No announcement yet.

Pastor Gordon's First try at Bedini Energizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I could use something like THIS to measure current and voltage???
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Comment

Hi Guys,

As I write this my SSG is running about 300RPM in radiant mode from one 35AH automotive battery and charging a 40AH battery while also lighting 84 LEDs from genny coils. Just out of curiosity, I hooked my o-scope up with the channel 1 probe hooked to the positive post of the run battery, and the channel 2 probe hooked to the negative post of the charge battery. The ground lead of the o-scope is hooked to the 3-way junction of the 7 power coil leads, the run battery positive cable, and the charge battery negative cable. This allows me to see the instantaneous voltage drop across each cable as its running. I also checked the "steady state" voltage drop across the same places with a digital VOM. All the leads are #10 stranded wire.

What I found was very interesting! The o-scope shows a positive voltage spike across the negative charge battery lead of +10.2 volts and -7.2 volts across the positive run battery lead. The VOM shows a +4.5 mv drop across the negative charge battery lead and a +5.0 mv drop across the positive run battery lead. When the analog ammeter is momentarily switched into the negative run battery lead it reads about .9 amps, and causes the voltage spikes on the scope to drop to 6 volts on the charge battery negative lead and -6 volts on the positive run battery lead.

The voltage spikes must be the radiant pulse going both ways from the top of the coils attempting to charge the run battery as well as the charge battery. The spike shown on the run battery is in opposition to the measured current flow just like John always said. And the spike measures much higher voltage than what the VOM shows and is opposite polarity on the run battery! The radiant is also greatly diminished with the inclusion of the ammeter in the run battery lead. You can also detect a change in sound pitch of the machine when the ammeter is switched in.

My conclusion is that the circuit works best without any meters, the radiant goes everywhere in the circuit, and the lower you can keep the impedance the better it works. Again, this is what John has always told us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08874.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	48931 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08875.jpg
Size:	988.2 KB
ID:	48932 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08876.jpg
Size:	973.9 KB
ID:	48933 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08877.jpg
Size:	1,002.9 KB
ID:	48934 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08878.jpg
Size:	1,002.6 KB
ID:	48935
      Last edited by Gary Hammond; 07-03-2016, 07:48 PM. Reason: add photos

Comment

Two more photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08879.jpg
Size:	972.4 KB
ID:	48936 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08880.jpg
Size:	1,002.4 KB
ID:	48937

Comment

I found it!!!! I think....

Take a look at THIS meter, it is able to use a completely separate power source so that it doesn't interfere with your readings. I think it may do what Im looking for, not sure...

I know, its best to not use a meter at all, but I like them lol. However, I still want the best performance from my machine...

What do you think about this meter?

Comment

Hi Pastor Gordon --

Even though this meter appears to be a great meter that does everything it hooks inline with the negative and positive
            leads of the battery. This will really degrade the performance of the SG Machine and with the up to 300 volt spikes coming
            off the coil I would say it might last about 2 to 3 hours before it burnt up and and quit working. I used a meter of this type
            before and it only measured just the voltage and it burnt up after a few hours of use.

-- James

Originally posted by Pastor Gordon View Post
            I found it!!!! I think....

Take a look at THIS meter, it is able to use a completely separate power source so that it doesn't interfere with your readings. I think it may do what Im looking for, not sure...

I know, its best to not use a meter at all, but I like them lol. However, I still want the best performance from my machine...

What do you think about this meter?

Comment

Originally posted by James McDonald View Post
              Hi Pastor Gordon --

Even though this meter appears to be a great meter that does everything it hooks inline with the negative and positive
              leads of the battery. This will really degrade the performance of the SG Machine and with the up to 300 volt spikes coming
              off the coil I would say it might last about 2 to 3 hours before it burnt up and and quit working. I used a meter of this type
              before and it only measured just the voltage and it burnt up after a few hours of use.

-- James
              ok I decided that Ill simply put my meters on toggle switches so that I can flip a switch, check how much the battery has charged/discharged, and then flip it off again. I guess that's the best way to have it no matter what kind of meters I use...

Comment

ok, I have a serious problem now... I unhooked all the meters, and when I started the wheel up again, it ran really really fast for a minute, and then seemed to shut down. It will currently run, however, its only turning at around 250 rpm's and the coil itself is getting extremely hot! Any real adjustment on the POT makes it stop running, it will only run if its turned all the way up. And you can hear the pulses going through the coil... What happened??? All I did was unhook the meters and made it all direct connect with no meters at all.

Comment

Hi PG,

Sounds like your pot may have shorted out.

Getting rid of all the extra impedance from the meters probably allowed extra current to flow everywhere in the circuit, causing the wheel to speed up til the low wattage pot shorted out. Hope it didn't take any transistors or coil windings with it!

