No announcement yet.

The 3d Monopole Coil How To Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...I don't know why anyone here still uses Windows programs. Ubuntu Linux has quite a large engineering support community, and what you CAN'T get free, you can just pay a little for--and, most of the free stuff is fantastic, including CAD/CAM/CAE, Pc BOARD DEVELOPMENT, 3d printing, and just about any type of open source project you can think of. Most of the programs that are available use inter-OS type files, so anything you already have can be accessed by the alternative programs. I run Ubuntu 12.04, and its funny watching mall-ware try to gain access--not happening! My wife still uses Bill's spyware operating system. I hear it revving up, during the night--probably MS engineers doing their rounds HA! I hope you all consider moving over to something better...just saying...
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

Brodie,
      I have other uses for that wheel as you will soon see. But do understand what your saying.
      John
      Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
      wouldnt it be better to remove spokes and just use different infill settings?? You wouldnt get any wind resistance, and you would probably use less material than making spokes
      John Bedini
      My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

YouTube Link

So lets see what YouTube did here is the link
        John
        Last edited by John_Bedini; 10-25-2015, 05:43 PM. Reason: info
        John Bedini

Comment

Hmmm...I don't know why anyone here still uses Windows programs. Ubuntu Linux has quite a large engineering support community, and what you CAN'T get free, you can just pay a little for--and, most of the free stuff is fantastic, including CAD/CAM/CAE, Pc BOARD DEVELOPMENT, 3d printing, and just about any type of open source project you can think of. Most of the programs that are available use inter-OS type files, so anything you already have can be accessed by the alternative programs. I run Ubuntu 12.04, and its funny watching mall-ware try to gain access--not happening! My wife still uses Bill's spyware operating system. I hear it revving up, during the night--probably MS engineers doing their rounds HA! I hope you all consider moving over to something better...just saying...

Comment

OOOPS! sorry for the double pose. I was having trouble with the site.

Comment

Maybe it's your Linux box goofing up ;-)

Just kidding friend, the trouble is windows is the main stream. I get your point of view but it is what it is.

Comment

Hi John,

Looks like you've been busy! Did you find that the push or pull arrangement was any more efficient than the other?

John K.

Comment

I like your humour, Bob.

Ya, I get that Windows is "mainstream"...kind of what my wife says to me, but she is usually sleeping when outsiders are making the rounds on her computer at...say...2AM. And, my wife makes her own decisions, like you all, and is very smart, like you all. However, my argument, just to state a point, is that JOHN'S technology is NOT mainstream, and those we call "THEY" love to mess with him and the rest of us if THEY can, making things harder for everyone concerned. It's really easy for any and all corps/agencies to do that, since there are innumerable back-doors to everything you are doing when using Bill's products--for their (Bill's corp) benefit and for the powers that wana-be (think "Snowden"). I don't know, but my decision would be, and is, to have a more secure system...not one where the wolf sells you key to the hen-house he built for you...while holding a dozen more keys behind his back...allegorically of course. So, you all being intelligent persons and all--making your own life decisions, as it were, , and being embarrassed for hijacking John's thread, I demure...

James, somewhere in Idaho

Comment

John_Bedini
                    Thanks for sharing

Comment

• I found the dollar store solar toy circuits work very well with these small low voltage builds, and the circuit that works best is the one that comes with that begging for money solar toy Japanese cat. It runs down to the microamps. The thing with these ckts as well as the one you mention in the video is they do not have as much of a spike for recovery - although Dadhav (John H.) was able to find the sweet spot for his...
                      KR - Patrick A.

Comment

• Solar Switch

Here is a circuit that anybody can make without going into all this complicated stuff. I have been using this to control outside lights off deep Cycle batteries for the past 5 years my office is all solar and so are the outbuildings I have never run out of power even with all the cloudy days in Idaho. This solar switch can switch some real current if you want to use big devices and a Darlington arrangement it can also use a big power Fet for 420 amps. This is a very simple charging circuit. I don’t know if I believe that little cell added anything in that arrangement in the video as the light is way too low. Since that motor drive circuit is not drawing much current the Ni-Cad battery can do that easy since it’s pulsed I even find trouble with his two transistor circuit to drive the motor as the bias is very critical otherwise the circuit will just turn on and stay on and the motor will not do anything. I have not posted what I want as this is just a study course for me. The arrangement in the easy spin makes it a generator also but does not give anything back just move the ac wave into the square wave and you will see what is missing this limits the motor RPM, the spike is another issue. It also makes it impossible to charge Lipo batteries as you need a steady current that changes impedance levels with voltage. You could use a linear regulator once everything is converted. It is possible to have the solar motor drive a geared switch to switch batteries. If you want to get more complicated this can all be electronic with the IC’s we have today. The solar cell can even be detected in its color range and adjust the circuit for maximum output. I always try to keep everything very simple in the groups because some have some trouble making things. But this is enough for now as I really do not want to get people mad at me. I would suggest you build DadHav two transistor circuit just the way he posted it and find out for yourself if it works, that way.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	solar switch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	47154
                        John Bedini

Comment

• I agree on keeping things simple and I did build a small led light using your garden light ckt when you first shared it way back when we were starting with the crystal batteries/cells… my daughter also built a couple for her 5th grade winter bazaar along with some reed switched mini window-ish newman-ish motors.

I have built Dadhav’s ckt and it does act as you say, stays on unless you get the bias right. It is very efficient when you get it all balanced and it seems to push current on the charge side rather than spike. So kind of like a linear amplifier I thought. Anyway I am by no means a knowledgeable person in this field. I really do enjoy replicating these builds. I do not have a 3d printer so I look forward to the kit.
                          KR – Patrick A.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            So lets see what YouTube did here is the link
                            John
                            I really like this build.
                            I wonder how much more difficult it would be to mount it on "magnetic bearings". I'm just thinking since it's so light that could actually be an option...
                            KR - Patrick A.

