014 for the benefit of potential and existing customers.

I have been advised that this model is now a Pure DC Linear Amp design, meaning it does not pulse charge. My understanding is that this good for new lead acid batteries and LiFePO4. But what about rejuvenating sulphated lead acid batteries?

Regards

James
                  Hi James,

The 10A12 is the linear regulator so does not pulse. It can rejuvenate batteries great but is intended to mostly be a charger. If you do multiple charge/discharge cycles, it will work wonders because it gets the batteries to the proper voltages to get the final layers of sulphation off.

The 10A12 is not meant for lifepo4 batteries because it pushes it .2-.4 volts too high - those need to be capped at 14.8v.

Email us at the email on the banner in my signature and Jeff will respond with details. John probably won't be back at the shop until Jan 2nd or so.

Take care,
                  Aaron
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Would you expect similar results to the previous pulse charge model, even if it took a few more cycles? Possibly a hard question to answer because all batteries behave differently.

Or is time and money be better spent building an SSG for battery rejuvenation?

If I can offer some advise for both Teslachargers and Teslagenx that you consider changing the wording on your websites about this charger, the "5 times more power" association made with the 2A12 gives the impression the 10A12 is also a pulse charge model, at least it did for me... not to mention the manual still explicitly states this. My own interpretation was that the 10A12 was a linear amp/pulse combination unit, this is what I currently thought the 2A12 is but now I'm not sure.

Thanks

James

Comment

James,

We have updated our website to reflect the linear amplifier construction of the 10A12. 5X more power refers to the amp output capacity 2amp VS 10 amp, not necessarily the style of charging. Although this can seem confusing, we hope the new verbiage of the webpage will solve this issue. We do not supply the manuals with the chargers but will specifically ask Energenx to update their manuals.

A severely sulphated battery may or may not respond to a higher finish voltage. on some models of other brands of chargers you will see an "equalize" switch which moves the finish voltage higher only for one charge cycle. Steady charging over many cycles to a higher finish voltage will remove light sulphation, a heavily sulphated battery will just heat up. that has been my experience on large deep cycle batteries. A few cycles on an SG will tell you if the battery can be restored.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                      X