Mobile Phone Access to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Access to forum

We understand that mobile phones are having trouble seeing the forum.

We are aware of this issue and are working on getting this resolved.

We'll post here when it is resolved.
    Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Please try with iphone. Should work fine - just tested it.

With android, not sure yet.
    Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Comment

Its working great for blackberry...

Thanks!

Luther

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        Please try with iphone. Should work fine - just tested it.

With android, not sure yet.
        Works great on iPhone now!

Thanks admin

John K.

Comment

Working on my Android! Thanks!

-Woody
          "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

some dramas logging in on my iphone, but can access the site at least now.

Comment

working on my iphone, thanks so much

Comment

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2. I find that the built-in browser is a problem sometimes, but when it works it shows the full webpage as you would see on a PC. With the Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Dolphin browser, I get to see the page format changed to make it easy to view on the phone, but also some icons that change the the view again if selected so that much is presented as an icon for easy selection.

Comment

The new forum works on my Android 2.3 tablet in both mobile and regular views.
                  I'm excited about this new forum. Thanks!

Comment

Forum Runner

There is a phone app called forum runner. We will look at activating the plugin here soon. It is recommended by vbulletin for surfing these forums with a mobile phone.
                    Admin
                    Energy Science Forum

Comment

Hi , My galaxy s2 is not able to see the forum now. I am using Dolphin browser but the stock one also loads a blank screen. The forum highjacks my browser an redirects me to the mobile site form the start even with the user agent set to desktop. That is highly annoying. I have no interest in using the forumrunner mobile app. Hopefully you can provide info on how to stop the redirect to the mobile site or make an adjustment. At the moment I just get a blank screen. Thanks for all the hard work setting up the forum.

Thanks,
                      al
                      Last edited by Allen R.; 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM. Reason: typo fix

Comment

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
                        Hi , My galaxy s2 is not able to see the forum now. I am using Dolphin browser but the stock one also loads a blank screen. The forum highjacks my browser an redirects me to the mobile site form the start even with the user agent set to desktop. That is highly annoying. I have no interest in using the forumrunner mobile app. Hopefully you can provide info on how to stop the redirect to the mobile site or make an adjustment. At the moment I just get a blank screen. Thanks for all the hard work setting up the forum.

Thanks,
                        al
                        Hi Al,

When you say it takes you to the mobile site, do you mean a mobile template for the forum? Let us know and we'll see what we can do.
                        Admin
                        Energy Science Forum

Comment

Hi , Admin. Sorry for the delay in responding. The Galaxy S2 was taking me to the mobile template. I have been calling it the mobile site for lack of knowing the correct terminology. This should not occur. The browser I am using allows the phone's browser to appear as a desktop to almost all websites. There are one or two that refuse to allow the desktop site using the "user agent" mask.

Right now if I load the site from my phone I get a blank white screen and the browser reports that the site is finished loading. This started less than a day before I posted the message above.

Thanks for the assistance.

al

Comment

Oh , I forgot. The "stock" browser also shows the blank screen. I think its version 2.3 android. The one that came on the phone.

al

Comment

Allen,

A work around was tried and it didn't work.

It was removed and now the iphone doesn't work either.

We apologize but it will have to remain this way until a later time.

IS ANYONE ELSE NO ABLE TO LOG IN WITH AN IPHONE?
                              Admin
                              Energy Science Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X