Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    What kind of no back emf generator would you use?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    started a topic Peter Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor

Peter Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor

Hi All,

I have decided to replicate Peter Lindemann's Rotary Attraction Motor. This design has always fascinated me, so I decided to replicate it. It's a no BEMF design and can be seen on the "Energeticforum Y-tube Channel" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F39DaTXC7E and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNa_jryP8MY . If I can get good results I would like to try driving a no-BEMF generator with it.

I just started the build last week with an old DC motor I had lying around. It will probably take me a few weeks to get it finished. Here's a few photos of my first progress. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	51375 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01281.jpg
Size:	1,000.3 KB
ID:	51376 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01282.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	51377

I removed the windings from the rotor, removed the brushes, and shaved the rotor down to match the stator width. Upon energizing the coils, it pulls the rotor into alignment with a fair amount of force. The original motor was rated at 1/10th HP, 7000 RPM, 12.5 Amps, and 12 Volts. I removed the gear reduction from it as it was originally designed to power a wheel chair.

I experimented a little with magnets on a cast pulley and reed switches, but wasn't happy with the inconsistent results. I plan on using a hall switch arrangement instead, as I've achieved good results with that on one of my SSGs. And I may go to a non-magnetic flywheel as well. I want to be able to control timing and pulse width. I will be capturing the coil collapse with a fast diode and experimenting with various uses of the recovered energy.
Working...
X