Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waveforms and correct tuning 5 filar superpole

Hi all,
    After making a couple of toy monopoles this is my first serious build inspired by John Koorn's superpole.

Specs as follows.
    27' Bikewheel
    20 superpoles
    150ft 1mm wire all at 1.3Ohm
    4 MJL21194's at Hfe 48
    Matched diodes and resistors.
    Resistors currently at 200 Ohm plus a 22 Ohm resistor and a 500mA bulb connected to the trigger coil.

I haven't been game to unhook the secondary battery to look at the raw signal after incinerating my last probe.
    But connected up this is what I get.
    See attached photo's with description.
    What is concerning is the minimal signal on the "combined" collector post diodes heading toward the secondary battery.

Can others conform that the waveforms seen here are normal? Is it untuned or any other noticable problem.
    Of interest when I tuned based on a single transistor I needed about 100Ohm just to be certain it wouldn't run down and stop at that point drawing 200mA.
    With all 4 connected it took off and started drawing about 1.5A which is obviously more than the 200mA each!
    I noted John Bedini's comment on JK's superpole and he suggested it should run at 220Ohm, which is what I have. 200Ohm on each branch and 22 Ohm on the combined wire to the trigger.

I'd appreciate any comments positive or negative! I just want to learn and get this spot on!!!
    All help appreciated.

Thanks
    James
    Click image for larger version

Name:	22Ohmbulb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	50887Click image for larger version

Name:	150ft5filarsuper.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	50888Click image for larger version

Name:	Base.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	50889Click image for larger version

Name:	Collpost diode.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	50891Click image for larger version

Name:	Collector.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	50890.

Hi James,

Nice build! I would wrap 2 or 3 turns of strapping tape around the magnets. The wave forms look good. Time to start testing

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by James Milner View Post
      Hi all,
      After making a couple of toy monopoles this is my first serious build inspired by John Koorn's superpole.

Specs as follows.
      27' Bikewheel
      20 superpoles
      150ft 1mm wire all at 1.3Ohm
      4 MJL21194's at Hfe 48
      Matched diodes and resistors.
      Resistors currently at 200 Ohm plus a 22 Ohm resistor and a 500mA bulb connected to the trigger coil.

I haven't been game to unhook the secondary battery to look at the raw signal after incinerating my last probe.
      But connected up this is what I get.
      See attached photo's with description.
      What is concerning is the minimal signal on the "combined" collector post diodes heading toward the secondary battery.

Can others conform that the waveforms seen here are normal? Is it untuned or any other noticable problem.
      Of interest when I tuned based on a single transistor I needed about 100Ohm just to be certain it wouldn't run down and stop at that point drawing 200mA.
      With all 4 connected it took off and started drawing about 1.5A which is obviously more than the 200mA each!
      I noted John Bedini's comment on JK's superpole and he suggested it should run at 220Ohm, which is what I have. 200Ohm on each branch and 22 Ohm on the combined wire to the trigger.

I'd appreciate any comments positive or negative! I just want to learn and get this spot on!!!
      All help appreciated.

Thanks
      James
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1090[/ATTACH].
      you want 220 ohm on each base.
      Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

Working...
        X