Ezekiel Wheel - as detailed by George Wiseman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezekiel Wheel - as detailed by George Wiseman

This is an interesting concept on gravity/water buoyancy and it is reported to have been a working model (photos are available). George Wiseman (http://www.eagle-research.com/) has released a free e-book detailing the invention and comments that this MIGHT work. Coming from George that's quite significant as he has done much study in this area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezekiels-wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	51210

This device was built and was said to put out around 35 HP. It does not seem complicated and looks like a table-top prototype could be a fun project.

Here is a link to the page where you can download the free eBook.
    http://www.eagle-research.com/cms/st...ezekiels-wheel

the only problem i see that pops out at me is this...the water that is trapped in the right side would fall as if in the buckets of a water wheel. but at the very bottom the seal would have to be pushed through and that you be as if you were adding that volume of water into the high pressure of all the water in the tank. but i can always be wrong.

Comment

Bradley,
      The right-hand side of the wheel is 'sealed' in an air tank (not drawn on the diagram), so water between the floats does not escape. In the original device there were no seals - just a high tolerance fit (1/16th inch) which - while moving - I guess would keep nearly all the water contained as it moved through the air tank on the right into the flooded tank on the left. The biggest question is whether the initial drag as the wheel re-enters the flooded tank is overcome (which happens as the water in between the floats equalises pressure with the water in the flooded tank) by the buoyancy forces on the left and the gravity forces on the right. There's a good chance it will if inertia can be achieved through the correct dimensions and weight of construction.
      Cheers,
      Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by moflint View Post
        Bradley,
        The right-hand side of the wheel is 'sealed' in an air tank (not drawn on the diagram), so water between the floats does not escape. In the original device there were no seals - just a high tolerance fit (1/16th inch) which - while moving - I guess would keep nearly all the water contained as it moved through the air tank on the right into the flooded tank on the left. The biggest question is whether the initial drag as the wheel re-enters the flooded tank is overcome (which happens as the water in between the floats equalises pressure with the water in the flooded tank) by the buoyancy forces on the left and the gravity forces on the right. There's a good chance it will if inertia can be achieved through the correct dimensions and weight of construction.
        Cheers,
        Mark.
        interesting,
        I have said for a while now that if you want to perform a cycle that repeats forever like nature you can't just keep using the apple falling from the tree but you must also harness the power of the tree to raise the apple. seems here that is the idea using bouyancy on one side and weight on the other...so maybe dunno build one and find out thats where the fun is.

Comment

Indeed :-) There's a discussion on George's forum (link in previous post) about it.

Comment

Working...
          X