Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini SG Coils Now Available!

Hi All,

We all know how much of a pain it is to wind a good quality coil for a Bedini SG. Anyone who has done it knows how difficult it is to run the wires out, twist them and then wind it onto a spool - not much fun right? And then you have to source and cut the welding rods! (Anyone who hasn't yet wound their first coil - you don't know what you're missing!)

Well, we have some good news - coils for the Bedini SG are now available!

We at TeslagenX have secured a supplier who has agreed to wind coils to our specifications, which are the same specifications recommended by JB. Our supplier has agreed to ship each Thursday for orders that are received by Monday.

We have two types of coils available. The first is designed to complement the Bedini SG 4 Transistor Experimenter Kit that is already available. This coil is 5-filar, wound with 130' of 4 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. The spool is the standard Pittsfield spool (
    3.25” High x 3.5” Diameter. 0.75” Core) and each coil is filled with R60 copper coated welding rod. The price for this coil is just $100 (plus shipping)

The second coil we have available is 8-filar, wound with 130' of 7 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. It also comes on the standard spool and R60 welding rod. This is the coil that is recommended in the Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook This coil is only $125 (plus shipping).

To place an order, please visit our website and see the bottom of this page: Coils and Coil Components

Both of these coils are also designed to fit into our exclusive quality wooden coil holder, which is also available from the same web page and is only $25.

Just think, no more trying to wind coils in the heat, rain or snow
    . Just order, receive and fit your coil

John K, Tom C & ErikN
    Last edited by ErikN; 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM. Reason: fixed links

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi All,

We all know how much of a pain it is to wind a good quality coil for a Bedini SG. Anyone who has done it knows how difficult it is to run the wires out, twist them and then wind it onto a spool - not much fun right? And then you have to source and cut the welding rods! (Anyone who hasn't yet wound their first coil - you don't know what you're missing!)

Well, we have some good news - coils for the Bedini SG are now available!

We at TeslagenX have secured a supplier who has agreed to wind coils to our specifications, which are the same specifications recommended by JB. Our supplier has agreed to ship each Thursday for orders that are received by Monday.

We have two types of coils available. The first is designed to complement the Bedini SG 4 Transistor Experimenter Kit that is already available. This coil is 5-filar, wound with 130' of 4 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. The spool is the standard Pittsfield spool (
    3.25” High x 3.5” Diameter. 0.75” Core) and each coil is filled with R60 copper coated welding rod. The price for this coil is just $100 (plus shipping)

The second coil we have available is 8-filar, wound with 130' of 7 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. It also comes on the standard spool and R60 welding rod. This is the coil that is recommended in the Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook This coil is only $125 (plus shipping).

To place an order, please visit our website and see the bottom of this page: Coils and Coil Components

Both of these coils are also designed to fit into our exclusive quality wooden coil holder, which is also available from the same web page and is only $25.

Just think, no more trying to wind coils in the heat, rain or snow
    . Just order, receive and fit your coil

John K, Tom C & ErikN
    Here here - cheers!

I did it 3 times 250' 9 filer. I had a blast with my kids at the park. 3rd time was not much of a charm for my little one - good thing she brought a friend, always something to do at the park.
    I've priced out other companies that sell a spool twisted, not cheap.

Thanks for providing these.
    why not AWG#18, I thought that was the gold standard here?
    6 twists/inch?
    -edit-snip

Kind regards,
    Patrick
    Last edited by min2oly; 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
      Here here - cheers!

I did it 3 times 250' 9 filer. I had a blast with my kids at the park. 3rd time was not much of a charm for my little one - good thing she brought a friend, always something to do at the park.
      I've priced out other companies that sell a spool twisted, not cheap.

