Building an SG by the end of this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi JRHKF

Generally speaking, you are safe running 1 watt base resistors...hope that helps...
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

I bought two models of transistors for my SG project: MJL21193 and MJL21194. Each is roughly square, with three prongs on one of its four sides. I presume that one prong is the base, one is the collector, and one is the emitter. My biggest question regarding my SG project right now is, how do I tell which prong is which? Btw, what are the differences between said two models of transistor? Does one have any advantages/disadvantages over the other?

Comment

Originally posted by JRHKF View Post
        I bought two models of transistors for my SG project: MJL21193 and MJL21194. Each is roughly square, with three prongs on one of its four sides. I presume that one prong is the base, one is the collector, and one is the emitter. My biggest question regarding my SG project right now is, how do I tell which prong is which? Btw, what are the differences between said two models of transistor? Does one have any advantages/disadvantages over the other?
        In Google - type in the part number and the word diagram - in images, you will see the answer.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Thank you, Aaron Murakami. Btw, you, Aaron, told me to use NPN transistors; turns out, MJL21193 are PNP and MJL21194 are NPN.[1] (Since you prescribed NPN and recommended MJL21194, I at first assumed that MJL21193 are PNP and MJL21194 are both NPN.) Why does the SG require NPN? Also, where, if at all, will I have use for PNP's such as MJL21193?

[1] http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Colla...MJL21193-D.PDF "MJL21193(PNP), MJL21194(NPN): Silicon Power Transistors"

Comment

Thank you, Aaron Murakami. Btw, you, Aaron, told me to use NPN transistors; turns out, MJL21193 are PNP and MJL21194 are NPN.[1] (Since you prescribed NPN and recommended MJL21194, I at first assumed that MJL21193 are PNP and MJL21194 are both NPN.) Why does the SG require NPN? Also, where, if at all, will I have use for PNP's such as MJL21193?

[1] http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Colla...MJL21193-D.PDF "MJL21193(PNP), MJL21194(NPN): Silicon Power Transistors"
            You don't need the pnp, just the npn mjl21194. You only need one if you have 1 power winding. Just get a single power winding and single trigger wire version running so you can have something that works that you can study.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Btw, I suggest that the magnets on the flywheel of an SG or suchlike be called something other than "monopoles", else it sounds like you're talking about true magnetic monopoles (something with magnetic charge). While there are electric charges in the form of electrons and protons, no object seems to have magnetic charge. The term "monopole" to describe the magnets confused me for a long time. When I read Energy from the Vacuum by Tom Bearden last summer, I think Bearden said magnetic monopoles (in the sense of something with magnetic charge) were real, but now I think he may have been referring to the "monopole" magnets on the Bedini motors. I could re-read Energy from the Vacuum, but I lost my copy of the book, and can't currently afford a new one. Even then, there might confusion as to which kind of monopole Bearden is referring to. I could call Bearden, as I've done more times than I can count, but Bearden has lost so much of his memory that I don't think he could give me a good answer.

Comment

Btw, I suggest that the magnets on the flywheel of an SG or suchlike be called something other than "monopoles", else it sounds like you're talking about true magnetic monopoles (something with magnetic charge). While there are electric charges in the form of electrons and protons, no object seems to have magnetic charge. The term "monopole" to describe the magnets confused me for a long time. When I read Energy from the Vacuum by Tom Bearden last summer, I think Bearden said magnetic monopoles (in the sense of something with magnetic charge) were real, but now I think he may have been referring to the "monopole" magnets on the Bedini motors. I could re-read Energy from the Vacuum, but I lost my copy of the book, and can't currently afford a new one. Even then, there might confusion as to which kind of monopole Bearden is referring to. I could call Bearden, as I've done more times than I can count, but Bearden has lost so much of his memory that I don't think he could give me a good answer.
                Hi,
                Magnetic Filed is in its true nature is Monopole, like wise Electric Field is Dipolar in nature..
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Best regards Hello friends, you know I need your help to understand what happened with my energizer.
                  The other day I put the battery start alrrededor 12.5 Volts Battery charging and was at 10.47 volts and happened all neons encendieros with an intense white light and a probeniente wire coil (one of 7 filaments ) jump a spark of about one cm, and began to smoke think it was a diode'm not sure which it was.
                  Then disassemble the circuit and I've checked piece by piece to find the flaw, but all components are apparently intact.

In advance thank you very much for your time and help

Best Regards friends

Comment

Originally posted by Triste Figura View Post
                    Best regards Hello friends, you know I need your help to understand what happened with my energizer.
                    The other day I put the battery start alrrededor 12.5 Volts Battery charging and was at 10.47 volts and happened all neons encendieros with an intense white light and a probeniente wire coil (one of 7 filaments ) jump a spark of about one cm, and began to smoke think it was a diode'm not sure which it was.
                    Then disassemble the circuit and I've checked piece by piece to find the flaw, but all components are apparently intact.

In advance thank you very much for your time and help

Best Regards friends
                    Hi Triste --

Assuming that all connections were hooked up correctly and I understand what you are saying. The Energizer was
                    running fine and charging fine then all neons lit up and depending on how long the Energizer ran in that mode it could
                    burn up transistors and other semiconductors in the Energizer circuit. I have a few questions for you?

1) Was this the same battery you had been using all along?
                    2) Was this a new battery someone gave you to charge up?
                    3) Do you have an adjustable 1K resistor installed in series with your trigger wire?

If this was the same battery you were always charging then I would have to assume the internal resistance
                    in that battery changed suddenly causing all the neons to light up. The neons are there to protect the transistors
                    for a short period of time but will not protect them for minutes of running in this mode.

If this was a new unknown battery being charged then it may of had a shorted cell or the internal resistance
                    changed suddenly.

Having a 1K pot in series with the trigger wire can help in adjusting the resistance of the Energizer circuit to
                    account for different internal resistances of batteries. The problem with this is you need to be there watching
                    a new battery being charged so you can be there to adjust the 1K pot trigger resistance till the neons turn off.

Regards,

-- James

Comment

Hello friend James, you know change the battery charge on the other. You know he had thought about the possibility that the internal resistance of the battery is different and for this reason certain amount of energy is reflected to the circuit, causing these phenomena.
                      But then every time you load a battery difente must then be considered internal rresistencia charge the battery?
                      As I can verify this (Is it dependinte voltage battery charging, then I must conclude that I can not pass a certain limit voltage battery charging?

Comment

On the other hand Jaimes friend, I have not even the 1K resistor connected adjustable installed.
                        But you know my friend, I am inclined to think the impedance of different value on drums and you know I think you're right about the shorted cell as this battery've undergone downloads too fast (deep discharge in a short time).

Comment

Working...
                        X