Engineering for the Spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering for the Spike

John Bedini in a recent thread mentioned something about people need to learn what is going on with the radiant spike, at least I think he may have been saying something along those lines, eruh, not really sure would have to go back and look. But I thought I would start a thread on this. I will start with something I am fairly confident on and after that throw spaghetti at the wall and perhaps people can chime in.

So we know from Faraday, if I am not mistaken, that the power of electricity developed is dependant upon the strength of the magnetic field (B field) and the instantaneous rate of change, ie the change in magnetic flux. So if you have a given magnet moving across an inductor at right angles if you double the velocity of the magnet the electrical power will double, likewise if you force a twice as strong magnet across at the original speed the power will double.

Now for an inductor with the power suddenly cut off, from the core's point of view this is entirely analogous to a magnet passing by, i.e. it experiences a change in magnetic flux. This does present different engineering opportunities than the pick-up coil however as the power produced is in part dependent solely on the rate of collapse of the coil. If a coil truly collapsed instantaneously it would generate infinite power, therefore there are variables governing the rate of collapse of a magnetic field in a coil. What are they?

Alright, for the spaghetti fling, for the first is the resistance in the wire. I don't think this is generally that significant, I am missing the engineering background but I really think a coil drawn out to a straight line would have much less resistance. There is also Tesla's patent about his bifilar odd hook-up pancake coil where he is saying for some frequencies there is only the resistance in the wire remaining, this implies to me that wire resistance is not a real big variable. Second is the core, a permeable core greatly increases the B field however my guess is it resists change. So an iron core will be more powerful but collapse more slowly is my take. There are likely then ideal geometries of coil core to windings to maximize B field while still allowing for a rapid collapse of core. The concept of magnetic reluctance comes into play here however are we concerned about the reluctance of the iron core or the reluctance of the air gap between the male and female poles? As a (perhaps somewhat relevant) aside there is the Leedskalin based experiment where one powers a horseshoe magnet then bridges the poles with iron and magnetic force remains after the power is turned off, what does this mean if one briefly pulses a toroid? Also, I tried winding a coil, pulsed, looked at power into a cap, then doubled the length of the core, everything else equal, used the same wire on the twice as long core, spike decreased in power, this despite the fact that with the longer core there are more winds, closer to the core, again magnetic reluctance but iron core or air gap?

So, wire resistance, core resistance, third is wind to wind resistance. My guess is important. I think there is resistance to magnetic change and each wire as it collapses influences its neighbors, this might be why Litz wire is often seen in these approaches (anyone tried a Litz wire Tesla coil?). Beyond this, except to say maybe one layer is best, again Tesla coil, I got nothing else.

Last is one I am also thinking about and that is voltage. I still don't really understand voltage and current. However it seems to me if you had a coil at 20V and 0.1 amps and it collapsed it would collapse faster then one at 2V and 1 amp. The voltage is the height of the waterfall right? Problem is it generally costs a lot to transform voltage. But more philosophically can voltage exist without amperage? If you have a million volt difference across a perfect insulator will any ions move on the other side? It may be, that voltage follows a square rule while amperage is one to one.

As another aside, as Bedini has mentioned (I think) much of the interesting stuff with his battery charging is going on within the battery. I don't think this is solely from the spike but also from the idea that water being a polar molecule will line up in a certain direction then cause adjacent water molecules to line up in the same direction so on and so forth. How much is this process voltage versus current dependent? Also, this alignment of water molecules is self annealing to a certain extent, possibly even to the extent that some current can be drawn off while the polar molecules seek to reestablish their orientation, i.e. cap rebound, i.e. captret. If one wished to optimize this environment the ideas that come to mind are 1) two concentric +/- circles (Joe Cell) or 2) a circular insulator across a voltage potential (biologic cell). I think I"ve thown enough, uh "spaghetti" around for one post, but would really enjoy other's thoughts on the inductive/radiant spike.
    Last edited by ZPDM; 12-08-2015, 02:04 AM.