Thanks for providing these.
      why not AWG#18, I thought that was the gold standard here?
      6 twists/inch?
      -edit-snip

Kind regards,
      Patrick
      Patrick,

We have decided to run coils with wire sizes that match the Sg book specifications for now.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi John K.
        Can you please tell me what the ohms are on the AWG#20 and the AWG#23. On the chart i have the AWG#20 = .91 and the AWG#23 =.61, the reason I'm asking is because i have found a company in Sydney that sell peai grade 2 which is rated to 200 deg + the problem is that the closest to AWG#20 is .90 and AWG#23 is .60, even though they are very close I'm not sure if it would make a difference to the end result of 130 feet.

Best Regards,
        George N.

Comment

Hey George,

I'll measure my coil when I get home tonight. I'm pretty sure I have the same gauge as you in metric, but will confirm.

John K.

Comment

John K. do you have for europe members also
            and what does it cost to ship to europe
            thank you

Comment

Coil Specs

George,

Here are the specs for my coil:
              Power winding(s) - 130' (39.624m) AWG#20. Measured 0.80mm with digital calipers. 1.322 Ohms measured with milli-ohm meter.
              Trigger winding - 130' (39.624m) AWG#24. Measured 0.50mm with digital calipers. 3.430 Ohms measured with milli-ohm meter.

Measurements taken at ambient temperature of 15.2C/59.2F

John K.
              Last edited by John_Koorn; 04-20-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Oh, and here is the chart I use that I did years ago. My chart matches my measurements and the wire from my supplier.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnet Wire Data Chart3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	45485

Looks like your chart is in SWG, not AWG.

John K.
                Last edited by John_Koorn; 04-19-2013, 03:49 AM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

@Patrick
                  you were asking about 18 awg coils, they are now available

@Ed_Morbus

shipping varies depending upon weight so if you send us an email to service@teslagenx.com with exaclty what you would like we can give you a price including shipping.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi John

Thanks for your reply mate!.. yes your very correct SWG. 20#AWG = 0.0320 x 25 = .80mm
                    24#AWG = 0.0201 x 25 =.5025 say .50mm

I found a table that gives ohms per 1000 feet
                    20#AWG = 10.13 x 130 feet = 1316.9 divide by 1000 = 1.3169 ohms
                    24#AWG = 25.67 x 130 feet = 3337.1 divide by 1000 = 3.3371 ohms

Cheers,
                    George
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                        George,

Here are the specs for my coil:
                        Power winding(s) - 130' (32.624m) AWG#20. Measured 0.80mm with digital calipers. 1.322 Ohms measured with milli-ohm meter.
                        Trigger winding - 130' (32.624m) AWG#24. Measured 0.50mm with digital calipers. 3.430 Ohms measured with milli-ohm meter.

Measurements taken at ambient temperature of 15.2C/59.2F

John K.
                        John,
                        Thank you for sharing this.
                        I think, thought, there is a mistake, 130' are 39,624 m, no 32,624.
                        Anyway, here is a link to a very good wire calculator: The CircuitCalculator.com Blog » Wire Parameter Calculator
                        Values of the wires are core only, so, depending on numbers of the protection coatings, the wire is actually a little bit thicker.
                        Best regards,
                        Teodor

Comment

Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
                          John,
                          Thank you for sharing this.
                          I think, thought, there is a mistake, 130' are 39,624 m, no 32,624.
                          Anyway, here is a link to a very good wire calculator: The CircuitCalculator.com Blog » Wire Parameter Calculator
                          Values of the wires are core only, so, depending on numbers of the protection coatings, the wire is actually a little bit thicker.
                          Best regards,
                          Teodor
                          Teodor, thanks for the correction. I went back and corrected the post.

John K.

Comment

Love the new look website at TeslagenX - Your source for Radiant Energy Chargers, Experimenter kits, PCBs, Books, Videos & References Great improvement!

Comment

Thanks Dennis! Erik has been putting in a lot of hours to get the new site up and running.

The new 8 SG and 4 SG kits are up there now. All of the EFTV videos, Bearden and Bedini books, links to Aaron and Peter's videos and heaps more.

We just have to put up the pricing for the small and large comparators, but email us at service@teslagenx.com if you want any info.

We hope everyone will like it. Please give us your feedback!

John K.

Comment

Working...
                              X