• Show
Clear All

• Different Resistors with SS SSG with CPD Mod

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-08-28 at 10.19.04 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	50833
    Not sure if this picture has attached or not, but I'll tell you what it is.
    I have a 8 filar (one trigger 7 matched circuits) #23AWG coil I got from rcharge that I've set up in SS mode using the CPD modification. I used a 250v 10joule cap parallel with resistor one and they are in series with resistor 2 which leads to the diode and from there to the bases of the circuit boards. I kept everything the same except R1 and R2 and noted changes in the frequeny, voltage spike, draw and width of the square wave. I calculated voltage spike/amp draw and found a large variation from .03v/mA to .14 v/mA. If anyone has experience with setting R1 and R2 with this configuration and can give advice, I'd be grateful.
    thanks,
    h

Hi Howard,
    nice work there. You have already accumulated more data re resistors than I ever did. I mostly set the base resistors - 100ohms to 220 ohms. Then a pot with the cap across it. if I feel it is drawing too many amps, I'll add a branch resistor and/or another cap in parallel until I get the energizer oscillating below the "dead zone"...
    have you read JB's thread "SG radiant oscillator"?
    take a look - you might consider splitting your setup to charge 2 or 4 batteries on the back...

Oh, not really knowing the details of your setup or batteries etc... I get a good feeling from the 1amp draw setting with the 58volt spike
    sincerely,
    Patrick

Comment

Patrick,
      I seem to remember that you had a zero amp configuration. I know there is some concern that it ruins batteries, but if you can get "no current" you must have figured out a way to manipulate the current without losing voltage in the spike or frequency. Did I understand that incorrectly?
      h

Comment

Howard,

Could you please post a Schematic of the SS SG with the CPD mod...?

RS

Comment

I'll have to wait until I can get to the scanner at the office on Tues, but I got it from Patrick's youtube video. Look for his video under min2oly or minoly.
          h

Comment

Patrick,
            Rick has the yellow capacitor you recommend listed as 10uf 250v. But it says 10j on the capictor. Using J=1/2 * c * e squared, I get 10= .5* c *62500. Solving for C I get .00032 f or 320uf. Did I do that conversion correctly? I think it's important to know the accurate capacitance of this capacitor so that when I plug in others I can see the effect of changing capacitance.
            h

Comment

All, it is a 10uF capacitor. The "J" refers to the tolerance (5%)

Click image for larger version

Name:	capcodes.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	44727

John K.
              Last edited by John_Koorn; 09-03-2012, 04:26 AM. Reason: adding picture

Comment

Thanks John,
                h

Comment

Working...
                X