X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John_Bedini
    replied
    linear current amplifier

The Linear Amplifiers used in this device are no longer in production as we had to do them discreetly in the beginning. The Solar Tracker 5 is just one of the many offshoots of the technology in amplifiers.
    Technology has advanced in how current feedback works in this type of device works
    The Video shows that with the correct arrangement with linear current amplifiers many things are possible as the circuits may be used for a verity of different applications. Using this for solar charging was an idea I had for a very long time. I applied this technology with variations in the Solar Tracker 5 because of the stability in a single ended mode. The feedback of the circuit looks at the impedance of the batteries and then regulates to the proper voltage. In the amplifier the feedback is used to control the gain of the current being modulated. Meter indications in VU are showing the current being modulated within the regulator circuits and that current indicates how loud the amplifier is playing. Clipping level is far above the red indication of the meters that being 3 dB above full power. If the Linear current amplifier exceeds heat levels automatic shutdown will occur and current levels fall automatically to protect the device (thermal shutdown).

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    John asked me to post this in this thread so you can see the S3A12 push big car batteries to the top:

The first battery, I didn't show the charging just the end, but the voltage jumped up, then dropped, and repeated and finally went straight up...the drops show the sulphation going back into solution repairing itself.

The second battery, I showed putting the charger straight to the battery and it did NOT jump up to a higher voltage. That shows there are no sulphation issues and it starts to take the amp hours right off the bat.

Leave a comment:

• John_Bedini
    replied
    information

Steve, All,

Yes Chuck and I have made cells like that. We have been working on something new that does not require any water after the first time.
    It seems that it is all in how the chemicals are mixed.

Those asking questions on the Linear Amplifier for Audio must wait as they use a special linear device which is in a special TO 3 case and some things about it when mounting it is critical along with the layout. Feedback is very important along with the Nobel networks for speaker protection. The cost to make this device is very high because of the heat sinks I will see if I can get a video up tonight, I must clean up the bench as I have been just crammed with work on the new 3 amp charger, but I'm trying to reduce it in size even more, I'm even thinking about making a Hybrid Module, resistors are the limitations along with the heat generated if not mounted correctly, this would be a discreet device. My etching machines can only go down so small. I would like to get it in a two by two square.

The Video of the amplifier will not do it justice because of the sound on my camera, But will give it a try. You will find this type of Class A Amplifier is amplified in current and therefore has no bandwidth limitations all the way to 1Mhz flat. The limitation being in the voltage divider networks as you can not exceed the regulator voltage input. Two of us manufactures in the 60's built the amplifiers one being Electro Research, John Iverson and Bedini Electronics Inc. They were used with Klipschorn speaker systems and Electro-voice systems and would out do the tube single ended triode class A's. The front end or voltage gain of the amp was using a wide band integrated circuit similar to the LF 411. RCA had wide band video amps in metal cans then. The power level was not important as it was found that Amplifiers were running at just one third of the power level. so haveing 4 to 5 watts was very loud with the speakers used.

Today we have plastic chips that if you can take the heat away work real good. In the video look at the size of the heat sinks, this amp heat wise runs at 85c so it is very warm to the touch and must be well ventilated. It is a heat fin design. The solar tracker 5 uses much more current so it is necessary to forced air cooled as it uses more devices, resistors are important as they must be wire wound 1 per-cent.
    The Solar Tracker 5, what made me do it. The batteries in a solar house normally are new. The problem being that they never get charged so pure DC is the way to go such as in forming the battery. It is important that the batteries are pushed right up to 15 Volts in a 12 volt system and 30 volts in a 24 volt system. If you can not push that battery up and it sits in a non charged condition is when the damage occurs. Charging batteries to 13.80 volts just causes them to sulfate. After your battery is in that condition the only thing that can fix it is pulse charging or a Radiant charge like from the SSG machine. But the best you can do is to about 80 per-cent. By that time the battery will not last long unless it is charged to full and kept in that condition charged and discharged.

The Tracker 5 can push all at once if the panels can keep up with it. I have never seen panels that can do laboratory conditions in the environment at what the panel is rated at. It is mandatory that you push that battery right up to full charge or the battery damage will happen. The other problem is you must taper that charge quickly so damage does not happen, That is the reason for feedback ( looking at impedance of cells) in the circuits. The Tracker 5 will maintain at the batteries float voltage as that has nothing to do with equalizing of the cells as each cell is not made the same so it kind of stupid to say you can and that's the reason some batteries can never be pushed to float. What tells the real story is the impedance of the cell and that is what you must look at and adjust accordingly, without the low impedance of the battery you have no reserve power for anything. You can tell if your generator comes on or your batteries are low in reserve power if the charger really put the power in the battery. The other thing is power point tracking which is an average of cloudy days VS sunny days so did you really get the highest charge at 13.8 volts?....

