Bedini Comparator Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
    Ah, I see, you are powering the SS SSG with the solar panel and feeding the cap pulser..... I was not thinking about it like that, as lately i have been using the solar panels directly.. Yes, the 12V version Sch should work just fine as is...... you might want to also try the MAX931 micro power version posted in this thread.......
    RS,english isnt my motherlaunge..if i recap corectly,you put cap pulser directly after the solar panel?without sg?....solar panel>cap pulser>battery
    TIA
    Alfin

Comment

yes, that is correct.....

3 harbor fright panels in series at 70V open circuit full sun, and filling the cap to 25V and pulsing, will charge a motor cycle or lawn tractor battery quite well
      the 2 295W in series, even with partly cloudy sky, will boil the small battery's at 16 to 17V within 2 minutes

Comment

hi rs,i am new to these forum and i want to replicate scheme you posted for 12v comparator,I'm not an electrician,could you please tell me what kinde of resistor(i mean watt)do you use ,and for zener diode too( Watt),and voltage for all 3 capacitor?iI would be very grateful...thenksClick image for larger version

Name:	comparator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	46191

Comment

I use 1/2 watt resistors, I think the zener part numbers listed are 1/2watt, the capture cap should be 35 to 50V, and value sized to the input source. The other 2 caps should be 25V +

Comment

thx for fast resp...

Comment

I want to thank rs for the 12v comparator circuit. I have made it and is working fine
              I have hoocked it up to a 12w solar panel giving 20v open cicuit, i use a 10 000 uf cap after the bridge,i regulate the pot to dump at 17/18 volts
              and the circuit dumps the capacitor to a 7Ah bat at about 5 times a second and charges that battery to 15.99v in 5h 0r less
              By the way i live in the Algarve (Portugal)

Comment

Hi cindi,
                good idea! congratulations. I do the same princip since September last year. No Bedini SG nor Oscillator. Directly from Solarpanel (36V/180Wp) into 18V/200AH battery bank via
                capdump (32V downto 24V) with a capacitor 200.000 uF. Every pulse pushes 65 Joules (Ws) into the batteries 3 times per second (full sun). My setup is working non stop since months
                and my batteries are in well condition. So i can start 3 times per week my inverter (500W grid tie) and harvest 3000..4000Wh. The batteries seem to increase their capacity.
                you are on a good track....

have fun

Comment

Hi John K,
                  Voltage Based switching consumes lower power than Current base Switching.. hence MOSFET is better than BJT, Comparator out put is suited for MOSFET driving..
                  Rgds,,
                  Faraday88.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                    Hi John K,
                    Voltage Based switching consumes lower power than Current base Switching.. hence MOSFET is better than BJT, Comparator out put is suited for MOSFET driving..
                    Rgds,,
                    Faraday88.
                    Faraday88, what is this in relation to? In what context?

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by adys15 View Post
                      Thanks for the tips guys,I know about discharge\charge cycles but only done it 2times on that batt.I will ''torture'' it more..
                      RS I would like to thank you again for your help on the circuit,i replaced that bd with tip120transistor and conect the colector to the +terminal before the diodes,and now the led is flasing properly and the caps are charged\disch corectly,and tr. stais cool.I also not used the1.2k res between pin 6 of the opamp because i tried with it and no diference,it has the 2.2k with the led already so no need for it.From Ron circuit i kept only the 2.2k and led on pin 1 of opto and power on led,and now its working very nice,and boiled the batt in 3minutes from 10v.... but i want to discharge the caps a bit longer, because they discarge very rapidly only 5v of 35v,so i want the ''on time'‘ to be longer..how do i do that?i use 3-4700mf,2-3300mf,2-2200mf 40v caps.
                      Cheers
                      Adys15 ,my BD243c is get very hot also within minute...you manage to solve this,can u explain more abt put collector to + terminal before diodes?if possible in details..
                      TIA
                      Alfin

Comment

Dear administrators and members,
                        I built the 12v comparator circuit and used 10000 MFD 63 volt capacitor.
                        The circuit is working fine and pulsing.
                        I have confirmed it with CRO, and also connecting a lamp
                        Connected a new 7Ah battery for charging, voltage reached 13.80 from 12 volt in 14 hours
                        When I connected the battery to an ups, it does not stand even one minute.
                        What could be the problem?
                        Problem 2: if somehow we switch off the circuit and restart it the circuit stop pulsing we have to adjust the pot again; what could be done to solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                          Faraday88, what is this in relation to? In what context?

John K.
                          Hi John K,

Sorry I forgot to post as 'reply with quote' instead I just posted with reply alone...so I'm not able to figure out what was this is context to...
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.
                          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

alfinip2000
                            Sory for late reply,i had a lot of work and left the bedini stuff aside for a while.I changed my transistor that was trigering the mosfets to tip120 and staing cool now,i conected the colector just like in the latest schematic that RS posted.
                            NeonBlue84 i put another 10mf cap on pins 2,3 of the lm741 and slowed down the frq of the dump but the discharge cycle is still fast the caps charges to 28v and dumps at 22v....charging the batery but i think it could charge beter if the dump time was longer.
                            I observed something strange these days...i'm not sure if the meters are acurate but...i measured the input power of the solid state ssg which was 16v 0.3A,and the output of the caps is 28v 1.5A...the amps are there because i put a 21w auto bulb in series with the negative of the charging batt and it lights almost half brightness...so there is some amps there...how do you explain this?thanks...

Comment

somebody??

Comment

adys15,

yup cap dumps AMPLIFY current. by discharging at a hi voltage into a low impedance load. you can see pulses above 100 amps on a cap dump if you can measure it, it is so fast hard to do. your meter is getting just a bit of it, depends upon how good your meter is.
                                Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X