Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run along then, off you go!

Tom C
    Last edited by Tom C; 08-27-2014, 08:08 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
      Took a few moments over the last few days to wind the second coil. One more to go etc...
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3668[/ATTACH]

messing around w/ coil placement, thought I'd give a wave as we go along...
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3669[/ATTACH]

KR
      Patrick A.
      Very nice Patrick!!

Tom C

Comment

Yo Stevie aka erfinder,

Thanks for the MS Word messages embedded in your URL - what gives here?

erfinder@forgotten-genius.com

As an aside, I did enjoy the "erfinder dissect"thread, along with its truly interesting information and unique take on reality -great video. Unfortunately, all of it attracted too much negative attention which resulted in the abysmal lock down. Your accommodating style and philosophy is perhaps too foreign for most western readers, "c'est la vie"!

Your current situation brings to mind the trials and tribulations of the ***anese Zen master Bankei whose matured wisdom is displayed in the book "The Unborn". I point you in that direction...

Thank you for your contributions,
        Yaro
        Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
          Yo Stevie aka erfinder,

Thanks for the MS Word messages embedded in your URL - what gives here?

erfinder@forgotten-genius.com

As an aside, I did enjoy the "erfinder dissect"thread, along with its truly interesting information and unique take on reality -great video. Unfortunately, all of it attracted too much negative attention which resulted in the abysmal lock down. Your accommodating style and philosophy is perhaps too foreign for most western readers, "c'est la vie"!

Your current situation brings to mind the trials and tribulations of the ***anese Zen master Bankei whose matured wisdom is displayed in the book "The Unborn". I point you in that direction...

Thank you for your contributions,
          Yaro
          Yaro,

Do you honestly think Steve is or was having issues here, on this forum because he is or was misunderstood or his concepts were or are to far advanced for us uneducated, unsofisticated westerners? Lets be real... Here.

Plainly his choice of select words, in communication got him into trouble... Nothing else!

-Dave Wing

Comment

even in his absence he is causing strife... no more about the dude, it was not about what he was sharing, but what he refused to do. back to building and sharing. I will delete any more posts about him, his email is above go do what he does wherever he is, but for peace sake let's move on.

Tom C
            Last edited by Tom C; 08-28-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Hi John K. and/or Tom,
              If you are reading this, can you add any content to this post of John Bedini's here:

"John K,
              I would use that coil for the side coils. and wind another by putting two of the bobbins together double the impedance in Ohms 14. And make sure you put the shield on the bottom then run the Bedini/Cole circuit. The capacitor should be about 18000Uf use a SCR and a 4.7volt Zener with two 2.8 volt super bright Leds in series with the diode circuit. Machine RPM should be not more then 25 Rpm's. just giving you a tip. Good Work

John B"

Did you ever get 3 coils on that wheel? I'm curious if you think his intention was that you go all the way to 36v input?

I think when I finish all 3 of my coils, I might be close to 1 ohm total and even 12 volts might be too much potential and the mjl21194 might heat up.
              John mentions that the highly modified ckt will limit the current and the coils can do their work so I'll just keep plodding along...
              Thanks for any help... suggestions.
              KR,
              Patrick A.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferris Wheel Electrical.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	46473Patrick,

Here's an incomplete schematic that shows the Bedini/Cole switch as used on the Ferris Wheel. Its set up for 36V input.

Ron

Sorry this picture is not good when viewed on the forum. I have it in pdf if you need it.

Ron
                Last edited by Ron Chase; 08-28-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: Unreadable picture

Comment

Hi Ron,
                  I'd love the PDF.
                  I can resize and upload for everyone min2oly@yahoo.com
                  Thanks

I think JB's post was for those (John K.) who might be having a go at sizing "down" to get started. I also think it was intended for 36 volts??? He did say at the time it will be difficult to size down and get the same effects, he also said he would have liked to make his BIGGER! ouch :-)

KR,
                  Patrick A.

Originally posted by Ron Chase View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3706[/ATTACH]Patrick,

Here's an incomplete schematic that shows the Bedini/Cole switch as used on the Ferris Wheel. Its set up for 36V input.

Ron

Sorry this picture is not good when viewed on the forum. I have it in pdf if you need it.

Ron

Comment

I am hoping that a resistance mismatch is all that is needed between the coils.

