X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominus
    replied
    Hi

I ordered a TST a while ago... mid July approximately. As I´m still waiting, I really have time to think about how it´s going to be...

Just wondering if I will need to put a second battery bank and a relay switching module between them and the inverter (Outback) for maximum desulph-rejuvenation benefits of the TRACKER, or if the 900Ahr bank can just stay connected as it is..
    Thanks,

D.

Leave a comment:

• GlenWV
    replied
    Greetings all:

Recently, my RC2A12 bit the dust so I figured to repair it. Ain't happening because it is potted. I get the reason for it, and agree. (right up to the point where I can't fix mine. ;-) go figure. )

A solar tracker seems to be a good replacement since it could be used with my solar panels, but I have some questions.

If a volt is a volt is a volt, can an external power supply be connected to the device without harming it so long as the current supplied is within the rating of the solar tracker?

The 'works' in these are probably potted, so are they repairable by the manufacturer? Repairable at all?

If not repairable, could future editions be constructed with replaceable modules?

My point is: everything breaks, eventually. Spare parts, or modules, would be handy. I worked the RC2A12 hard and it gave good service but, knowing me, whatever I replace the thing with is going to have to be fixed sometime.

Also, since I have setups of various voltages, will the 24 volt input solar tracker still operate with only a 12 volt input?

I appreciate your input and work on this forum,

glen

Leave a comment:

• orgazmosis
    replied
    yes i am interested in 48v TST

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoe777 View Post
    I'm talking about the way the batteries are each connected to a terminal block as illustrated in the picture. There are benefits in doing this with a conventional solar setup. What I was asking are those benefits not required with the tesla tracker technology.
    that way is still the best way. the important thing with terminal blocks and large wires is that everything is the same length. there is a lot of discussion on solar forums about battery cables routing. most of them have to do with where to put the positive and negatives from the panels so all batteries see the same thing.

Tom C

Leave a comment:

• Yoe777
    replied
    I'm talking about the way the batteries are each connected to a terminal block as illustrated in the picture. There are benefits in doing this with a conventional solar setup. What I was asking are those benefits not required with the tesla tracker technology.

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2148[/ATTACH]

This was the way I was going to setup my battery bank. With this Tesla Technology would it make the benefits of doing this obsolete?
    a bank of batteries is never obsolete. not sure what you are asking about that. as for an inverter, outback, zantrex, sunny boy and fronius all make excellent products. I have a 5kw fronius grid tied inverter. has wireless communications i can look at energy output from my phone or pc. if you are going off the gris you need a charge controller/inverter combo. outback is the way I would go...

Tom C

Leave a comment:

• Yoe777
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	batteries3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	45616

This was the way I was going to setup my battery bank. With this Tesla Technology would it make the benefits of doing this obsolete?

Leave a comment:

• Yoe777
    replied
    Tom C ... your at full PM storage capacity. What inverter would you recommend in a grid tied situation? And what would you recommend for a non grid tied situation?

Leave a comment:

• Tom C
    replied
    Why is just a 12v and 24v version of this tracker manufactured? Is there a benefit to going with 12v over 24v or vice versa? Why don't you create a 48v model to fit in with peoples existing installations?
    it is not that simple... my installation is 320 volts to the inverter. most small off the grid systems are 12 0r 24 volts, and panels come that way 12 or 24 volts. it is easy to size and install, higher voltage systems are not necessarily better as you have to step it down for appliances, etc. most rv and off the grid appliances run at 12 or 24 volts. most of the benefit comes from what you are designed for.. I would go 24 if I was starting from scratch with an otg setup as most appliances are available in 24 volt. you can also series more leds for lighting this way. Tom C

Leave a comment:

• Yoe777
    replied
    Why is just a 12v and 24v version of this tracker manufactured? Is there a benefit to going with 12v over 24v or vice versa? Why don't you create a 48v model to fit in with peoples existing installations?

Leave a comment:

• Authentic
    replied
    I am one of the customers who would really like to see a 48 volt charge controller. First I currently have about a 4.7 kilowatt system..... this was expensive.... but as of lately or right now you can buy solar panels for about .65-.69 cents a watt. That means about 4,000 dollars of solar panels will purchase a 6 kilo watt panel set. Being off grid in a cabin you can get away with little electricity, but if you have prepping communities or you have a shop you would like to insulate from the grid these larger systems are becoming very affordable.

When you get into larger systems the 48 volt system makes much more sense.....
    So for me.... I have a 48 volt system..... and its just not possible for me to use current models.
    I think making a 48 volt system would open the door to larger markets, the right marketing materials to professionals in the solar industry might go further than you think.

I am also working on a 48 volt golf cart making it solar.... I have an option for mounting roughly 300 watts of solar dirctly to the cart. This is enough in certain locations to allow the cart to travel 1 mile for every 30 to 45 minutes in peak sun light...... if this golf cart incorporated a tesla tracker at 48 volts.... the gold carts batteries would last much longer..... also durring the usage over time of the cart the cart would maintain peak power. I have a few business idea's and think this market could be large. Eventually the tracker package would need to be slimmed down a little for the golf cart industry...... but for my personal use I don't really care how it is.... I plan on making it work!

Great Tech Bendini.... thanks for not quitting and bringing your tech and understanding to market!

Shalom.... Look forwarding to seeing a 48 volt Tesla Tracker!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Wing
    replied
    Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Dave, why would you want to have a 48v version? Is it because you have 48v panels or are you thinking of running a 48v inverter?

John K.
    Hi John,

I have had a few customers request a 48 volt Tracker for house /cabins and Golf cart use. They find the 12 or 24 volt versions to be a slight inconvenience when charging or using their devices.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Mostie
    replied
    I would like one as well.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
    Hi all,

Just doing a feeler... Would there be any interest in a 48 volt Tesla Solar Tracker? If the answer is yes please reply here and let it be known.

Thank you,

Dave Wing
    Hi Dave, why would you want to have a 48v version? Is it because you have 48v panels or are you thinking of running a 48v inverter?

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by tesla View Post
    I don't understand why the price of 24A12 is almost $2000 and the price of S20A12 is $500 when the amperage is almost the same? I understand the convenience of 24 hour charging for a plug-in unit 24A12 versus a 12 hour charging with a solar panel for an S20A12. Is there any difference how well one or the other works/rejuvenates when compared to each other? Why such a dramatic difference of $1300 between the two devices?
    The 24A12 is not a solar unit and comes with its own power supply.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X