Comment

• 3D printed Zero Force Motor

Ok,
                              So I have been busy here and have considered showing the Zero Force motor. This motor that I’m showing is in a very simple form to make it easy to understand and 3D printed. Around 1971 to 1972 Ron Cloe and I decided to do experiments with this type of motor. We discovered this by accident as some things were lying on the bench when we were pulsing magnetic fields to test a theory we had. The first zero force motor was done very crude and was just on a board with a couple of L bracket to just test it.
                              Later on we made a movie and sent it to Tom Bearden, Tom did a paper on this and called it an A field motor. I continued my experiments with mapping magnetic fields and the way they looked around magnets and coils, I did not come up with textbook drawings as can be seen from some of the drawings floating around the internet in the images. Around the same time Howard Johnson was working with a university to map magnetic fields, and that proved out to be that we had never see them until he released his pictures and later on I did a DVD on that in the in the energy series. I had a little model and Peter Lindemann built an advanced model as was shown on the internet. That motor used the Bedini/Cole circuit; the only difference was it used reeds to switch the circuit at over 10 thousand RPM’s. It was so fast it would burn the bearings up. At that speed you could not stop the motor, I use to say it’s an electrical turbine and if you could control it you could have all the power you want free from all back EMF or counter electromagnetic force which was proven because it did not produce any generation of any kind except what Bearden called, it makes pure Ø-dot current. The coils in this machine are standing vertical or can be in a Toroidal arrangement with small gaps on a non-iron form, so no iron in the motor except the magnets. The arrangement is much different on the rotor in peters model NN, SS across from each other. In the 3D demonstration model I have chosen to arrange the magnets NN, NN to keep it simple and from building a bi-polar switch. In the Video I’m using a Lipo battery just to see what happens as I know you cannot use that signal to charge that type of battery.
                              However you can filter all that and build a linear regulator circuit and recharge the battery as nothing is affected in the motor. Some may disagree with what I’m saying but until you do the experiments you really won’t know anything about it. As Peter would tell you, John never talked much about this motor.
                              The 3D printer really makes everything easy to test things and the cost to do it is low considering it would take me hours in a machine shop to mill things out and it can be reproduced easy. Anyway I have said what I want to say about the history of the motor, and I have seen one other attempt on the internet but I have never seen any follow up on the build. So if it worked he has gone silent or his arrangement did not work out. The one thing I did notice that he mounted his magnets on a plastic disc on the outside of a toroid core which is incorrect as it must be inside a plastic non-magnetic core.
                              John B
                              John Bedini

Comment

• Hi John,
                                your zero force motor has always been one of my favorites. There are so many that are my favorites...
                                would it help if the coil formed the arc shape of the rotor for efficiency or does that not really matter. also, in the first vid I watched you added an iron core on the fly which took the motor from 100mA to 0.0mA would it do the same here or does that need the bipolar switch?
                                Thanks for sharing these - I'm on pins and needles now.
                                KR - Patrick A.

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                                Ok,
                                So I have been busy here and have considered showing the Zero Force motor. This motor that I’m showing is in a very simple form to make it easy to understand and 3D printed. Around 1971 to 1972 Ron Cloe and I decided to do experiments with this type of motor. We discovered this by accident as some things were lying on the bench when we were pulsing magnetic fields to test a theory we had. The first zero force motor was done very crude and was just on a board with a couple of L bracket to just test it.
                                Later on we made a movie and sent it to Tom Bearden, Tom did a paper on this and called it an A field motor. I continued my experiments with mapping magnetic fields and the way they looked around magnets and coils, I did not come up with textbook drawings as can be seen from some of the drawings floating around the internet in the images. Around the same time Howard Johnson was working with a university to map magnetic fields, and that proved out to be that we had never see them until he released his pictures and later on I did a DVD on that in the in the energy series. I had a little model and Peter Lindemann built an advanced model as was shown on the internet. That motor used the Bedini/Cole circuit; the only difference was it used reeds to switch the circuit at over 10 thousand RPM’s. It was so fast it would burn the bearings up. At that speed you could not stop the motor, I use to say it’s an electrical turbine and if you could control it you could have all the power you want free from all back EMF or counter electromagnetic force which was proven because it did not produce any generation of any kind except what Bearden called, it makes pure Ø-dot current. The coils in this machine are standing vertical or can be in a Toroidal arrangement with small gaps on a non-iron form, so no iron in the motor except the magnets. The arrangement is much different on the rotor in peters model NN, SS across from each other. In the 3D demonstration model I have chosen to arrange the magnets NN, NN to keep it simple and from building a bi-polar switch. In the Video I’m using a Lipo battery just to see what happens as I know you cannot use that signal to charge that type of battery.
                                However you can filter all that and build a linear regulator circuit and recharge the battery as nothing is affected in the motor. Some may disagree with what I’m saying but until you do the experiments you really won’t know anything about it. As Peter would tell you, John never talked much about this motor.
                                The 3D printer really makes everything easy to test things and the cost to do it is low considering it would take me hours in a machine shop to mill things out and it can be reproduced easy. Anyway I have said what I want to say about the history of the motor, and I have seen one other attempt on the internet but I have never seen any follow up on the build. So if it worked he has gone silent or his arrangement did not work out. The one thing I did notice that he mounted his magnets on a plastic disc on the outside of a toroid core which is incorrect as it must be inside a plastic non-magnetic core.
                                John B

Comment

Working...
                                X