Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery swapper experience ? (my side project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery swapper experience ? (my side project)

Hi all!

I would like to know which is the best tool for battery swapper:
    rectifier DC - AC
    pulse charge from capacitor discharge and charge circuit
    programmable relay ( very complicated?)

This is my side project on SSG, main SSG goal is to charge one battery correctly.

Thanks in advance!

"The Daftman" has posted some schematics for battery swappers, http://www.daftman.000a.biz/images/B...outwithLED.pdf as well as some videos theDaftman - YouTube. His workshop burnt down at the start of last year so I am not sure how available he is for questions

Comment

Battery Swappers are nothing new. All the electronic magazines the world over have published a great many designs for battery swappers already - especially in the last 20 years. Each of them have very good free online archives for you to search, but some you need to pay for. I have composed a huge database of every project published by many of these magazines the world over since they started. It's in Excel format & is organized by category. It would be a good idea to read the articles on each of these & see which technique suits your application the best. The programable relay option need not be complicated; you can make a very simple design using analogue principles instead of PICs & so on.

Comment

Some progress on my site, i wrote a simplified simulation program of battery swapping.
        What i looking for is a programmable relay which can monitor voltage for up to 4 battery's and do auto switching between SSG and conventional charger (rectifier bridge)
        Why i need a switch between conventional charger and SSG , well i can't charge battery's which were previously charged by SSG so in my scheme i always keep separated two battery's which should be charge conventionally by not conventional charged battery's.
        So does anybody know such relay or which parts i must get to obtain such functionality?

Comment

Hi BEDINSSGUKRAINE,

If you want to use a PIC based batteryswapper, you should look at the design of "monsieur Bonheure".You can find him on Peswiki under this name and all the details.His design is based on an Olimex Development Board, which you directly can buy at Olimex in Bulgaria.This board has four small programmable relais which can handle 15 Amps at 24 Volts, which is'nt enough in your situation I think.Therefore you can use a relais which can handle more Amps controlled by the small relais on the board programmed through the PIC 16F648A in this case.This big relais you can buy in Germany at a low price, they can handle 100 Amps continiously at 12 Volts and even 180 Amps for three seconds, look for NAGARES

Comment

Sorry BEDINSSGUKRAINE,

Look for: batteryswapper, monsieur Bonheur, will work fine.

Kind Regards, Dutchswitch.

Comment

Working...
            X