Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do to get a better loading?

Dear experimenters

Since years I am building different Bedini energizers. They are running very well and they
    provide a high voltage of 200 - 300 V and there are the right very small peaks on the oscilloscope to be seen.

But nevertheless I have a question:
    Whem I am loading a second battery with any of these energizers it goes very quick in the beginning till I get 12.4 to 12.5 V.
    then it goes very slowly and it lasts 40 hours or more to get 12.7V in the second battery. I never have reached 13.0 V or more.
    The batteries are new and have nearly 50 Ah. With smaller ones or other cores it is nearly the same problem.

My coil now has 2100 windings and a diameter of 3.15 inches.
    It is filled with metglass.The inner diameter is 1 inch.
    I have tested many other coils.

The wheel has 18 magnets with a distance of 3.5 inches

Who can tell me what I have to do to get a better loading.
    Werner

Originally posted by Werner View Post
    Dear experimenters

Since years I am building different Bedini energizers. They are running very well and they
    provide a high voltage of 200 - 300 V and there are the right very small peaks on the oscilloscope to be seen.

But nevertheless I have a question:
    Whem I am loading a second battery with any of these energizers it goes very quick in the beginning till I get 12.4 to 12.5 V.
    then it goes very slowly and it lasts 40 hours or more to get 12.7V in the second battery. I never have reached 13.0 V or more.
    The batteries are new and have nearly 50 Ah. With smaller ones or other cores it is nearly the same problem.

My coil now has 2100 windings and a diameter of 3.15 inches.
    It is filled with metglass.The inner diameter is 1 inch.
    I have tested many other coils.

The wheel has 18 magnets with a distance of 3.5 inches

Who can tell me what I have to do to get a better loading.
    Werner
    questions:

what gauge wire and its length
    what is the resistance of each strand in the coil, should be around 1.2 to 1.5 ohms
    what type of magnets
    how long is the coil
    how big is your rotor in diameter
    what current are you pulling
    what kind of transistors
    what kind of diodes
    are you charging your primary battery before every run
    are you trying to swap batteries front to back

a 50 amp hour battery needs a large multi strand energiser, a single strand energiser will have a hard time charging that battery. its good for a 3 to 7 AH battery.

I am asking all of these questions because you can build a machine that "works" but is a very poor charger, there are coil geometries and core materials that work the best, and there are size limitations to what a coil CAN do for a given size battery. please post pictures and complete specs.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Answers to the questions of Tom C

Hello Tom
      Many thanks for having answered and for your questions:
      Tough I have built many Bedini-energizers big and small ones with different diameters, different coils and different magnets.
      I will describe the one I have worked with most of the time in the last 2 years.
      In Germany we have cm, mm etc. I will change that in the dimension you are familiar with.

Your questions and my answers:

1.) what gauge wire and its length
      - I have one trigger coil ( 2100 windings, diam. # 26)and 1 motor coil (2100 wd.,diam #22 till #23) parallel winded..
      2.) what is the resistance of each strand in the coil, should be around 1.2 to 1.5 ohms
      - The resistance of the motor coil is 21.4 Ohm. It is only 1 strand.

3.)what type of magnets
      - it is strontium-ferrite in cuboid forms. 15.75 x 7.88 x 3.94 inches

4) how long is the coil
      - The length will be nearly 1700 feet

5) how big is your rotor in diameter
      It is a bike´s wheel with a diameter of 26.25 inches

6) what current are you pulling
      The input current is 200mA.
      If I measure the loading current, I see a mean current of nearly 30mA with peaks of 180 mA . The instruments are plugged only for a moment.

7) what kind of transistors
      - Most I take the MJE 3055, sometimes BU 406

8) what kind of diodes
      - Diodes of 615 Ohm

9) are you charging your primary battery before every run
      Yes
      - But sometimes I work with a current of a DC transformer.

10) are you trying to swap batteries front to back
      - Yes

Further specifications.
      Between the basis of the transistor and the trigger coil there is a resistance of 100 Ohm and a variable resistance of 1kOhm.
      The variable resistor with 720 Ohm shows the fastest run of the wheel with 60 till 72 rpm and less current.
      All remains cold.
      The distance between the coil and the magnet is 0.2 inch

The outer diameter of the coil is 3 inches, the length is 4.5 inches .
      If I take a take a capacitor parallel to the charging battery it is one of 0.47 microfarad. It is suitable for 900 V.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Schaltung.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45502Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufbau.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	45503

Comment

your coil is too small for those batteries, and the resistance is too hi. 1.2 to 1.5 ohms max 130 to 150 feet of wire

you need to make your wheel vertical, those bearings are not designed to run the way you have it configured

use mjl 21194

you cannot swap batteries back to front without a cap pulser circuit. a parallel capacitor is not the same thing.

buy the SG book from here it will expalin everything and you will get much better charging, you have many things not correct. just because it spins does not mean it is working correctly.

Tom C

Comment

Hello Tom,Click image for larger version

Name:	MinusSchaltg_kl.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	45509

Many thanks for your answer.

I have the books and nearly all videos of Bedini, but I have never find out how many milliamps in the charging circle are necessary to charge a battery.
          How many milliamps should run into the charging battery?
          Always I hear there are only some milliamps necessary because the radiant energy changes in the battery.
          I ask you how many are “some milliamps”.

I have worked with smaller coils with 50 or 100 or 150 ft. I can get a better charging with 700 to 800 millimaps but I think it is too much current to get the radiant energy.
          If I reduce the resistance of my coil the charging current will increase.

Please tell me how long do you need to charge a battery (7 Ah or 50 Ah) from 12.0 to 13.0V if it works correct.

I have worked with multi-strand coils. You don´t think it is necessary?

Another way to increase the charging current is to connect the negative terminals of the two batteries.
          Look at the picture. What do you think about this?

Sincerely
          Werner

Sorry, in my last answer there was a mistake. You have to divide by 10 the numbers of the magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
            Hello Tom,[ATTACH=CONFIG]1844[/ATTACH]

Many thanks for your answer.

I have the books and nearly all videos of Bedini, but I have never find out how many milliamps in the charging circle are necessary to charge a battery.
            How many milliamps should run into the charging battery?
            Always I hear there are only some milliamps necessary because the radiant energy changes in the battery.
            I ask you how many are “some milliamps”.

I have worked with smaller coils with 50 or 100 or 150 ft. I can get a better charging with 700 to 800 millimaps but I think it is too much current to get the radiant energy.
            If I reduce the resistance of my coil the charging current will increase.

Please tell me how long do you need to charge a battery (7 Ah or 50 Ah) from 12.0 to 13.0V if it works correct.

I have worked with multi-strand coils. You don´t think it is necessary?

Another way to increase the charging current is to connect the negative terminals of the two batteries.
            Look at the picture. What do you think about this?

Sincerely
            Werner

Sorry, in my last answer there was a mistake. You have to divide by 10 the numbers of the magnet.

I do not measure charge current going to the battery, I only measure the primary current draw. a 7 strand SG with 20 gauge power and a 23 trigger will pull around 125 milliamps per strand or around 1 amp on the primary.

charging battery times vary, I cannot give you a number, I have seem 10 amp hour batteries charge in 3 hours with only 1 amp on the primary.

always run a multi strand coil if you can.

your charge current is controlled by your base resistance, not your coil length, increase the base resistance your primary current draw will go down. as your transistor will be on for a much shorter time.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
            X