Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took an old 6 volt golf cart battery and did the conversion to alum and I've had it running two 12 volt cpu fans and a small fm/am radio for days with the voltage only dropping about .01-.02 volts per day. The thing is solid and holds steady but that may just be because of the amp hours in it. Here's a video showing it:

Golf Cart Battery Converted from Acid to Alum - YouTube

I also just converted an old NAPA high performance car battery today. This thing has really thick lead plating in it not the kind you find in EverStart batteries. John is completely truthful about the EverStart plates being crap. I had it holding steady without a load on it at around 10 volts. I put the same two 12 volt cup fans on it and it's been running for nearly 3-4 hours and the voltage is down near 5 volts now with the load on it. I'm noticing a much bigger decline in voltage on the car battery with a load versus the golf cart battery.

I'm not certain if that type of voltage drop off was normal for these types of batteries, but it does seem gradual at least. I was hoping to be able to use these for some sort of solar setup, but it won't run the inverter long.

Comment

• John,
      Yes, I see what you mean, I have been scanning over the earth battery forum a little and I can see it was a challenge. I have not built the copper/Alum/magnesium yet, but I feel adding water to charge the battery is of extreme value.
      I learned on the Ferris wheel forum how hard it was to express the concepts in text like this. So for me your videos have taken my knowledge to a whole new level, I find them extremely valuable for clarification. Yes, make them as long as you want, I have no problem with that.

Thanks again John, No worries here....
      Les

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      LesK,
      No I understand all that but I thought you were have some problem with that monkey.
      Maybe I'm to serious about trying to get everybody to have success at something here. I know I could not get anywhere with the earth lights. I'm sorry but that monkey has been on my back for a long time in this field. Sorry Les.

Comment

• LesK,
        Yes I see what you mean about the water but I found that you do not need to add any if the cell locks it up. Your right it was very hard to get the concept right so everybody understands what was going on. I gave a warning in a nice manner to the Earth Lights group about Exothermic Reactions many people have lost eyesight with this type of reaction I really do not want to see anybody get hurt with what were doing here too. So I have said my piece and everybody should practice safety with Magnesium and anything like that. Chemical burns in your eyes do not go away and if salt is used where is the chlorine gas going. You will not know for several hours before you get sick and then it's to late, so just a warning be very careful with the experiments here with Lead. Or you really will have a monkey on your back forever.
        John Bedini
        My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

• @ John Bedini

Ok I think I figured out what the thick liquid is that you added to the alum water. Is it aluminium sulfate mixed with water of a neutral or slightly alkaline? Which then turns into aluminum hydroxide that turns into crystals in time. also the whole mix allows electrons to move back and forth freely. I'm I on the right track with this thinking?

Comment

• I'm uploading my 2nd alum battery discharge curve. I'm getting around 2AH out of it before it dips to 9V. It's a 4AH battery...so definitely not strong enough.

Here is the battery I have: Powersport Battery by GS Battery (part#CB4L-A) / Powersport Batteries

So is this an indication that I have don't enough alum in the mix...or is something else going on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alum Battery Discharge Curve 9.26.12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	44808

Comment

• Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
              I'm uploading my 2nd alum battery discharge curve. I'm getting around 2AH out of it before it dips to 9V. It's a 4AH battery...so definitely not strong enough.

Here is the battery I have: Powersport Battery by GS Battery (part#CB4L-A) / Powersport Batteries

So is this an indication that I have don't enough alum in the mix...or is something else going on?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]742[/ATTACH]
              Thats a beautiful Curve, I'll let John answer about the mix. Nice work.

Ben K4ZEP

Comment

• Branch, First of all Good work,
                If you would balance that it would show just a little differnt curve. I would say 1Ml of SO4 in each cell then mix by shaking the battery. Then charge and run the curve again you want the solution neutral. Not an acid or a base just balanced. I still see people using baking soda, do not do that you will plug the plates up. We want the SO4 to lock up in the Alum. That battery as you have it right now should run 50 super bright Led's easy providing you balance all the currents. My video is very long I made to show some things about what happens in the battery. But that curve looks real good, you should be able to take that battery down to less then 1 volt with out damage. Very nice curve
                John Bedini

Comment

• John, That is one thing I have always admired about you. You take concern where it counts.

