Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the magnets grade, I tried to find some magnets available in area where I live (Romania), and I found a company that sell some ferrite magnets close to dimension given in the book....

I asked them about grade C8 and they told me about F30 type .Can somebody enlighten me what kind of grade means this F30 type?

Thanks

Comment

Dow we know if there is a difference in the amount of copper coating of the R 45 gas rod vs the R 60 gas rod??? or is it only different tensile strengths of the rods and also taking into account that rusty rods of the same steel will also work just as well.

I plan to also use the rods to solder stuff to and use them as a conducting wire.

thanks,
      Richard

Comment

Originally posted by AMPPMEUPP View Post
        Dow we know if there is a difference in the amount of copper coating of the R 45 gas rod vs the R 60 gas rod??? or is it only different tensile strengths of the rods and also taking into account that rusty rods of the same steel will also work just as well.

I plan to also use the rods to solder stuff to and use them as a conducting wire.

thanks,
        Richard
        you cant solder with steel rods, its steel. you can weld. they dont work as well as copper for electrical connections. the copper thickness does not matter, its in the mils..... the difference in the rods is minute in terms of composition. I dont think rusty rods do work as well, because they continue to rust and eventually the core gets shorts internally.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
          Regarding the magnets grade, I tried to find some magnets available in area where I live (Romania), and I found a company that sell some ferrite magnets close to dimension given in the book....

I asked them about grade C8 and they told me about F30 type .Can somebody enlighten me what kind of grade means this F30 type?

Thanks
          Zhejiang, China (Mainland)
          ZH
          F30*20*6mm
          Permanent
          Ferrite Magnet
          Block
          Industrial Magnet
          Ferrite Magnet
          Permanent
          Y30BH
          F30*20*6mm

C8 is the gauss rating, the F30 is the magnet size. that is the difference, those should work alright for you.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            you cant solder with steel rods, its steel. you can weld. they dont work as well as copper for electrical connections. the copper thickness does not matter, its in the mils..... the difference in the rods is minute in terms of composition. I dont think rusty rods do work as well, because they continue to rust and eventually the core gets shorts internally.

Tom C
            Thanks for the answer... in the meantime I received another answer from the company so the F30 is not the dimension... F30 is the characteristic of magnetization

F30 means (BH)max >26 kj/m3
            magnetisation grade -3800 Gauss
            Coercivity- min 180 kA/m

Comment

Thanks for the answer... in the meantime I received another answer from the company so the F30 is not the dimension... F30 is the characteristic of magnetization

F30 means (BH)max >26 kj/m3
              magnetisation grade -3800 Gauss
              Coercivity- min 180 kA/m
              hmm ok anyway those will work for you.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post

Tom C
                ok wait I read that wrong, I thought you were going to try and use it for solder you think I am fairly silly right now but believe me it would not be the first time someone has tried to use it for solder..... on another forum... a while ago.
                nevermind.
                Tom C

Comment

Built by (bedinisg) ebook, Thank you ,JB,Peter and Aaron!
                  Hi Everyone, looking for next step if this ssg is working ok!
                  This is the first picture I posted, so I hope it will show up here
                  Is there anything else I need to tell about my machine to get to the next step?
                  Ok Peter and Aaron , let's go.

24 magnents on 25'' wheel measured the way the bedinisg ebook shows
                  spacing between each magnents worked out to be 2 1/2 inches
                  north pole facing coil on all magnents
                  winding on coil is 36 inches shorter then 130 feet , because I ran out of wire (that sucks)
                  attraction mode
                  good bearing, didn't check spin time, because bedinisg ebook never asked to check
                  used 12volt 26ah SLA 1146 batteries
                  input amp draw 2amps (I think this is way two high)
                  output amp draw 1.2amp (I don't know what this should be)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ssg view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	45184

Name:	ssg high amp draw.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	45183
                  Last edited by powermanch; 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

It looks like more load lowers amp draw

Name:	more load 1.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	45186

Name:	more load2.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	45187

How does scope shot look? Is it the one we are looking for?

Name:	scope shot.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	45188

Thank you for having a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by powermanch View Post
                      Hi everyone,

It looks like more load lowers amp draw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1339[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1340[/ATTACH]

How does scope shot look? Is it the one we are looking for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1341[/ATTACH]

Thank you for having a look at this.
                      you need to change your final base resistor so you get around 1 amp...., current draw is too hi on the primary. we dont care about secondary amp draw. take your meter out, we want a currentless. charge. dont run with the meter on the primary either, switch it in and out, or use a DC current clamp.

and yes your scope shot looks fine.

Tom C

Tom C

Comment

Hi Tom C,

Thank you for your update!!!

I have remove all amp meters, and installed a final base 1k pot , ( I think thats what you meant)
                        Now testing with a clamp on meter, and it is one that we can trust,
                        I have removed the red fan that was not asked for in the bedini ebook. (sorry about that) But that machine can do work,
                        the best sweet spot I can find is what you see in that picture, if I go lower with amp draw, it slows down, (too much),
                        RPM is now 259

Tom C thanks again!!!
                        let me know mine next move, Please!

Name:	lower amp update.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	45189

Comment

My intention is to using more than 130 ft of wires on my SSG coil;i understand this is more beneficial for COP of the device.
                          So my question is, the resistors from the base transistors need to be changed?
                          If I decide to change them how to find the proper resistors? Need to tune one power coil first
                          (without other six coils connected at the power source ) ,find the proper resistors and after that to mount the same value of the resistors at the remaining coils?

Comment

My intention is to using more than 130 ft of wires on my SSG coil;i understand this is more beneficial for COP of the device.
                            So my question is, the resistors from the base transistors need to be changed?
                            If I decide to change them how to find the proper resistors? Need to tune one power coil first
                            (without other six coils connected at the power source ) ,find the proper resistors and after that to mount the same value of the resistors at the remaining coils?
                            I would keep it to 130 ft with the same size wire as the book describes and the same quantity of power windings - 7. Those specs are what are used in the models that are tested at John's and are proven.
                            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by powermanch View Post
                              Built by (bedinisg) ebook, Thank you ,JB,Peter and Aaron!
                              Hi Everyone, looking for next step if this ssg is working ok!
                              This is the first picture I posted, so I hope it will show up here
                              Is there anything else I need to tell about my machine to get to the next step?
                              Ok Peter and Aaron , let's go.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1333[/ATTACH]
                              Hi Powermanch,

Congratulations on being the first to post a build based on the recommendations in the book!

Yes on what Tom said - and adjust the base resistance.
                              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your interest in my work And Tom C Thank you for telling me to remove amp meters and adding pot

I updated my wire connection with a solder gun to get closer to 1 amp draw.
                                I downloaded the bedinisg ebook again, and found that it was updated on January 7 2013 ,good stuff!

Name:	update connectins.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	45191

I am not good with reading scope meters , what volt spike do i get?

Comment

Working...
                                X