Wire length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire length

I am currently doing load testing on my vanilla ssg.

I want to build a second coil with heavyier wire. I have by chance a lot of 16ga. How long should my strands be?

i am using a 5ah fla motorcycle battery but would like to move up to a deep cycle and want to engener my coil accordingly.

Has anybody started a chart of some kind that shows the "general" coil specs in relationship to the amp hour rating of batteries?

It would sure be nice to have some kind of chart that we could refer to as our battery banks change size to help us get our coils in the correct range.

Originally posted by rbees View Post
    I am currently doing load testing on my vanilla ssg.

I want to build a second coil with heavyier wire. I have by chance a lot of 16ga. How long should my strands be?

i am using a 5ah fla motorcycle battery but would like to move up to a deep cycle and want to engener my coil accordingly.

Has anybody started a chart of some kind that shows the "general" coil specs in relationship to the amp hour rating of batteries?

It would sure be nice to have some kind of chart that we could refer to as our battery banks change size to help us get our coils in the correct range.
    Someone must know or at least could advise you. good luck with your work.

Comment

start with 150 AWG 18 wire 5 strands, 4 power 1 trigger. that is a standard coil for larger batteries. you will need a multi coil machine for a big bank.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
      X