Dollard once made an off handed comment that the unseen energy from the sun strikes something like a magnet and the magnet then puts out the magnetic field.
                  The Ferris wheel ties into the sixteen streams of the sun, but I still do not know what is meant by that, other than the lines drawn by Ed Leedskalnin on his plaque.
                  Am I off (as I usually am) out in left field to think that we are really looking at a chemistry that is receptive to this energy like a magnet but instead of flux the output is current flow or at least the battery can self charge from this energy?
                  This is what I believe is the foundation of where you started with a rock and little analog ammeter. Isn't the rock picking up the energy just like a magnet? thus the need for the crystal structure, or as in Barium, the right lattice?
                  I understand that is what Tom Bearden was talking about when he described an electret and cap in his book. But back then those electrets were barium. and I think that is why people can't reproduce those results because "they" took the barium out of those devices which changed the lattice. So if we can get the right lattice in our crystal alum batteries wouldn't that be more important than the right chemical reaction always attributed to typical battery chemical reactions?.... I don't know, but just thinking out loud here.

We know that people were active in the pyramids and they were lighted. we also know there was no soot on the walls. We know Tesla had placed globes on the ground and they glowed. We see the pictographs in the pyramids with globes on staffs and lines coming off the globes like light... I suspect the entire civilization lighted their homes this way in the presence of the pyramids. Something changed and Tesla was going to put it right. Thousands of machines would help, but nobody understands. The Mayan shaman don't think the calendar tells us the end of time as we have been told by our great illustrious archaeologists. They believe it tells them when they will be able to live their religion again(oppression gone). And that means very soon. Probably this year. It does not predict stupid politics. It tells of natural calamities, based on Stellar events. The only reason I post all this is to show I have some Idea of the pressure you must be under John.
                  So Although I am trying to have fun and joke around, I really do understand what sits before us.

Like you said, let's get this one right
                  Les

LesK,
                  Yes I see what you mean about the water but I found that you do not need to add any if the cell locks it up. Your right it was very hard to get the concept right so everybody understands what was going on. I gave a warning in a nice manner to the Earth Lights group about Exothermic Reactions many people have lost eyesight with this type of reaction I really do not want to see anybody get hurt with what were doing here too. So I have said my piece and everybody should practice safety with Magnesium and anything like that. Chemical burns in your eyes do not go away and if salt is used where is the chlorine gas going. You will not know for several hours before you get sick and then it's to late, so just a warning be very careful with the experiments here with Lead. Or you really will have a monkey on your back forever.

Comment

• Beginners luck Thanks for showing us all how to do this! I like having damage-less batteries!

I have just a few more questions if you don't mind:

1. SO4...am I needing to add 1ml of sulfuric acid, or actual sulfate? If it's sulfate...I'm not sure how to get that...? Sorry if any of these questions are totally ignorant...I'm learning as I go along here.

2. I'm confused why the curve looks so good if it's only lasting for 2AH. It's a 4AH battery. Will this improve after I add the SO4? Or do these Alum batteries not last as long as the lead acid?

3. How were you able to look at the curve and know to add 1ml SO4? I know it might just be through experience...but it would be good to know so that if I see one curve I know to add more alum, or if I see a different curve I know to add SO4.

This is actually the first curve I have ran EVER on ANY type of battery, haha, so I'm coming from a place of complete lack of experience.

Thanks again!

Branch

Branch, First of all Good work,
                    If you would balance that it would show just a little differnt curve. I would say 1Ml of SO4 in each cell then mix by shaking the battery. Then charge and run the curve again you want the solution neutral. Not an acid or a base just balanced. I still see people using baking soda, do not do that you will plug the plates up. We want the SO4 to lock up in the Alum. That battery as you have it right now should run 50 super bright Led's easy providing you balance all the currents. My video is very long I made to show some things about what happens in the battery. But that curve looks real good, you should be able to take that battery down to less then 1 volt with out damage. Very nice curve

Comment

• Can anyone point me in the direction of what program or instrament to use to chart these battery curves on my computer?
                      Thanks

Comment

• This is what I am using: West Mountain Radio - CBA III - Computerized Battery Analyzer

Originally posted by 11sprials11 View Post
                        Can anyone point me in the direction of what program or instrament to use to chart these battery curves on my computer?
                        Thanks

