Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Hall sensor in a trigger circuit

Hi there,

I have been building a generator using Bedini principles that uses 5 coils and a circuit as laid out in the attached 'Generator Circuit' image. When I had completed the build I found that there was insufficient voltage generated in the trigger circuit to activate the transistor and so I decided to change to a Hall Sensor based trigger circuit as shown in the 'Revised 'Hall' Circuit' pic. In conjunction with a MOSFET this makes it much easier to trigger the main flow of current in the coils from the battery as a rotor magnet approaches.

However, I have found that the Hall sensor triggers in such a way that the main current is switched on well before the magnet reaches alignment with the coil core. Unlike the Bedini system, where the main current is activated just after the peak magnetisation of the core so as to produce a magnetic polarity that opposes the rotor magnet which pushes it on its way adding to its momentum, in the Hall system there is no sudden reversal of the core's magnetic polarity but a constant polarity from the time the current is on till it switches off, maybe 10 degrees of rotation after alignment.

This being so I can't see how using a Hall sensor trigger will get a generator to rotate and yet I have heard that this is the more modern way of building and operating this type of unit.

Perhaps another process is at work driving the rotor forward?

If anyone has some experience of using a Hall sensor then I would welcome your thoughts in helping me get past this 'obstacle'.

Thanks

Jules
    Attached Files
    'Consciousness came First'
Working...
X