No announcement yet.

8 transistor Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's "crazy" cool about it to me is in the second charge you only went to 13.7 compared to the first 13.9, however the 2nd discharge looks like it is holding on stronger/longer to the 13.1. Many more runs will work it out eh...
    - Patrick

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
    Nice work!
    I like the Red on LED and the Blue discharge, very cool.
    You make me wish I had a super pole configuration that I could run side by side w/ the one have have on the bench for some experiments.
    That's a crazy looking curve you have there. Looks like 1:1.5?
    Cool
    Patrick A.

Comment

These were pretty short tests but I would say I was getting at least 1 to 1 out of it. Also that was with those clunky bearings which I have fixed now so I should get better results.

I appreciate your interest by the way. Often times I log in and it seems nobody cares.

This was gen mode which seems to be a bit easier to pull off runs like this with. Given the inductive nature of this charge I wonder if the normal wheel would do better, fatter periods of induction. I have both types of wheels which could be mounted on this system but of course it's a two coiler and those can be a bear to get lined up properly. The super pole wheel is not the same diameter at the magnet face as the regular so I cannot just slip one off and slip the other on without re-doing the gaps.

I am running it in mode one right now on a garden battery and it is doing pretty darn good. I think this machine will really shine in gen mode however because of the smaller wheel I can get crazy RPM's, I measured about 800 rpm on a 1A draw when I was tuning the gaps. I tell you what else makes a huge difference is that POT is a 10 turn wire wound unit. It is very precise, expensive but well worth the extra money.

I may do another series of runs like I did previously with equal amounts on the load and charge but do more of them. I would say if we could do a larger number al in a row and come out at the end with the same voltage as the start then it would show at least a 1 to 1.

Comment

Hi Bobzilla , Thanks for posting your work. I read it and view it. Like Min2oly's work I try to learn something from it. You guys are just about the only ones still willing to post advanced work. It is appreciated.

al

Comment

I agree completely with Allen, Thank you guys. I don't post much but I do check every evening to see and hopefully learn from you guys that are still sharing.

Originally posted by Allen R. View Post
          Hi Bobzilla , Thanks for posting your work. I read it and view it. Like Min2oly's work I try to learn something from it. You guys are just about the only ones still willing to post advanced work. It is appreciated.

al

Comment

Thanks guys!

It means a lot to have someone comment. I don't mean that it has to be some big debate and I'm not asking for anyone to stroke my ego either. It is just awkward when you take the time to post video's, make comments, post charts, then wait for feedback and it's just the crickets.. It just kind of makes you wonder why the heck do you bother, it's like talking to yourself when nobody has anything to say about it. So I do appreciate your participation. Feel free to jump in at any time if you have questions, observations, suggestions, criticism, whatever you want to say.

This particular thread would have been a gold mine to me back when I first started learning. I am not saying that Brian or Allen are "just learning" I am speaking in a general sense about the group. We used to get the occasional short video that was like 30 seconds long of some machine running with little to no explanation. I have tried to shown both Solid State, modified Solid state with Patrick's CPD, A new method with the micro controller, now the same board running a wheel in generator mode, mode 1, various spike tuning, a 1 to 1 charge, you see where I am going with that. A lot of useful info,, especially for beginners so that they can see an example of something that works and a guy explaining to them HOW it works. I am not the only one, Patrick has been generously sharing his work for many years and I am forever grateful to him for that. Most of all Mr. Bedini himself made HIS idea's available to all of us and in that spirit I try to continue with my work in the same spirit. Sharig and participation is the only way this moves forward.

Ok I'm done ranting,, thanks for enduring that ;-)

I will be showing some more runs soon.

Comment

Well i would like to chime in here bobzilla and validate all that you patrick and a host of others do and have done including errfinder i spent months reading here and watching all the vids many were posting and its sensational what you guys share even if i dont fully understand it ....im not even in crawl mode still rolling around om my belly but i have the bug lol ...although i do not have lots of time for bench work due to other commitments which hopefully will change in the future
              keep up the great work it does get watched even if noone is commenting i have not posted much because i haven the experience yet but ill get there cheers......Pat m

Comment

Thank you Pat.

You don't have to be an old pro to participate so always feel free to jump in with any comments you may have. I do this for guys like you if you think about it so I want you to participate. Once you get some experience you will help the next new guy and so on and so on.

Comment

Ok guys I have the next set of runs I promised.

These are basically the same as the other gen mode runs accept I used a garden battery and did 10 watt hour load and charge periods because of it being a smaller battery.

Also this is with the bearings problem worked out so these runs look a bit better than the other.

