Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kromrey Disclosure - Bedini SG - Beyond the Advanced Handbook by Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorch View Post
    There does appear to be two types of ceramic magnets according to one manufacture that describes: "Strontium Ferrite (SrO.6Fe2O3) magnets and Barium Ferrite (BaO.6Fe2O3)
    magnets are the two types of ceramic Ferrite magnet. The Strontium Ferrite magnets are the most commonly manufactured due to having stronger magnetic properties.".

See: http://www.eclipsemagnetics.com/medi...tasheet_v1.pdf

They are BOTH 'ceramic magnets'

And in Peter's presentation of "beyond the advanced handbook" John points out that the magnets are very old and "dead" then Peter specifically says these are "Barium Ferrite magnets from the 1970s".

So I guess this project is on hold for now because I was planning on using the ceramic magnets I have on hand but most likely; these are Strontium Ferrite magnets and it appears that John is saying it's just doesn't work well unless Barium Ferrite magnets are used. Do not know why. Does John have an explanation for this?''

Maybe Tom does. Also seems that a Barium Ferrit magnet can be or should be "conditioned".
    See: http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/070904.htm

Also: Is there a test to CONFIRM a particular magnet is Barium Ferrite? How do we ensure a manufacturer is actually providing what we ordered if both types look the same?

Please respond.

Kindest regards;

}:>
    Hi Scorch,

I too have very old Magnets as old as JB's original experiment days(1984) I was 10 years of age then ..!!! yes 30 + years... Ring ceramic Magnets(Hard ferrite) that were bought for Magnetic Therapy for one of aunt she was told by the therapist to hold them in a perticular fashion for a period of time to get treated by it, also, A bottle of Water to be treated were kept on these Magnets rings.. to be 'Magnetically' excited (some how ..!) these Magnets seem to have become relatively weak over the years but have held on to their 'Charge' nevertheless..!! (recall JB saying A magnet once charged is for ever...)
    about conditioning of the Ba Fe Magnets..yes it is in how they are Polarized to give you a MONOPOLE geometry whilst using a single Magnet( a single Magnet is a Dipole)... the study remains one that i still ponder much on
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 10-04-2016, 11:06 PM.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by F.W.A.N.O. View Post
      Hi,

barium, strontium and other elements are also used to make colorful fireworks, so maybe grinding ferrite into
      fine dust and burning it with a high temperature torch (metal cutting torch for example) could possibly
      be helpful in determining barium or strontium content in the magnets.

Barium would give the flame green colour and strontium would make it red.

However, such testing would produce toxic fumes making the whole procedure a health hazard unless
      it's done in some kind of a sealed chamber (with the experimenter residing outside of it, obviously).

http://sciencenotes.org/firework-colors-chemistry/ <------- firework colors depending on the
      elements which are added to the ka-pow mixture.

Besides that, BaFe magnets are way weaker than the SrFe variety, especially the isotropic ones,
      while both varieties can be produced as isotropic or anisotropic.

It all depends on whether the ferrite dust is pressed while under the influence of a magnetic field
      which makes the magnet anisotropic (can be magnetized only in one direction), or without the initial
      magnetic field which leaves the grains unoriented, thus making the magnet isotropic (can be magnetized
      in any direction).

Not sure about the grade (grain size, etc.), but most barium magnets i've seen had a dull (non-shiny),
      gray-ish surface and more pronounced grains as opposed to strontium ones which are more shiny and towards
      a black shade of grey, but then again, i'm not a magnet expert...

Regards,
      f.w.a.n.o.
      Hi F.W.A.N.O,

Can this study be classified as among the Metallurgy ...???? i'm not sure!! but these various combination of doping in ferromagnetic materials, the process of thermal treatment, ect.. is altogether a specialized art, i'm surely not one though! any study gets intricate when one does a deep dive search!!
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.

Comment

fwanoFWANOfwanoFWANOfwano
        Last edited by F.W.A.N.O.; 02-28-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Last edited by F.W.A.N.O.; 02-28-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.W.A.N.O. View Post
            Hi, Faraday,

Not sure either if that's metallurgy, but the more we find out about interactions of certain materials and
            processes applied in the making of various compounds, the less it is a defined area of science (like metallurgy per se)
            and everything just seems to mutate into some kind of techno-alchemy...

Remember Tesla: The highest ideal of the human race would be to transform/create the matter itself purely
            by the influence of the mind.
            (But until that stage i would gladly settle for a "vta kitchen recipe").

Rgds.
            f.w.a.n.o.
            Hi F.W.A.N.O,

Thanks for that little quote of Tesla..Great thought indeed! Mind over Matter that is....
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just a question to any one about the sg in Peters presentation.Are the 2 motor coils been extended 1 inch like the generator coils ?And another question all the batteries are at 24 volt so that must mean 48 volt is charging 24 volt?
                  cheers jason

Comment

Hi Jason,
                    These are the two dual coils of what they call it as the full regauge, however it goes beyond this.i to have a hard time to figure itout.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by jason mcgrath View Post
                      Just a question to any one about the sg in Peters presentation.Are the 2 motor coils been extended 1 inch like the generator coils ?And another question all the batteries are at 24 volt so that must mean 48 volt is charging 24 volt?
                      cheers jason
                      Jason.

Yes the motor coils are also extended, its basically a Genny coil with a trigger winding added. and no its 24 volt charging. one bank of batteries rests after charging. the rotor magnets are triple stacked and captive in the assembly, the rotors were balanced to 3500 RPM also. if you download the presentation he explains it, he shows the switching pattern.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                        Jason.

Yes the motor coils are also extended, its basically a Genny coil with a trigger winding added. and no its 24 volt charging. one bank of batteries rests after charging. the rotor magnets are triple stacked and captive in the assembly, the rotors were balanced to 3500 RPM also. if you download the presentation he explains it, he shows the switching pattern.

Tom C
                        Thanks Tom
                        Do you know what gauge wire on the motor coils and the generator coils they used?
                        jason

Comment

Originally posted by jason mcgrath View Post
                          Thanks Tom
                          Do you know what gauge wire on the motor coils and the generator coils they used?
                          jason
                          8 strands 18 for the genny coils add a strand of 20 for the trigger. you actually get more turns with fewer strands. the ones I made for myself are 4 strands of 18, I like how they work. I have the wood coil holders, and I can print the spools also. let me know what parts you need. Erik and I fabbed the parts for peter, it was his configuration.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                            8 strands 18 for the genny coils add a strand of 20 for the trigger. you actually get more turns with fewer strands. the ones I made for myself are 4 strands of 18, I like how they work. I have the wood coil holders, and I can print the spools also. let me know what parts you need. Erik and I fabbed the parts for peter, it was his configuration.

Tom C
                            Thanks for that .How do i order your 3d printed coils and wooden coil holders.Then i could actually see the size of them.
                            cheers jason

Comment

Hi All,
                              Didn't PL say that the ultrafast diode being used in the vid was MUR360.
                              If so, is there a source.
                              I've been able to locate surface mount only which is MUR360S.

Thanks,
                              bro d

Comment

Hi Bro,

Actually it was MUR 3060.

I ordered mine from https://www.newark.com/multicomp/mur...SX9OfOaXwfE%3D

Comment

Working...
                                X