• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• min2oly
    replied
    Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi All,

We all know how much of a pain it is to wind a good quality coil for a Bedini SG. Anyone who has done it knows how difficult it is to run the wires out, twist them and then wind it onto a spool - not much fun right? And then you have to source and cut the welding rods! (Anyone who hasn't yet wound their first coil - you don't know what you're missing!)

Well, we have some good news - coils for the Bedini SG are now available!

We at TeslagenX have secured a supplier who has agreed to wind coils to our specifications, which are the same specifications recommended by JB. Our supplier has agreed to ship each Thursday for orders that are received by Monday.

We have two types of coils available. The first is designed to complement the Bedini SG 4 Transistor Experimenter Kit that is already available. This coil is 5-filar, wound with 130' of 4 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. The spool is the standard Pittsfield spool (
    3.25” High x 3.5” Diameter. 0.75” Core) and each coil is filled with R60 copper coated welding rod. The price for this coil is just $100 (plus shipping)

The second coil we have available is 8-filar, wound with 130' of 7 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. It also comes on the standard spool and R60 welding rod. This is the coil that is recommended in the Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook This coil is only $125 (plus shipping).

To place an order, please visit our website and see the bottom of this page: Coils and Coil Components

Both of these coils are also designed to fit into our exclusive quality wooden coil holder, which is also available from the same web page and is only $25.

Just think, no more trying to wind coils in the heat, rain or snow
    . Just order, receive and fit your coil

John K, Tom C & ErikN
    Here here - cheers!

I did it 3 times 250' 9 filer. I had a blast with my kids at the park. 3rd time was not much of a charm for my little one - good thing she brought a friend, always something to do at the park.
    I've priced out other companies that sell a spool twisted, not cheap.

Thanks for providing these.
    why not AWG#18, I thought that was the gold standard here?
    6 twists/inch?
    -edit-snip

Kind regards,
    Patrick
    Last edited by min2oly; 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    started a topic Bedini SG Coils Now Available!

Bedini SG Coils Now Available!

Hi All,

We all know how much of a pain it is to wind a good quality coil for a Bedini SG. Anyone who has done it knows how difficult it is to run the wires out, twist them and then wind it onto a spool - not much fun right? And then you have to source and cut the welding rods! (Anyone who hasn't yet wound their first coil - you don't know what you're missing!)

Well, we have some good news - coils for the Bedini SG are now available!

We at TeslagenX have secured a supplier who has agreed to wind coils to our specifications, which are the same specifications recommended by JB. Our supplier has agreed to ship each Thursday for orders that are received by Monday.

We have two types of coils available. The first is designed to complement the Bedini SG 4 Transistor Experimenter Kit that is already available. This coil is 5-filar, wound with 130' of 4 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. The spool is the standard Pittsfield spool (
    3.25” High x 3.5” Diameter. 0.75” Core) and each coil is filled with R60 copper coated welding rod. The price for this coil is just $100 (plus shipping)

The second coil we have available is 8-filar, wound with 130' of 7 strands of AWG#20 and 1 strand of AWG#23. It also comes on the standard spool and R60 welding rod. This is the coil that is recommended in the Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook This coil is only $125 (plus shipping).

To place an order, please visit our website and see the bottom of this page: Coils and Coil Components

Both of these coils are also designed to fit into our exclusive quality wooden coil holder, which is also available from the same web page and is only $25.

Just think, no more trying to wind coils in the heat, rain or snow
    . Just order, receive and fit your coil

John K, Tom C & ErikN
    Last edited by ErikN; 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM. Reason: fixed links
Working...
X