Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RB176 View Post
    Problem is I tried the ceramic capacitors and they wouldn’t work with for my application, I’m trying to use it on a points breaker ignition system and not something a magneto or cdi box. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6987[/ATTACH]
    Use 0.47uf/600V SHMPP Capacitor in Parallel to your Primary coil...let us know what you get!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

    Comment


    • Ok I’ll try that, last time I had it from the plug wire on one end and then grounded to a washer under the plug. Is that correct? Thanks

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RB176 View Post
        Ok I’ll try that, last time I had it from the plug wire on one end and then grounded to a washer under the plug. Is that correct? Thanks
        Hey ,
        Could show a sketch of what you mean? I'm willing to guide you.
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

        Comment


        • Here you go a little crude but it should do. 2AA3F7EC-4E56-406B-A260-FEE80E850D02.jpg

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RB176 View Post
            Here you go a little crude but it should do. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6989[/ATTACH]
            Hey, Here is attached my explanation with the schematic hope that helps.
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.you schematic is apeaking capacitor.jpgWhat i meant by Parallel Resonant ....jpg
            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

            Comment


            • Faraday88 thank you for helping me, unfortunately I’m a little confused about your diagram. If it isn’t to much trouble could you please label some more of your components you are trying to show me. Thanks Jeremiah

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                Faraday88 thank you for helping me, unfortunately I’m a little confused about your diagram. If it isn’t to much trouble could you please label some more of your components you are trying to show me. Thanks Jeremiah
                Sure! you are welcome..
                Rgds,
                Faraday88
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                  Faraday88 thank you for helping me, unfortunately I’m a little confused about your diagram. If it isn’t to much trouble could you please label some more of your components you are trying to show me. Thanks Jeremiah
                  Jeremiah, if I may add my two cents here, Faraday made a schematic showing what you show but added the ignition points and points capacitor in an electronic form schematic.
                  What I would like to ask you is, are you connecting one end of the capacitor at the ignition coil high voltage output and therefore adding another full length ignition wire (or low voltage wire) for each cylinder? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Aaron just runs it under the ignition wire boot that goes over the spark plug.

                  Notice that during running the +12 volts usually goes from the ignition switch through a ballast resistor and then to the + on the ignition coil. The - on the ignition coil goes to the points and gets connected to ground when the ignition points are closed. The capacitor (sometimes called the condensor) usually inside the distributor (but sometimes on the outside of the distributor) is connected from the coil - to ground so it is in parallel with the points. Faraday shows the ignition points (when momentarily closed)connecting the +12 volts to the + side of the coil and the capacitor in parallel with the ignition coil primary, then the - side of the ignition coil permanently connected to ground. I don't think any auto manufacturer does it that way.
                  I did a copy/paste of this generic ignition system off internet but it just pasted the link instead of the diagram.
                  https://www.ratwell.com/mirror/users...ges/ignsys.gif

                  Richard Gieser

                  Comment


                  • Hooked up now

                    Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                    Have you hooked up the unit to your car and ran it with just the basic MSD ignition?
                    I now have my Street Fire MSD unit hooked up to my Tacoma and it drives fine!
                    WOW! I was doing a spark plug test with one wire out and a plug in it to see how strong the spark is and it was jumping spark 1 1/2" to 2" away to ground when I lifted the plug up from the engine ground! And doing major popping sounds!

                    I guess I'm now ready for the next phase of connecting the diodes??

                    Thanks,
                    Ron

                    Comment


                    • MSD Connected

                      Originally posted by rokan View Post
                      I now have my Street Fire MSD unit hooked up to my Tacoma and it drives fine!
                      WOW! I was doing a spark plug test with one wire out and a plug in it to see how strong the spark is and it was jumping spark 1 1/2" to 2" away to ground when I lifted the plug up from the engine ground! And doing major popping sounds!

                      I guess I'm now ready for the next phase of connecting the diodes??

                      Thanks,
                      Ron
                      Here's some pics of my installation, the wires on the truck now are Magnacore but I have a pic of the other ones that are ready to connect directly to my plugs that I modified with solid core wire below the stock wires
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rokan View Post
                        Here's some pics of my installation, the wires on the truck now are Magnacore but I have a pic of the other ones that are ready to connect directly to my plugs that I modified with solid core wire below the stock wires
                        I don't know how long that stock coil will last with the cap discharge - might be a good idea to replace with the pertronix one at some point.

                        IF your HV output of the coil is positive HV, then add diodes like this - diode cathode goes to the wires that you have T connected into the spark plug cables above the boots - the anode of the diodes is connected to the + of the ignition coil because that is where the + of the capacitor in the MSD is connected to:



                        IF the HV output is negative, then reverse the diode direction.

                        How to check for HV polarity of ignition coil output - read Jetis' post #5 really simple: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...rity-test.html

                        You could test with one diode connected to a plug that is grounded to the valve cover or something - try both direction to see which one makes the plasma. Then you know what direction to place all the diodes.
                        Attached Files
                        Aaron Murakami





                        You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                          Sure! you are welcome..
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88
                          Hi RB176,
                          Extremely sorry for the delayed response I had issues with the up loading of the pics earlier in the week so...
                          hope you bare with it..
                          Here it is for your reference.PPC Capacitors.jpgDoor Knob Capacitor.jpgLabelled Schematics.jpg
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.
                          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

                          Comment


                          • Hi Richard been busy last few days and I didn’t have a chance to see your reply. First off I just ordered Aaron’s book and video’s today so hopefully it will give me some more understanding. When I used the 30kv ceramic disk caps I just had those cap leads grounded under the plug boot and to a washer underneath the spark plug. It did enhance the spark but it couldn’t keep up with the rpms at full throttle and also had some burn the wire off. I never tried to use I diode and go from low voltage + positive to high voltage + on my 3.0 olm internal Bosch coil. My understanding it wouldn’t work for a battery breaker ignition points coil/condenser system, although I never tried it. I did just order some HVRT 200 20kv 30mA diodes to try out. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Jeremiah

                            Comment


                            • Thank you Faraday that’s a great schematic! Also as I just replied to Richard I just ordered Aaron’s book and videos so I think with all of your guys help I’ll be throwing flames before long!!! Thanks Jeremiah

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                                I don't know how long that stock coil will last with the cap discharge - might be a good idea to replace with the pertronix one at some point.

                                IF your HV output of the coil is positive HV, then add diodes like this - diode cathode goes to the wires that you have T connected into the spark plug cables above the boots - the anode of the diodes is connected to the + of the ignition coil because that is where the + of the capacitor in the MSD is connected to:



                                IF the HV output is negative, then reverse the diode direction.

                                How to check for HV polarity of ignition coil output - read Jetis' post #5 really simple: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...rity-test.html

                                You could test with one diode connected to a plug that is grounded to the valve cover or something - try both direction to see which one makes the plasma. Then you know what direction to place all the diodes.
                                It is a Nology coil so it should hold up I would think. What rating diodes should I use? Do you have a part number that will work the best so I can order the right ones?
                                Will microwave diodes work? Can they handle the power?
                                Thanks,
                                Ron
                                Last edited by rokan; 07-19-2018, 11:09 PM. Reason: more thoughts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X