Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repairing a 30A12 battery charger

Hi guys and gals,

I have had a 30A12 for about 7 years. It has served my well but while trying to rejuvenate some 400ah batteries recently the charger stopped charging. It found that diode bridge that converts the output to DC has probably given in. It is a fairly heavy one, from Sirectifier, model S1PDB174N12. It is a 174A continuous forward current unit that is very hard to find in Europe. the datasheet can be found here. This bridge has quite high surge currents capabilities and because of that I have not been daring to select another one that may work.

I am wondering if folks here may be able to help me out sourcing this or similar diode bridge.Since energenx is not available any more I am asking for help here.

Thanks for looking

Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Hi guys and gals,

I have had a 30A12 for about 7 years. It has served my well but while trying to rejuvenate some 400ah batteries recently the charger stopped charging. It found that diode bridge that converts the output to DC has probably given in. It is a fairly heavy one, from Sirectifier, model S1PDB174N12. It is a 174A continuous forward current unit that is very hard to find in Europe. the datasheet can be found here. This bridge has quite high surge currents capabilities and because of that I have not been daring to select another one that may work.

I am wondering if folks here may be able to help me out sourcing this or similar diode bridge.Since energenx is not available any more I am asking for help here.

Thanks for looking
    Hi,
    You can always replace it with an equivalent FWBR, try the below ones. http://www.sirectifier.net/uploadfil...4729242924.pdf
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Faraday,

yes indeed, but it seems that only Sirectifier makes these and this brand is very hard to find in Europe. Since I need to move forward with this battery pack I did find an american supplier that has the exact replacement so I went ahead and ordered that. For $100 I hope to be back in business.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Hi Faraday,

yes indeed, but it seems that only Sirectifier makes these and this brand is very hard to find in Europe. Since I need to move forward with this battery pack I did find an american supplier that has the exact replacement so I went ahead and ordered that. For $100 I hope to be back in business.

Thanks
        Cheers
        Faraday88
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
        X