Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Tracker Fan Stopped

Hi,

I have been using a ST 20amp for over 6 months hooked up to one 24V panel without any issues. comes on right before daybreak and keeps on charging right till dusk. A few days ago the fan just stopped. The lights on the front panel are still illuminated. I tried contacting vendor where i purchased it , but no response so far... Wondering if anyone experienced the same problem and if the unit performance is affected by the fan not working?

Donato.

Originally posted by 888spo View Post
    Hi,

I have been using a ST 20amp for over 6 months hooked up to one 24V panel without any issues. comes on right before daybreak and keeps on charging right till dusk. A few days ago the fan just stopped. The lights on the front panel are still illuminated. I tried contacting vendor where i purchased it , but no response so far... Wondering if anyone experienced the same problem and if the unit performance is affected by the fan not working?

Donato.
    Hi Donato,

If you purchased this through Tesla Chargers, please send us an email with these details to the email for customer service in the graphic below.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Aaron,

I purchased the unit via Renaissance Charge, would you know if they are in operation and remain licensed to service these units?

Tks. D./

Comment

Aaron,

I purchased the unit via Renaissance Charge, would you know if they are in operation and remain licensed to service these units?

Tks. D./
        In this case, I would contact EnergenX the manufacturer directly and explain your situation. Tesla Chargers has helped other distributor's customers when they couldn't get help elsewhere, but we don't have anything to do with other distributor's product returns, etc...

You can find their contact info here: Energenx, Inc.

I would do it ASAP because they're about to go on Winter break soon and won't be back until the first week of January.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

.... comes on right before daybreak and keeps on charging right till dusk. .......
          I thought that the Solar Tracker charger is able to charge batteries at night as well, this is what John Bedini was saying the Solar Trackers are able to do. Was Bedini exaggerating or there is something I missed? I remember he mentioned that 'it didn't matter what kind of solar panel you have, what mattered was how the unit was able to interpret the charge from the solar panel and either send it to a battery or not'.
          Then why does Solar Tracker stop charging at dusk when Bedini said it can charge at night as well?

Comment

[QUOTE=tesla;6888]I thought that the Solar Tracker charger is able to charge batteries at night as well, this is what John Bedini was saying the Solar Trackers are able to do. Was Bedini exaggerating or there is something I missed? I remember he mentioned that 'it didn't matter what kind of solar panel you have, what mattered was how the unit was able to interpret the charge from the solar panel and either send it to a battery or not'.
            Then why does Solar Tracker stop charging at dusk when Bedini said it can charge at night as well?[/QUOTE

the context of that was that if there was enough moonlight it can energise the tracker. no solar panel can provide power without light. the threshold voltage on the tracker enabling it to charge is much lower than an mppt charger. it is a matter of the amount of light being reflected by the sun. most solar panels also respond to infrared light to some degree.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thank you, that explains, I guess that was proven in practice then? And in practice should a Solar Tracker charge batteries during the winter when the street lights at night bounce off snow and hit a solar panel?

Comment

Originally posted by tesla View Post
                Thank you, that explains, I guess that was proven in practice then? And in practice should a Solar Tracker charge batteries during the winter when the street lights at night bounce off snow and hit a solar panel?
                yes I have seen a tracker run off moonlight if that is what you are asking. cloudless night full moon, cold night. it was charging the batteries of someones OTG house. if the solar panel can provide enough voltage and current to run the circuit it will. the tracker is not magic..... it is just very efficient. it can pull power when mppt's turn off.

Tom C

Comment

I have a Solar Tracker charger 24 volt on our RV with 400 watts of panel, I have had it charging with full moon overhead. I though something was wrong with my charger because the lights were on and the sun wasn't up yet, but when I checked it out it was charging.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                    I have a Solar Tracker charger 24 volt on our RV with 400 watts of panel, I have had it charging with full moon overhead. I though something was wrong with my charger because the lights were on and the sun wasn't up yet, but when I checked it out it was charging.

Jack
                    Thanks for the input Jack.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                    X