Check each transistor and each coil independently for shorts and opens. If they are ok, put the 470 ohm base resistors back in and replace the pot with a 10 to 25 watt 100 ohm rheostat. This is the one I use. http://www.newark.com/ohmite/rhs100e...25w/dp/64K5742

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                    Hi PG,

Sounds like your pot may have shorted out.

Getting rid of all the extra impedance from the meters probably allowed extra current to flow everywhere in the circuit, causing the wheel to speed up til the low wattage pot shorted out. Hope it didn't take any transistors or coil windings with it!

Check each transistor and each coil independently for shorts and opens. If they are ok, put the 470 ohm base resistors back in and replace the pot with a 10 to 25 watt 100 ohm rheostat. This is the one I use. http://www.newark.com/ohmite/rhs100e...25w/dp/64K5742
                    OK, I found a POT I think will work... take a look at it for me.

Also, would I benefit from going to a higher watt resistor??? Like 2 watt resistors? Or stick with 1/2 or 1 watt?

Comment

• Hi PG,

Originally posted by Pastor Gordon View Post
                      OK, I found a POT I think will work... take a look at it for me.

Also, would I benefit from going to a higher watt resistor??? Like 2 watt resistors? Or stick with 1/2 or 1 watt?
                      Yeah; that pot should work just fine!

One watt, 470 ohm resistors are what Teslagenx supplies with their kits; which is what I have. Two watt or more ones will also work, but may cost a little more. One watt is really all you need in addition to the 25 watt pot.

Are your transistors and coil still ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                        Hi PG,

Are your transistors and coil still ok?

I haven't tore it down to check it yet... maybe tonight or tomorrow. Got a lot going on other than this

Comment

• Hi PG,

I won't be on here much the next few days as I'm leaving early in the morning for the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                            Hi PG,

I won't be on here much the next few days as I'm leaving early in the morning for the conference.
                            That's awesome! Wish I could go! I hope you enjoy it greatly, and learn a BUNCH!
                            Make sure you take a lot of notes, and PICTURES to share with us

Comment

• I have good news and bad news...

The good news is that the coil is OK. No shorts, and no dead wires... it checked out just fine. Each wire other than the trigger is sitting right at 1.9 Ohms. I guess that's OK cause that's what it read when I first made it lol.

However, after de-soldering EVERYTHING, I found 1 transistor that was completely shorted out. Luckily (I thought) I had a spare I installed the spare, re-soldered everything back together (with 470 Ohm resistors and no POT) and started it up. It ran... but not well. Even after hooking up the POT I couldn't get it to go over 255 RPM's. I checked each collector with my meter to see what it was outputting before it went through the diode. The newly installed (spare) transistor was reading 12.8 V, however, ALL of the other transistors were reading 430 mV! So Im guessing that even though they weren't completely shorted out, they were still fried! That really sucks!

Whats you guys take on those cheap, Chinese transistors? Has anyone used them? I avoided them when I bought mine last year, but I found them extremely cheap (If Im willing to wait a month to get them lol...) Im just wondering if anyone has had any experience using them...

Im ordering new stuff tonight... but this really blows...

On a side note:
                              Gary, (And anyone else attending) I hope you enjoy that conference! If I could be there I would be. Im too busy taking care of my wife at the moment though, shes getting ready for a pretty serious surgery in a week or so and is suffering through a lot of pain until then. They are removing a tumor from her pancreas. It is benign, but still causing a lot of pain and will eventually kill her due to its growth and location if they don't get it out. At the moment, shes on temporary disability, fixing to be on long term... I am permanently disabled as many here know, and I do not preach for money (Pastor Gordon isn't just my screen name )... So if any of you guys are the praying type, please pray for my wife Elizabeth. She is having the Whipple Surgery on the 20th.

Comment

• Hi Pastor Gordon,

On a side note:
                                Gary, (And anyone else attending) I hope you enjoy that conference! If I could be there I would be. Im too busy taking care of my wife at the moment though, shes getting ready for a pretty serious surgery in a week or so and is suffering through a lot of pain until then. They are removing a tumor from her pancreas. It is benign, but still causing a lot of pain and will eventually kill her due to its growth and location if they don't get it out. At the moment, shes on temporary disability, fixing to be on long term... I am permanently disabled as many here know, and I do not preach for money (Pastor Gordon isn't just my screen name )... So if any of you guys are the praying type, please pray for my wife Elizabeth. She is having the Whipple Surgery on the 20th.
                                I'm writing this from a motel room in Gillette, WY which is about 100 miles past halfway of my trip to the conference. I just lifted you and your wife both up in prayer, and will continue to do so. That sounds like a very serious and risky surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X