Below is the final chart which shows three loads and three charges with rest periods between each. Then at the end I topped the battery up fully to show what a full curve would have looked like if it were allowed to run past the 10 watt hour in the experiment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10wh_Run.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	46404

And also a video of the run in progress, this one is a bit long but it shows each start/stop of the loads and charges and you can see the chart as it was getting created. Thanks for the support guys,, Enjoy

https://files.secureserver.net/0swh04ypXI4O52

Comment

Hi Bob,

Good work!

Interesting set of back to back runs. I wonder if maybe some of the change in the slope of both the charge curves and discharge curves might be due to some conditioning of the charge battery taking place, i.e. a slight drop in internal impedance. How long has that garden battery been sitting since last being cycled?

It looks like the run battery was holding up really well and maybe taking some back charge as you speculated, but the run battery was not being fully recharged each time, which would indicate a COP of a little less than 1. The charge battery may need more conditioning?

Comment

Hi Bobzilla. I don't chart my runs or check to cop of the system. My work has been mode one to desulphate more than anything. Many , many batteries have been put back to service this way and saved me much money for my business. That said I want to interpret the chart correctly so here goes.

The battery is increasing in its ability to deliver energy after each run. Charging doesn't peak as high each time as the capacity of the battery is restored. That is what I think I am seeing. These runs are for cop or to show the capacity increase without charging longer? Please correct me if I didn't read it properly.

I have not run gen mode. The only reason is mode one served my purpose perfectly. My bike wheel ssg is on loan to my brother who has restored just about every battery he can drag up at our car lot. It is time for me to build another more powerful machine.

I have many questions. Trying to limit them to the most important and not annoy and disrupt your thread.

The video will have to wait until Monday. Where I live my only option is wireless data so I have to watch the use.

Thanks for answering questions and sharing your work.

al

Comment

Hi Gary,

Generally speaking that garden battery gets a good deal of use so it had not been sitting all too long. Before these runs I had been using it on my 3pole. I do understand why you would say that and it makes good sense but I don't think the charge battery is responsible, it was the primary's pushing power you might say. That primary only started at 12.66, it had not been topped off before hand, on a good full charge it can sit around 12.9 rested.

but the run battery was not being fully recharged each time, which would indicate a COP of a little less than 1. The charge battery may need more conditioning?
                        I respectfully disagree with that statement. Let me try and put it another way, imagine if you had not seen the chart and could have only known that the battery started at 13.15 rested, got 10WH pulled, then 10WH used to charge it back up and it rested back at 13.15 again, and that was done three times because that is what was shown.

After three times of this the battery rested at the same voltage as it originally started. If I was not getting back what I pulled out then I would have seen less and less on the resting period, by the third one it may have been at say 12.9 or less but it was not, it was right where it started. I do understand why you would say what you said but consider what I have said. Forget the chart for a moment and think of the work.

I would also point out that when you do run a battery all the way up to 15.5 or 16, whatever (top curve) by that time you are already gassing off energy. Of course I do charge batteries "fully" too but hopefully you understand my point about that. We have only considered electrical so far, don't forget about the mechanical ;-)

Comment

Hi Allen,
                          I was already responding to Gary before you posted so you got skipped over.

I think I may have answered your question in my reply to Gary?

This chart is not out to prove anything really. The idea of it was to take 10WH out of the charge battery and then use 10WH worth of energy from the primary to push the charge back up. Some unexpected stuff showed up in the chart but it was not the intent. This was just a test of taking and putting equal amounts of energy and see how it turns out.

I think many of us will see this stuff differently and that is fine. I am just providing some data for us to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                            FWBR on the tigger???
                            do you mean to treat it like a node? rectify it to a capdump and/or to charge battery?
                            Thanks,
                            Patrick A.

sorry to bust in on this as it is an old thread. you can put nodes everywhere, John B showed this years ago. anywhere you have pulsed currents flowing, you can put a node and harvest the spike WITHOUT lowering the pulse potential to a point.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                              sorry to bust in on this as it is an old thread. you can put nodes everywhere, John B showed this years ago. anywhere you have pulsed currents flowing, you can put a node and harvest the spike WITHOUT lowering the pulse potential to a point.

Tom C
                              I concur, and this one produces some very interesting effects and interactions to boot. You must be going through the archives :-)
                              Patrick A.

Comment

This board is still kicking.

I have it on a new machine I built, two coiler small wheel with normal magnets.

Here is a run I just did on some 20AH lifePO4 batteries.

This was a gen mode cap dump run AKA,,mode3 as shown by Mr. Bedini a few years ago on the conference video. The dump board is of my own design and does not do any comparator functions. I just adjust my dumps to the input to achieve my desired voltage/current.

Charge Chart:

Name:	Run1_Batt2.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	46719

Primary Chart:

Name:	Run1_Batt1.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	46720

Here is a video I shot throughout the run. Something happened to the sound on the last section.

https://files.secureserver.net/0se4S7K2nXcAfK

Comment

Working...
                                X