• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron,
    What type phone do you have?
    K

Comment

Kevin,

I have a Wireless dish set up to get on the internet and do not use the phone.

Ron

Comment

Trouble reading foggy pic

Hi RS and all,

The cap pulser cct w/ Comparator trigger is very hard for me to make out the details.

Can we get a better resolution for this one.

Also snag 324 is a little difficult also.

I've been hoping for the comparator trg cct so am anxious to see it clearly.

Thanks for being here and for all the great help that is being offered.

Donald

Comment

Hi Donald

I did get snag 324 working with some help and component changes,

(sorry I have very little experience in electronics, so anybody please feel free to chime in, maybe I did it wrong so any advice will be appreciated as well !)

Change:
          R32 and R33 change to 4.7K or bigger (47R started smoking after a while)
          C3 to 100uF
          You need to swap the 2 pins, inverting and the non inverting pins on the LM741,

the rest works fine, depending what caps sizes you are dumping make sure you have heavy Mosfets.

Theunis
          Last edited by Prinsloo; 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM.
          Hey !
          WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
          JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Hi RS and all,

I have 7 power strand SSG running that was built according to the intermediate manual. Matched components.

I etched the camp dump circuit that is in the same manual and have been running it with 2, 15,000uF caps.

It has a 555timer and a voltage regulator to power switching of mosfet. The VR is powered off the caps. and the opto side is powered off the input. I've run it with FWBR and with just an added diode into the POS of the caps. Havn't decided which way is better.

I'm going to etched it again with a separate hand wired section for the caps and fets.

Charging lawn and tractor batt.

The caps will over fill in about 2 seconds to 70v so I have to be careful.

Can get a 2.6A pulse at about 30v iin a little less than a sec per pulse.

I tune the pulse by watching the cap voltage and the pulse amperage.

Batts are not charging very well. Could be bad batts.

The vertical peak of the h wave climbs between pulses.

On a dual trace shot it looks like the pulse which triggers downward on my scope, is driving the vertical peak down.

The wide traces on my etched board for the cap pulser, are blowing out. These traces that are connected directly to the caps.

Any insights as to why my batts are not charging very well?

Thanks for being here,

bro d

Comment

Try known Good Battery's.... Don't charge SSG conditioned battery's with a cap pulser...!!! that is a NO NO...!!! it will undo the SSG conditioning before it start's to charge good with the Cap pulser......... I have even ruined a set of battery's when i did this, they never were the same after that switch.........

Make your traces even wider and fatter. also layer them with plenty of solder, so that the solder carry's some of the current.

Use quality Fat Audio Monster Cables for all charge battery connections

23 to 30 Volt pulses every sec or less is good.......
              change values of the caps to see what the battery likes............. it may like different values and will start charging good with some values and not so good with other values.......

Comment

Thanks RS,

Looks like time for new batts.

Redoing the etched cct.

Do yo have solid number for super pole mag spacing?

Thanks,

bro d

Comment

Working...
                X