Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help with my sg setup

hi all

i build my first sg machine and everything look fine,but my oscilloscope(hantek 6022be) peak to peak voltage seems to be to low.
    my coil have 8 wire 160'ft long twisted together,7 wire is 20 awg and 1 wire is 23 avg,welding rod core.
    i used 26' bicycle wheel as rotor with 23 ceramic magnet 40x20x10mm,my circuit has 7 mjl2114 transistor,470 ohm 1w resistor and diode is 1n4007 and using 1k 3w pot. for testing.
    for now i'm using atx pc power supply for input source,and charging 12v 45ah car battery.
    i set my current draw at 1amp,rotor speed is around 270 rpm 104hz
    so my question is,is my peak to peak voltage to low (51.5v),and if is,why???what i'm doing wrong???
    i put some picture...
    sorry for my english i'm fro croatia..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sergejfa; 05-30-2014, 05:53 AM.

Hi sergejfa,

I'm am a beginner to this myself, however I have seen it stated numerous times from various people and from John Bedini himself that you need to build the machine to spec. So based on what information you have provided your coil wires are too long, you have too many magnets on the wheel and are using the wrong type of magnet. Not sure about the 1k, 3w pot, typically in attraction mode a 10W 12ohm resistor is what's needed.

wire length should be 130 feet, magnets are 47.6x22.2x9.5mm (from Teslagenx) and 21 mounted on the wheel.

Having said that the experts here may be able to help you tweak it.
    Last edited by jelloir; 05-30-2014, 05:02 AM. Reason: edited magnet dimensions

Comment

hi jelloir
      thanks for your fast reply,as i sad earlier i'm from croatia,and i can't find the exact size of magnet here(croatia),i will try looking for...thx

Comment

I think everything looks pretty good so far judging from your scope.

your charge battery is keeping the spike low on the scope.
        just looking at the wave form the magnets could be spaced a little further apart, but I wouldn't worry about that now. do some charging as is, try and tune a little closer to 2 spikes, not at two spikes, just closer until you see that trace after the current dip down leading to a hump from the ringing and next magnet...
        look at about 2:00

you can do more to optimize as is being suggested, but for now, take it slow get to know the machine study what is happening it's looking very good. do some charging and see where it is.
        Nice work!
        Kind Regards,
        Patrick

Originally posted by sergejfa View Post
        hi all

i build my first sg machine and everything look fine,but my oscilloscope(hantek 6022be) peak to peak voltage seems to be to low.
        my coil have 8 wire 160'ft long twisted together,7 wire is 20 awg and 1 wire is 23 avg,welding rod core.
        i used 26' bicycle wheel as rotor with 23 ceramic magnet 40x20x10mm,my circuit has 7 mjl2114 transistor,470 ohm 1w resistor and diode is 1n4007 and using 1k 3w pot. for testing.
        for now i'm using atx pc power supply for input source,and charging 12v 45ah car battery.
        i set my current draw at 1amp,rotor speed is around 270 rpm 104hz
        so my question is,is my peak to peak voltage to low (51.5v),and if is,why???what i'm doing wrong???
        i put some picture...
        sorry for my english i'm fro croatia..

Comment

hi min2oly
          i'm glad to hear that,means all the hard work paid off,i know there is still a lot of work to do to improve my machine,but worth the effort
          i will try your advice tomorrow..
          thx

Comment

Thats a neat build. I think one way you can get a higher voltage spike is if you slightly raise the input power. Have you tried that? Say 1.5 amps input.

Comment

Hi quigon
              yes i did,but the voltage spike stay the same...

Comment

sergejfa in pic 2 it looks like some or all the ne2 bulbs are on .if thay are coming on// the charge is not hook up .somthing wrong
                \if i am wrong then forget what i said .if thay only come on when the charge battery is disconnected good
                what pat said about the charge
                your charge battery is keeping the spike low on the scope.
                i dont have a scope but to see the spike the charge battery needs to be disconnected , dont run like this long a few seconds [an open on charge side] it will kill the transistor

you will be ask for some more info evantally
                why not now
                no not yet but after you fix coil 130 feet easy fix wack off 30 feet /space magnets lose a few 20 -21 is good //not easy but better now
                wile the coil out getting shortened and you have just the wheel in stand with right no. magnets . spin wheel by hand /you want to see how long it will spin 8 -10 min good 4min or less not good
                470 ohm a 270 rpm sounds good/ the magnets size must be close i cant do mm in my head

Comment

when you do spin test the wheel rocks as it come to a stop balance so it dose not rock
                  guy
                  the way you are set up will run @work but it easyer to help if we are all near the same
                  Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-31-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

hi min2oly,
                    i did as you recommended,now my crrent drow is 0.5 amp and my rotor speed up at 330rpm...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	php6kWAIwAM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	46334
                    could you be so kind and tell me your opinion about that thank you

Comment

Hi Sergejfa,
                      can you share your data on the runs?
                      have you measured the input, run for an hour, then put the same load on the charging battery for 1 hour.
                      So, if you have .5A from primary, put a .5 amp load on the charging battery after it has been charged for that 1 hour.
                      I've been doing the same on my build here:

I hope this makes sense - Do this a few times and see if your resting voltages rise or fall... Report back.
                      If you're itching to do some more tuning - do as Guy recommends. I would love to see you do some runs as is and then compare the before and after. It's your time though.
                      Thanks for sharing your stuff.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Patrick

Originally posted by sergejfa View Post
                      hi min2oly,
                      i did as you recommended,now my crrent drow is 0.5 amp and my rotor speed up at 330rpm...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3504[/ATTACH]
                      could you be so kind and tell me your opinion about that thank you

Comment

hi
                        i will,as soon as i get time,because I am very busy at work now...
                        thx a lot for your help,I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                        X