i have a question about this diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question about this diagram

i have build the SG with compacitor discharge with this diagram , and it's working right now , but where should i put a LED in series in the circuit ?
    i tried to connect pin2 of H11D1 to ground,the LED is always on , i measured the voltage with a multimeter , the voltage circulates between 10.23v - 12.15v
    so ,of course the LED will always be on , i don't think it is the right way to see the pulse signal...

do i need a 12V LED ? or a 2.2v LED in series with a 510 ohm resistor is ok ? please help me , thank you very much !
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	73641
    Last edited by Sundio; 06-08-2022, 04:50 AM.

anyone can help ?

Comment

Hi, I am trying to get the same circuit to work.

am not sure about the LED I will try to see if I can find where to put it. I have an oscilloscope between the base of BD243C and ground at the battery negative for the circuit I get the potentiometer adjustable square waveform about 0 and 3.5 V. At output of H11D1 before resistor and BD243C I get adjustable square wave between about 0 V and 12V. I was able to get pulse indicator LED to light between this point (output of H11D1 before resistor and BD243C) and battery negative. It is dim but it does seem to match the output square wave. Gotta be sure to have the LED connected the right polarity to work They have + and - now that I dug one out...

So in other words just keep your drawing the same but put right side of LED to pin 4 of H11D1 opto isolator (in drawing the right side of H11D1 and bottom pin) seemed to work for me.
      Last edited by Mike Swanson; 06-12-2022, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swanson View Post
        Hi, I am trying to get the same circuit to work.

am not sure about the LED I will try to see if I can find where to put it. I have an oscilloscope between the base of BD243C and ground at the battery negative for the circuit I get the potentiometer adjustable square waveform about 0 and 3.5 V. At output of H11D1 before resistor and BD243C I get adjustable square wave between about 0 V and 12V. I was able to get pulse indicator LED to light between this point (output of H11D1 before resistor and BD243C) and battery negative. It is dim but it does seem to match the output square wave. Gotta be sure to have the LED connected the right polarity to work They have + and - now that I dug one out...

So in other words just keep your drawing the same but put right side of LED to pin 4 of H11D1 opto isolator (in drawing the right side of H11D1 and bottom pin) seemed to work for me.
        Hi Mike
        Thank you for your advice , i tried , as you said , when the LED is connected between pin4 of H11D1 and the negative pole , it's very dark , so i replaced the negative pole with the D pole of IRFP260 ,and the brightness is good , now i can see that the timer is switching every second , thank you very much for helping me solve this problem

btw , how about your circuit efficiency ? my circuit works well , but i found several other problems ! i will make a detailed statemet in the new post later , i am very glad to communicate with you , thank you !
        Last edited by Sundio; 06-12-2022, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundio View Post

Hi Mike
          Thank you for your advice , i tried , as you said , when the LED is connected between pin4 of H11D1 and the negative pole , it's very dark , so i replaced the negative pole with the D pole of IRFP260 ,and the brightness is good , now i can see that the timer is switching every second , thank you very much for helping me solve this problem

btw , how about your circuit efficiency ? my circuit works well , but i found several other problems ! i will make a detailed statemet in the new post later , i am very glad to communicate with you , thank you !
          Hi Sundio,

Yes it is nice for me too to talk about it. I will try the D pole of the MOSFET for neg of LED thanks I had not thought to put an LED to see the pulse it is pretty necessary I think now. I would be interested to hear your efficiency, I have only done a single charge run with my circuit without the capacitor and it is not conclusive since I was working out the bugs. edit: I recorded .40 system COP and 1.04 battery COP with unrecorded stoppage time to tune...

I was happy to get 345 RPM with about a 1.0 amp draw with a single pulse waveform. I was able to walk the resistance back to 100 ohms before double pulsing if I started at 20 or so and gradually raised it as wheel accelerated. Is that similar to your experience? The handbook seems to have a lower resistance.... But it didn't last because now I have the coil staying on and not turning off with a high amp draw on primary run battery

I believe it's a problem with one of the MJL21194 that reads infinite Hfe on a transistor test. so I will try to replace it and see if I can get back to testing.

I also am trying to get the capacitor discharge circuit to work, and had some success today with a 24v pair of batteries charging one 12v with it so I'm ,happy about that.

But as for efficiency I am not sure yet I was going to do the old spreadsheet from the monopole group experiment to try to figure that out. I got .7 COP and 1.7 battery COP with my single transistor SSG some years ago...

Not many people here it seems but very nice to be working on the same project and to talk about it!
          Last edited by Mike Swanson; 06-12-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X