Comment

• Branch,
                          First of all you need to ask all the question you can about Crystal Cells. I have not really got into it yet here which would be solid state batteries.
                          I can look at your curve and see it's not quite balanced. I'm looking for the impedance switch in the curve. In the next video I'm going to point that out...... You need a syringe to draw some acid from another lead acid battery and place 1Ml in each cell, then charge to full. Then you use your charting equipment to follow the real world curve, meaning running a light bulb load or anything to take power from that battery. Then watch the curve again. The other thing is under a real world load the battery will follow a liner curve all the way down. The point then being, is the battery damaged and can it be recovered, lead acid maybe not, Alum yes. Why, because the sulphate is locked into the alum crystal between the plates. but what is that compound that the mixture is making? The answer to that question is Synthetic Zeolite, what does Zeolite do it traps things. So, Hydrates mixed with other Hydrates forms a Synthetic Zeolite so the Zeolite traps the SO4 in it's crystal. So lets take this further, The Zeolite is now electrical and can release the changed SO4 back into the water and your battery can charge back up and then discharge without damage as you can not sulphate the plates, watch the next video as boring as it is. If we all get better at this the batteries will last forever charging and discharging, and it can be done ( everything has already been done under the Sun on earth). The thing here is this is real advanced solid state in what is going on and I do not know all the answers yet. I can see what is happening by the cells I'm making and testing. I can not go into Marcus Reid here but just imagine electrons going around never ending supplying current the whole time, sailing ships never depleting the dipole, that is where we are going here. And since I moderate this I will not allow any nonsense. So I will take as much time as I need to, to explain the best as I can here. Everybody needs to think about what can be done if the energy we have today just vanished, light would be good for starters.
                          Knowledge is power and we need it
                          Last edited by John_Bedini; 09-27-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: edit
                          John Bedini

Comment

• Great explanation! Thanks for taking the time man...

I need to re-read that a few times and make sure I absorb everything before I ask some more questions. I actually have a bottle of sulfuric acid in the garage, left over from filling these batteries originally. I should be able to get the acid in this alum battery this evening, charge it up, and run another curve. I'll upload the results.

Something I was thinking about earlier...you mentioned that the balance has to be right...not to alkaline and not too acidic. This seems to me very similar to balancing a swimming pool I had to add muriatic acid to my pool this season as it became too alkaline. I'm wondering if it would be possible to stick a pool alkalinity tester in this battery once I get the curve right, and see what the results are? If so, that would give a more specific target to reach.

Branch,
                            First of all you need to ask all the question you can about Crystal Cells. I have not really got into it yet here which would be solid state batteries.
                            I can look at your curve and see it's not quite balanced. I'm looking for the impedance switch in the curve. In the next video I'm going to point that out...... You need a syringe to draw some acid from another lead acid battery and place 1Ml in each cell, then charge to full. Then you use your charting equipment to follow the real world curve, meaning running a light bulb load or anything to take power from that battery. Then watch the curve again. The other thing is under a real world load the battery will follow a liner curve all the way down. The point then being, is the battery damaged and can it be recovered, lead acid maybe not, Alum yes. Why, because the sulphate is locked into the alum crystal between the plates. but what is that compound that the mixture is making? The answer to that question is Synthetic Zeolite, what does Zeolite do it traps things. So, Hydrates mixed with other Hydrates forms a Synthetic Zeolite so the Zeolite traps the SO4 in it's crystal. So lets take this further, The Zeolite is now electrical and can release the changed SO4 back into the water and your battery can charge back up and then discharge without damage as you can not sulphate the plates, watch the next video as boring as it is. If we all get better at this the batteries will last forever charging and discharging, and it can be done ( everything has already been done under the Sun on earth). The thing here is this is real advanced solid state in what is going on and I do not know all the answers yet. I can see what is happening by the cells I'm making and testing. I can not go into Marcus Reid here but just imagine electrons going around never ending supplying current the whole time, sailing ships never depleting the dipole, that is where we are going here. And since I moderate this I will not allow any nonsense. So I will take as much time as I need to, to explain the best as I can here. Everybody needs to think about what can be done if the energy we have today just vanished, light would be good for starters.
                            Knowledge is power and we need it

Comment

• IOk thanks for your time.

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by 11sprials11 View Post
                                Can anyone point me in the direction of what program or instrament to use to chart these battery curves on my computer?
                                Thanks
                                One option is a Multimeter that can be hooked up to a computer. Radio shack sells one for around $70 US.
                                Also there is a West Mountain CBA tester available, CBA stands for coputerized battery analyzer
                                If you scroll back through this thread you will find links to both. They are both good, just depends on what you want to do.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X