Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potentiometer and Replacement Resistor Wattage

Hi,

I am in the process of nailing down the proper resistance in the SSG circuit and wondered when replacing the potentiometer (hopefully with that thumbwheel switch decade resistance box Barrie posted about) if it was okay to use 1/2 watt resistors or is it better to use 2 watt resistors? Was wondering why the potentiometer is supposed to be 2 watt and the R1 resistor is 1/2 watt?

Thanks,

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Swanson View Post
    Hi,

I am in the process of nailing down the proper resistance in the SSG circuit and wondered when replacing the potentiometer (hopefully with that thumbwheel switch decade resistance box Barrie posted about) if it was okay to use 1/2 watt resistors or is it better to use 2 watt resistors? Was wondering why the potentiometer is supposed to be 2 watt and the R1 resistor is 1/2 watt?

Thanks,

Mike
    you can use a half watt for a single transistor Vanilla SG. as you step up the current because of adding transistors, you will need higher wattage resistors. personally I just use the 2 watt resistors, they are not much more expensive.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      you can use a half watt for a single transistor Vanilla SG. as you step up the current because of adding transistors, you will need higher wattage resistors. personally I just use the 2 watt resistors, they are not much more expensive.

Tom C
      Ok, thanks Tom!

Comment

Working...
      X