The experiment taking place right now is the Tracker 5 charger for Lithium Iron batteries. Why this battery, You can take it down to nothing and with a small current bring it right back to full and we will do a video on that too. All the new Garden light use these batteries. Charging of this battery is much different so the impedance must be tracked with small currents.and a much different impedance. Some things about this battery is that you can not pulse charge and no Radiant charging, it must be done with a linear charger. This is the reason for the conversion on the SSG machine so you can charge them and batteries like it.
    More later
    John

Leave a comment:

• guyzzemf
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    all of the products sold by TeslagenX and tesla chargers come directly from Johns shop in Idaho. I am not sure what it is you are looking for, we have chosen at TeslagenX to offer everything John manufactures, including his amplifiers, and the energy from the vacuum DVD series, while Aaron and peter have chosen to focus on chargers, solar trackers, and the books that Peter and Aaron write. Aaron also sells the ASEA actvated water, which is amazing also!

Rick is manufacturing chargers without a License from Energenx, nothing you buy from Rick comes out of John's shop, it is all copycat clones with inferior parts.

Tom C
    IF RICK IS HERE WONT BE HARD TO SPOT --LOOK FOR THE PERSON WHO IS PUSHING ON TRANES TO HARD LOL

Leave a comment:

• Allwest
    replied
    Hey John Bedini
    This is your old buddy Allwest
    I know this may not be the environment to ask you a question on the crystal cells BUT you are hard to get in contact with
    I have had some good luck on home made high power cells, and was wondering if you had experimented with charging these types of cells, or do you have any suggestions on charging
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7R4GTTNTIk

I am sure you are busy but a response would be appreciated
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RS_
    replied
    JB, I cant wait to see this combination of circuits in action.... See Ya'll there.............

Leave a comment:

• John_Bedini
    replied
    Linear Reg for SSG

Jelloir,
    Sorry been busy here. The linear Regulator Amplifiers have been around for a long time since the early 60's. I at one time had to do them discrete, that way I discovered at the time you could make audio amplifiers, regulators, current sources, band gap Beta multipliers and pure DC amplifiers, reference sources. Later on they put the circuits into 5 Volt chips and all pre-amps used them but the heat was enormous. You could not adjust them if you used them. That made things fixed. To use them for Solar you are kind of screwed, however if one understands the circuits inside the chip you can get around this by making it an Amplifier, DC mode then all the feedback works in your favor with current gain. So what I have built is a filtering system using a band gap Beta multipliers darlington amplifier using a feed back regulator zener controlled. Now the new thing is biased voltage zener's in different current ranges. This module for the SG uses all of this in Linear mode to control a DC amplifier (single ended). The SG machine builds up the capacitor to only 30 volts as it is zener controlled. Chopping off the spikes it then passes through a series pass band gap Beta multiplier amplifier. Then it passes to an DC controlled regulator Amplifier for output power. Feedback controls the voltage and current to the secondary battery, when the battery approaches the top of the curve the green light says the battery is done. The Amplifier section uses emitter followers to add the correct current and low impedance for the battery of which the battery impedance is around .00023 ohms. The heat must be directed away from the devices or they will self destruct quickly. At the conference I will demonstrate a Tesla Solar Tracker 5 class A playing music using that technology for those that attend. Even though I have been asked questions about Rick I will state again I have nothing to do with him, and what he is copying was taken from my company along with other things. What he is making is not what we build here as I immediately changed everything to the Linear technology and I never kept that information around the shop. The notebooks were always kept at home in a safe. I take no responsibility for what he is building as I know he does not know what he is doing with any of it. He is on this group under a false name and I know he is trying to take everything all of you people are working on so be careful with what you think is important, or you may find it for sale. All of you on this group work very hard at what your doing to bad some are like that. I have no fear about what he has done as his day will come. My shop is small and all the people you can trust as I do and if you want help ask and Chuck and I will do the best we can. Your moderators are very dedicated to what they do and very helpful as I read all the time what is going on, even if I don't say anything. I will post a small video of the Linear Amplifier playing music soon. Thank you all for your support and hard work on this group. I will make them for sale soon. I'm trying to keep the price down.
    John B

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Very nicely said, and the other thing JB does is he builds every thing right in his lab..all very original.. simple rare quality in an Individual.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• jelloir
    replied
    John, Will a linear amplifier regulator for SSG's product be released? If so, would this be integrated in to the Solar Trackers as an optional input or be a separate product?

