2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setup/Tuning Multicoil Machines

Shameless plug insert here :

I started that thread about my 2 coil setup

LINK:
    http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=1258

James take a look and see if this is similar to your setup. We can perhaps try things out and verify on each of them if things work out the same.

PHASE LAG
    When I looked closely at each coil I found that I had some excessive tolerance in the coil holder, particularly around the hole where the coils core material poked through. When I glued it together I unintentionally biased both to one side ( about 5 mm each). When done on the two coils this resulted in a variance of around 1cm. Because I was working on it from the rear of the machine I hadn't noticed (blocked by the coil holder!).
    This would explain the phase of the secondary coil being out of step with the first. And why it generated heat and slowed down when correctly connected to the primary coils trigger. In essence it was working in repulsion mode for the slave and attraction mode for the primary.
    James
    Last edited by James Milner; 12-03-2013 at 06:12 AM.

TUNING BASE RESISTANCES ON DUAL TRACE OSCILLOSCOPE
    Has anyone tried adding a 10 ohm 25 turn trimmer to the base resistors and tuning it on a dual trace oscilloscope? This way we could cause the trim to be so accurate as to synchronise the gate openings even more accurately. In theory this will more accurately add the spikes together to form larger amplitude spikes due to the signal reinforcing one another more accurately.
    I'm drawing up a new trial circuit board to give it a try. I'd appreciate any experiential feedback.
    James

James,

yes I have "thought" about it, but that is as far as I got. the 20 turn precision pots can get expensive I am looking forward to your results, if you look insideJohns class A amps he dies just that to bias them all correctly.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thanks Tom,
    It's nice to know I'm on the right track

James

TRIMMER RESULTS
    I built a 5 filar board and added 10 ohm 20 turn trimmers in series with the base resistors.
    I had set all the trimmers the same at 5 Ohm so I could adjust 5 Ohm in each direction. My transistors were already matched as were the resistors. As it turned out I had already done a good job and all 5 gates on the transistors were opening in unison. So I gave one of them a few turns and the signal drifted every now and then and as I continued to increase the turns the two signals became less in phase.
    I turned the pot back till the drift started to go the other way and and then found the spot where it was stable and perfectly in phase.
    I'll upload some video to this post tomorrow to more adequately describe what I mean.

The interesting thing is the questions that are provoked by getting these transistors perfectly aligned. When aligned the wave addition is fantastic! Nice big pulses
    I found when I tested the signal on the other side of the diode the signal was no where as clear or as strong or even appeared to be as in phase as it was on the collector side. Obviously because of the voltage drop across the diodes! So why are we using a diode on each output? And reducing the amplitude of all the pulses outbound. Why not just use one larger diode or better still a full wave bridge rectifier and use both the high and the low to increase the punch and waste less, particularly if going down the cap pulser path.
    Tom, John K. Any idea why JB uses separate diodes on each collector output?
    If not tuned I could understand but tuned to a high degree it seems a waste! Particularly if radiant is more present with larger voltage gradients. By simple wave addition even when attached to the battery I am getting approx 30 v per transistor, that's 150v top to bottom on the h-wave using simple wave addition, obviously if I was to test without a battery it would be much higher but I don't fancy blowing my precious trannies.

I think. My next test will be to remove the diodes in series and replace them with a single 3A or 5 A diode. Shotky even better! Then a FWBR and I'll keep you posted!
    Cheers
    James
    Last edited by James Milner; 12-08-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Addition of video

FWBR is the road I am going to take. Why not get everything and send it to battery? Aln

SCHOTTKY DIODES
    I had a play with Schottky diodes in preference with regular 1n4007's. Looking at the waveforms. The regular diodes let through some residual ripple voltage which surprised me. When I switched in the Schottky diodes the resulting waveform was far more crisp in its cut off an preserved more of the fine radiant spikes and at a greater magnitude. I would love to see these fitted to all the outputs on my sg. The downside is a slip up that caused the neons to go on would likely burn up the diodes as well. They tend to not have a high voltage tolerance. The item of interest is that faster diodes have something to contribute to improving outcomes. I think Bro Mikey mentioned this in another thread!
    1n4007.jpgSchotty.jpg
    Last edited by James Milner; 12-17-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: waveforms attached

Hi James, I'm using ETX0806 in some of my experiments and they seem to be working very well. I don't know if they're Shottky but they are ultra-fast and rated at 8A 600V.

John K.

SHOTTKY DIODES.

Well I fried my 40V 1A shottky's. They just don't seem to handle the output. I am now trialing some Ultra Fast Diodes 1A 400V and they seem to be handling it so far.......
    I might consider trying some higher voltage/amp shottky's in the future and will post results as I get to the testing.