Tom C

Comment

min2oly,

This is how I get it.
                      We know that the side coils should be half the impedance of the middle coil. After John K posted by memory the impedance of the wires of his coil (single at that moment), John B suggests that this coil better to be used for a side coil with that low total impedance. Imagine adding the sides to that it would go even lower since all three are in parallel. This is why JB said to wind new middle coil and double the impedance. Later in the thread John K posted the real values after he measured them and they were higher. Actually, at first values given were for 2 wires by 2 wires, and later the measurements were for each wire which in total is still low.
                      Something else that comes to my mind and I do not remember where I have read it (probably further in the same thread) that the Bedini/Cole Circuit works at its best in a certain range of impedance. It makes sense to me since the circuit is derived from another audio amplifier.
                      So, as I get it the intention of JB in that post was in relation with the middle coil's impedance which should be higher and than all three in total to be correct for the circuit to be at its optimum.

The impedance mismatch of the three coils I begin to associate with what JB said about the Ron Cole's notes on inductors in parallel.
                      from HERE

Originally posted by John_Bedini;
                      I know Ron Cole's notes were never published here on inductors but what would happen if the inductors were not all equal but were in parallel as Ron's notes indicated the current would not increase, only by a fraction that drove GE nuts and what about the two extra windings if they were held at a bias voltage inside. Would you not get the coil discharging at different times.

John B

Now I see that in earlier posts you mentioned the impedance of your coil being 2.6 Ohms. When you add the side coils in parallel it will go even lower. I think you should be looking for higher impedance on the middle coil as well.

Regards
                      Lman
                      Last edited by Lman; 08-29-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

its all about learning about the radus and switching, and how to manipulate the magnetic fields. how to taeke what JB has given us and turn it into a machine we can build on a scale that does not need a giant garage and 30K hopefully this will be possible.

Tom C

Comment

I hear you Tom :-) our thoughts are in sync.

Lman, that's a complex thread people jumping all over the place eh :-)
                          you are absolutely correct JB takes some measurements or looks at notes and gives the exact value's of the large coils later in the thread.

JB's post I referred to earlier was directed specifically to John K's build and the coil he was using at the time, a little less than 7 ohms. JB advised JK to use it and one more like it as the outside coils - 2 x 7 ohms in parallel. He also notes to add a new 2 filer 14 ohm coil in the center (we have to assume one wire for power and one for control therefore one should have half the resistance as the other so... 40 ohms and 20 ohms-ish)

slave coil 1- 7 ohms
                          center coil - 2 filer = 40 ohms and 20 ohms
                          slave coil 2- 7 ohms

total resistance in parallel 2.7723

still pretty low for 36 volts which is why I was wondering and asking John K. if he thought JB was intending he use that w/ 12, 24 or 36v???

No worries, I'll find out soon enough. My sense is and I think Lman yours as well, that the resistance on my build will be too low and my 94 will heat up. I'm using 18awg, I might have to drop it down to 20 and use something closer to the above specs in the end...
                          Thanks for any additional help - KR
                          Patrick A.

Originally posted by Lman View Post
                          min2oly,

This is how I get it.
                          We know that the side coils should be half the impedance of the middle coil. After John K posted by memory the impedance of the wires of his coil (single at that moment), John B suggests that this coil better to be used for a side coil with that low total impedance. Imagine adding the sides to that it would go even lower since all three are in parallel. This is why JB said to wind new middle coil and double the impedance. Later in the thread John K posted the real values after he measured them and they were higher. Actually, at first values given were for 2 wires by 2 wires, and later the measurements were for each wire which in total is still low.
                          Something else that comes to my mind and I do not remember where I have read it (probably further in the same thread) that the Bedini/Cole Circuit works at its best in a certain range of impedance. It makes sense to me since the circuit is derived from another audio amplifier.
                          So, as I get it the intention of JB in that post was in relation with the middle coil's impedance which should be higher and than all three in total to be correct for the circuit to be at its optimum.

The impedance mismatch of the three coils I begin to associate with what JB said about the Ron Cole's notes on inductors in parallel.
                          from HERE

Now I see that in earlier posts you mentioned the impedance of your coil being 2.6 Ohms. When you add the side coils in parallel it will go even lower. I think you should be looking for higher impedance on the middle coil as well.

Regards
                          Lman

Comment

i remember him saying he needed 36v for it to run correctly.... so i would think just stick with 12v for now.... also im going to assume that any bike sized wheel is going to getting into the 100's rpms and i dont think it should be fought to get it down to the 20's.... we all know smaller wheels are gonna try to run faster

Comment

Hi Ron,
                              Thanks!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferris-Wheel-Electrical-10-18-13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	46474
                              I think this is readable. LMK anyone, if you have problems.
                              Ron, might i add - That's some NICE work you've done there pulling it all together.
                              KR,
                              Patrick

Comment

min2oly,

It is complex I agree, and it is easy to get lost somewhere along the learning path. ;-)
                                Now I know what you meant by asking about that post. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you and Ron Chase for the schematic. I find it readable.

Regards
                                Lman

Comment

Working...
                                X