Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery charging...in parallel or in series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery charging...in parallel or in series?

Hello! I am currently charging 3 batteries at the same time with my SG device (5 filar; 1 trigger + 4 transistors 150 feet of 18 gauge litzed).

I remember seeing in the Energy from the Vacuum series that Tom Bearden and I think also JB said that the radiant energy did not care how many batteries were hooked up, or something like or I could be wrong about this.

Anyhow, For the last month I had the batteries hooked up in parallel, this way the voltage is the same for all of them. I saw somewhere maybe on this forum that you could also connect them in series. So I did it. Now each battery seem to take the radiant energy accordingly to its own capability. The voltage for each battery is between 12.8 and 14 volts. None shows the same voltage. The voltage at the SG Charging side reads about 40+ volts. The SG does not seem to mind.

Does anyone is doing this or have suggestions?
    Last edited by Fraulein; 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM.

Originally posted by Fraulein View Post

Hello! I am currently charging 3 batteries at the same time with my SG device (5 filar; 1 trigger + 4 transistors 150 feet of 18 gauge litzed).

I remember seeing in the Energy from the Vacuum series that Tom Bearden and I think also JB said that the radiant energy did not care how many batteries were hooked up, or something like or I could be wrong about this.

Anyhow, For the last month I had the batteries hooked up in parallel, this way the voltage is the same for all of them. I saw somewhere maybe on this forum that you could also connect them in series. So I did it. Now each battery seem to take the radiant energy accordingly to its own capability. The voltage for each battery is between 12.8 and 14 volts. None shows the same voltage. The voltage at the SG Charging side reads about 40+ volts. The SG does not seem to mind.

Does anyone is doing this or have suggestions?
    you are wasting your time with series batteries. you see each cell is a little bit different, and a higher voltage cell will contribute its voltage to a lower cell. they will spend a lot of time trading current.... the nature of pulse charging is that the battery rests between pulses. charge-relax-charge-relax-charge-relax........ if you have one cell or battery higher than the other, it will seek to equalise the lower cells. this results in poor charging, and you can very easily kill one or 2 batteries in your string, and degrade the rest.

I run 4 6 volt batteries in series on my little boats..... battery #3 in the string always dies first, and its always the center cell of battery 3 that shorts first. I have mitigated this some by rotating the batteries within the string.

run at 12 volts, run split diodes off each power strand so each battery is isolated to its own output. the way JB showed in his little forced oscillator. common ground off the negatives, but the diodes off the collector isolated from each other, each one attached to a single charge battery positive. this way they are isolated from each other, you can charge a bunch of batteries this way without the batteries stealing charge from each other.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      you are wasting your time with series batteries. you see each cell is a little bit different, and a higher voltage cell will contribute its voltage to a lower cell. they will spend a lot of time trading current.... the nature of pulse charging is that the battery rests between pulses. charge-relax-charge-relax-charge-relax........ if you have one cell or battery higher than the other, it will seek to equalise the lower cells. this results in poor charging, and you can very easily kill one or 2 batteries in your string, and degrade the rest.

I run 4 6 volt batteries in series on my little boats..... battery #3 in the string always dies first, and its always the center cell of battery 3 that shorts first. I have mitigated this some by rotating the batteries within the string.

run at 12 volts, run split diodes off each power strand so each battery is isolated to its own output. the way JB showed in his little forced oscillator. common ground off the negatives, but the diodes off the collector isolated from each other, each one attached to a single charge battery positive. this way they are isolated from each other, you can charge a bunch of batteries this way without the batteries stealing charge from each other.

Tom C
      Dear Tom

Could you please draw a circuit diagram to illustrate what you said?

Thanks

Comment

Liz,

this is the radiant oscillator thread, he talks about splitting off the diodes here
        http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sg...illator-4.html

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
        X