I have been thinking more about the radiant spike. What follows may be complete nonsense, the thought if true does concern me but it is better to try and learn the truth is it not? To preface, if there is a COP>1 electromagnetic machine that is replicable and consistent, then this isn't some sort of one in a million when the last moon of Durin's day with Capricorn rising in the east sort of situation, it is declaring something about nature and its laws. If there are multiple electromagnetic approaches that are reported as COP>1 that reinforces the declaration. Now yes, the engineering may be a situation of, you need leaky diodes, only the ones from Germany, with Germanium transistors that must be matched though the Germanium should be sourced from the Swiss Alps, but that is aside from the fact of whether or not that there is a replicable consistent COP>1 electromagnetic machine.

There is free energy created whenever electrical power is transferred from point A to point B in space. Consider two equal capacitors one foot apart. Cap A is at 100V and cap B empty. Nothing happens in cap B as the electrical gradient from cap A is insufficient to overcome the electrical resistance of the air. Now we connect conducting wires what happens? Cap A discharges into cap B, until they are both equal in voltage. Entropy increases, there are some power losses from internal resistance in caps and resistance of wire, however the total power in the two cap system at the end is very close to what we started with. Something else also happened though, when current flowed along the wires a magnetic field appeared along the connecting wires. This magnetic field is not static however but is changing in time, ramping up quickly as the connection is made then decreasing as the cap discharges and current flow decreases then approaches zero. A changing magnetic field across a conductor produces electricity. Apparently this electricity doesn't show up in cap B. This electricity can be rectified with a diode though and shunted say to a third cap. So a central question would seem to be does rectifying the electricity captured from the changing magnetic field materially affect the power showing up in cap B? It doesn't.

Now let's consider two variations of the above, in the first you have one watt of power in cap A and cap A is at one volt cap B is again empty. In the second you have one watt of power in cap A and it is at 100V. When connected together what are the differences in behavior between the two. While I can't easily point to the textbook equations I am pretty certain there are, first off, two differences. 1) The resistive losses would be greater with the one volt transfer 2) the current would flow more rapidly from the 100V cap. I would guess that the total magnetic flux would be equal (apart from resistive losses) between the two examples however the behavior across time would be much different. At one volt there would be a prolonged, slowly changing weaker magnetic field change, at 100V a more rapidly changing field with a higher? maximum field strength. As electricity produced by magnetic flux is dependent on the field strength and instantaneous rate of change, the 100V discharge would produce a more powerful inductive spike or more electricity. So again does rectifying this electricity affect the discharge between caps? After this one might consider the wires between the two caps, for some reason that I don't entirely understand coiling a wire amplifies the magnetic field (is it increasing it or only concentrating it in space? would coiling a wire in a vacuum have any effect on field strength?) and introduces more complex behavior. An inductor should amplify this inductive effect though likely present a more complicated system. You note in the above examples energy has been moved from point A to point B and again while entropy has increased the total power aside from the losses in the system remains equal. In an electrical distribution system you want to move electricity from point A to point B so why, and I think this is what Tom Bearden was getting at in one of his interviews, do we always move energy from point A to point B with point B being this enormous negative sink called earth ground. Just capture what you have left over after running your system and put it someplace, unlike earth ground, where you can do something with it later, am I missing something there? Hey Mcfly, there is still current flowing to ground after having powered its load.

So here is something I haven't yet tried to build. Take two six volt batteries and place an inductor between them. Connect the two positive poles of the batteries. Have two wires coming off the negative poles of each battery, have two voltage doubler or tripler circuits next to each battery. In state one connect one negative to voltage doubler to inductor to neg of other battery. Turn on and off repeatedly. Grab spike off inductor send to a cap or third battery. In state two disconnect the two negative wires, Connect other battery to voltage doubler, turn on and off repeatedly. So on, so forth. I would think the two batteries would likely go down over time from losses in voltage double circuit, inductor etc but you are again left with the same question does rectifying the electricity off the changing magnetic field of the inductor materially change the power flow between the batteries? Shame I can't engineer worth a dime.
    Last edited by ZPDM; 12-13-2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I follow what your saying and agree with a lot of it. There is this idea I've had for awhile that I've been wanting to try. What if you had a polygon rotor with the magnets arranged in helix around it. It would have to be at least 3 sided. So now when the coils are arranged side by side in a straight line only one is firing at a time. There are several advantages, like using opposite polarities and a larger pulse width in comparison to torque and speed of the rotor. Like you say, pasgetty against the wall.

Comment

Working...
      X