BobZilla's Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guy,
    Yea the S-Pole had a little to do with it because it gives a short on time and the magnets themselves have such a narrow field. I think basically when lined up perfectly it is just pulling down on it rather than from the side so it wouldn't create much spin that way. The wheel is pretty heavy when you consider not only the aluminum but 16 magnets and the axle as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear in the video but it does run on 12V after I made that advance, it just would not run when all lined up. It runs much better on 24v though. It will probably take me months to figure out how to run this machine the best. I have thought about bringing that advance back a bit because the24v doesn't need it as much.

Those coil holders are TeslaGenX, just painted them black. I like the natural wood but on this machine It thought it would look nice to have a black and white contrast.

By the way a HUGE THANK YOU to Tom and Erik for all of their help. The machine's frame is my own design but the boards and coils are all standard TeslaGenX.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      Hi Guy,
      Yea the S-Pole had a little to do with it because it gives a short on time and the magnets themselves have such a narrow field. I think basically when lined up perfectly it is just pulling down on it rather than from the side so it wouldn't create much spin that way. The wheel is pretty heavy when you consider not only the aluminum but 16 magnets and the axle as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear in the video but it does run on 12V after I made that advance, it just would not run when all lined up. It runs much better on 24v though. It will probably take me months to figure out how to run this machine the best. I have thought about bringing that advance back a bit because the24v doesn't need it as much.

Those coil holders are TeslaGenX, just painted them black. I like the natural wood but on this machine It thought it would look nice to have a black and white contrast.

By the way a HUGE THANK YOU to Tom and Erik for all of their help. The machine's frame is my own design but the boards and coils are all standard TeslaGenX.
      Hi Bob,
      that is pretty cool:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob's-Run.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	46900
      I like it! I didn't appreciate the "curve" as much until I clicked back and forth and overlapped them.
      KR - Patrick A

PS - I like the long videos... either way - thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi Bob,

I liked the videos.

Which mode were you running in? I assume it was radiant mode?

Comment

Hi guys,,

Glad you enjoyed the vids.

Gary that was mode 1. What I am finding out is that these multi-coil setups like to be setup for one mode or another and one voltage or another. I have got the machine to run in every kind of configuration but it takes tinkering with the gap or the advance etc.. I thought when I built it that I would be able to just switch around because on my smaller machines I could quite easily but I think with this one I will have to decide how it should run and then stick with it. Then again I do have 4 more coils on the way so that might change everything.

Patrick I appreciate your mirroring that chart, it doesn't look half bad does it,, I hardly noticed myself. I am going to try and get a run in tonight, a full run so we can really see a good chart. It may not work out because i have to go to work in the morning and if it is sort of close I will not be able to leave it running al day like I did with that last one. Because of the timing involved here I will probably do a fairly hot run like 3A or so against just two on the back. If I can't get a good run to post I will do one on the weekend when I have time to fool with it.

Comment

*edit*
            double posted
            Last edited by BobZilla; 02-12-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I still cannot add pictures, don't know why because they are the same size and format as I have always used here.

Anyway I am going to link these from my cloud storage instead but if a forum admin is reading can you look into the upload issue.

Charge:
              https://files.secureserver.net/0sFk5M8j8MMSoY

Primary:
              https://files.secureserver.net/0s6aZ5dSwoAJyt

Comment

once you get a good 24v to 24v run charted id love to see a chart with 36v input and 12v on the charging side, hooked up like this - http://overunity.com/13393/desulfato...121489/image//

Comment

I just checked your profile there is nothing there that would not allow you to post, since the forum was migrated there may be a few glitches to work out.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Name:	One_bubble_memory_track_and_loop.jpg
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	46902
                    One_bubble_memory_track_and_loop.png
                    pic insert ck

Comment

Here is a picture of the error....

https://files.secureserver.net/0s2fUKqyTyv1gC

Tom do you know if there are size or resolution restrictions with the new forum?

Originally the files were larger so I tried making them smaller but it was the same result so that was when Ilinked the small ones externally. I remember while back Aaron did something to fix this same kind of thing. It's not that big of a deal to me since I can post links to them but it is just nicer when they get embedded into the post as an image.
                      Last edited by BobZilla; 02-13-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Name:	public_file_binary.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	46903Click image for larger version

Name:	public_file_binary (1).jpg
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	46904
                        BOBZILLA pics

Comment

as far as I know there is a 740 by 480 limit I think. but I do know Patrick a while back had this problem I think, I do not know how it got fixed.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks for uploading those Guy

Anyone having this problem, there is a fix. Ian (Peth) solved it in his post about transistor matching.

Hi Bob,
                            Yes it was a bit of a pain for as I have not been on forums for a while click in the immage icon that brings up a box with options, in the bottom right hand corner there is a "basic uploader" that is what I ended up using.

Ian

Comment

Hello everyone,

Today I am posting a cap-dump run I did. This was 24v on the front and 12v on the back. The charge target was one of my 75AH AGM's. I state in the video that those 75AH batteries are normally charged in mode 1 so I expect there is a bit of an internal fight going on in the battery switching back to POS current. The run is not all that efficient when you consider it had 24v on the front however I know I can improve on it. I had not done any cap-dumps with the new system until this video, only a few short tests to calibrate my dump time and input.

I could change things up quite a bit if I want too. The input was at 1 and a half amps from the primary. The cap was set to be off for 600ms and on for 150ms which made the complete cycle three quarters of a second. This produced about a 30 volt dump which discharges to about 20v before cycling again. All of this info is in the video below but I am typing it in here for those who cannot download the video or don't care too.

Here are the charts:

Name:	4C_run2_c.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	46936

Name:	4C_run2_p.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	46937

And a video of the run in progress:
                              https://files.secureserver.net/0snBejkOeuubim

Comment

Hi Bob - Good mornin' to you.
                                what a radical line on the primaries... what is the combined amp hours on them. I imagine you mention in the vid I'm downloading now... :-)
                                KR- Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X