Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I present to you an AC motor of high energy efficiency (tested by the University)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I present to you an AC motor of high energy efficiency (tested by the University)"

With the title "I present to you an AC motor of high energy efficiency (tested by the University)", I had presented an article (to start a debate) that I wrote for two (2) official journals in different universities (Republic of Colombia and Argentina, Latin America). They are the same, but with different shapes or formats and some small changes in information and images. Articles published in scientific journals in Spanish, with intellectual protection ISBN / ISSN. But I also included translations into the English language.
    In the following link of "Energetic Forum", I leave all the links referring to the topic that I present here (to see all the links) see in: http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...the-university

Summary / Debate of the project (idea of energy efficiency):
    Taking into account the importance of Energy Efficiency (EE), especially the one related to single-phase electricity, for home and commercial consumption. The problem of the environmental impact (carbon footprint) that is being generated, represents an opportunity for the development of more efficient industrial products in the consumption of electric energy (final objective). In clear orientation with this ethical line of Industrial Design, we worked with an Ecodesing methodology, focused on the fifth stage of the life cycle analysis (LCA): efficient use of electrical energy. The purpose was to develop a PMSM synchronous motor (synchronous motor with permanent ferrite magnet rotor) of 220 (volts), 50 (Hz) of alternating current (AC); to be used in fans, air conditioning equipment and other cooling systems: air forced, etc. The main result obtained was the reduction of 52% of the active power (W), without loss of speed (revolutions per minute) of the blades. As a final conclusion we can say that there was a saving of 58% consumption of active electrical energy (kWh). It is estimated that replacing ferrite magnets with neodymium would increase (or improve) the efficiency of motor energy consumption, but the economic costs of manufacturing would increase.
    According to the WorldEnergy Outlook 2017 published by the International Energy Agency (IEA) some trends in the global energy system are evident, where electric motors will represent a third of the increase in demand for electric energy. This increase means that millions of homes will add appliances and refrigeration systems. Recently the Agency published a very complete study on the situation of the use of air conditioners in the world. In the Argentine Republic, CAMMESA annual reports: 2007 and 2016 indicate that during that period there was a 45% increase in electricity consumption in all sectors, which means a problem in the generation and transmission of energy. It became a necessity all the measures that can be taken in the sense of Energy Efficiency (EE); which on the other hand means an opportunity in the design and development of more efficient industrial products in the consumption of electric energy.
    In clear guidance with this ethical line of carbon footprint reduction and scientifically based on environmental impact, an electric turbine of 220 (volts), 50 (Hz) of alternating current (AC) was developed, to be applied to fan motors. It reduces electrical energy consumption by 59%, measured in kWh (kilo-Watts-hour), which is the way in which energy consumption is billed. According to IRAM 62480: 2017, a Type EE was obtained: A. With an energy consumption of less than 55% of the nominal value; which represents 15 kWh / month, a value that is calculated for one (1) hour per day at maximum power (25 watts for the prototype).
    It should be noted that there are ENI standards for energy efficiency for electric motors, which could not be verified, since they exceed the resources available for this work.
    The objective has been to approach the frequency inverters (VDF) or drivers in a simpler way (technology) and economical (costs), which are a technology that reduces electrical energy, keeping the voltage / frequency ratio constant (volts / hertz) with complex and expensive electronics (such as bipolar insulated gate transistors: IGBTs). Here the problem has been solved by maintaining the non-constant relationship (V / Hz) with a Triac BT 137 for use in single-phase induction motors of 220 (V), 50 (Hz) alternating current (AC).
    In order to construct this less expensive (economically) and less complex (electronically) technology, the existence - proven in the market - of other similar technological applications, which can be adapted and assembled to other existing technologies, was also analyzed; and that this assembly can be carried out in a cheap and functional way.
    This power control for a-synchronous motors was used in a PMSM type synchronous motor. The activities carried out for the construction of the prototype are: to adopt a PMSM type synchronous motor (with rotor of ferrite magnets) obtained from the stator of a 65-watt dishwasher electric pump, coupled to the vanes of a rotor of an a-synchronous motor of shadow turns of microwaves; which is controlled mechatronically with a Triac BT137 tripping power control of voltage wave (Volts) and current intensity (Amps).

I hope you are interested. They can comment, add information, share. Everything is welcome.
    Thank you for your special attention and respect.

I leave a picture of the test bench

Comment

I had a look at the English version source data and noted the result comment "electromechanical torque was reduced by 50%"
      So you should be selective where this approach is used, in fan applications it seems to work reasonably well.

Comment

Working...
      X