This is really cool.

Leave a comment:

• gandyman
    replied
    @Tom C,
    Yes all clear up for this old man

@John,
    Great I will put this links in one folder, and you never gues what the name from the folder is...

I hope this way it is also clear for New Kids On The Block, so they go to the proper website...

And again many thanks for everything you do for us and man kind John.

Leave a comment:

• John_Bedini
    replied
    Gandy,
    I'm sorry I will try to get all this corrected as soon as I can by putting all the links up.
    John
    Gandy, here are some of the links.

http://teslachargers.com/

http://www.teslagenx.com/

http://energenx.com/

http://www.sunlightbioelectric.com/SBE/
    Last edited by John_Bedini; 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM. Reason: Adding info

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    Gandy,

hope everything has been cleared up for you, if there is anything else we can help you with please send us an email at sales@teslagenx.com

Tom C

Leave a comment:

• gandyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    all of the products sold by TeslagenX and tesla chargers come directly from Johns shop in Idaho. I am not sure what it is you are looking for, we have chosen at TeslagenX to offer everything John manufactures, including his amplifiers, and the energy from the vacuum DVD series, while Aaron and peter have chosen to focus on chargers, solar trackers, and the books that Peter and Aaron write. Aaron also sells the ASEA actvated water, which is amazing also!
    Yesterday I order something in your shop..
    Ad the time off ordering I read that all producst come directly from John shop....

In the front it is not clear who are official dealers from John's product's so this is what confused me.

Rick is manufacturing chargers without a License from Energenx, nothing you buy from Rick comes out of John's shop, it is all copycat clones with inferior parts.

Tom C
    I know the whole history what Rick has done.........

While you all selling different products, I would be a nice service to have in a corner clear links to all 3 website's. ??

@ John
    I was confused and a little irritated becouse it is realy hard to find your website http://energenx.com/products.html here on the forum....
    On everything I click I come on the site from Aaron and Peter, I needed to look around for a post from Tom C before I could click on his website, and after I click in your post on http://johnbedini.net I could endly find the http://energenx.com/ website.....
    Hope you understand my irritation..... forgive me for that.

And again I am not new here, I follow you in silence for many years, building testing and making.....

Last but not least,
    I understand why and how you handle with Rick, but I had kick him as hard in his bals so they appear behind his eyes......
    And until today I dont understand you let him sell these immitation products with are so call from your hand.
    Again, I do understand, while you probaly dont wanna spend money and precious lifetime on this idiot...

BTW your last product "Linear Amp" is awsome.....

Thanks for everything
    Last edited by gandyman; 04-22-2014, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    Thanks John that is great!!

Tom C

Leave a comment:

• John_Bedini
    replied
    Linear Reg On SSG

I have been asked many times about hooking Linear Amplifier Regulators to SSG machines, so basically this is solar charger circuitry that has gone through heavy modifications.
    As For RICK F I have nothing to do with him as people calling me have complained about him steeling the money and never delivering anything, He took all the circuits from Energenx but I hid all the new stuff at home because I knew he was going through my computer at work when I was not around, he took all Bretts work and is trying to make it, good luck as it can be a real problems. I booted him out of here and have had nothing missing since he was booted, and I don't mean booted because he knew anything, he does not.
    Anyway enough on Rick here.
    In this video I show a linear Current Amplifier hooked to a SSG machine. I explain some of the operation but not all of it because of time limits. The Linear amp combines a filter section for converting the spiked high voltage and then transforming the DC through a Bata multiplier filter controlled buy a zener to limit the DC voltage to the input stage of the linear Amplifier circuit. The Comparator circuits indicate the state of the battery when battery approaches top of curve. If you attend the conference then I will go through the circuits running on the machine. I also said that since it works like an amplifier it can be used for sound, not very many people have ever heard class A linear regulators running as amplifiers for audio but it was developed years ago by me for class A operation at small power levels.

Tesla Solar Charger/Energenx

John Bedini

Last edited by John_Bedini; 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: corr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X